Author Topic: Pokemon go  (Read 14746 times)

rayne315

Re: Pokemon go
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 01:22:07 pm »
Im just hoping it isn't a massive data hog
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 01:37:19 pm »
Im just hoping it isn't a massive data hog

It's a huge battery hog, if anything.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 01:42:19 pm »
It has a battery saver mode, it helps.

Data wise, I've been playing it most of today and I've not used 10MB.  But, if I really want a specific spot where I'm standing, I have to set my GPS to high accuracy, which is a battery killer.  Power saver GPS works fairly well, not accurate enough to be standing AT a spot and for it to recognize you are there though, but works well enough to play.  GPS only fails 100% of the time, won't even let you play the game.

telly

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 09:53:02 pm »
I'm excited to try it out, but my phone doesn't have the best battery live as is, I hope that I can run it alright!  :(
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 07:04:44 am »
meh... it's just excercise in disguise... i get enough of that at work. ._.

kashell

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 08:29:00 am »
Pokémon Go? More like Pokémon "No"! HEY-O!

I'm kidding. Hopefully everyone is enjoying it.

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 09:06:22 am »
There is a Red and Yellow gym near my work.

I will destroy them with swift justice.

rayne315

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 09:59:04 am »
There is a Red and Yellow gym near my work.

I will destroy them with swift justice.

GO TEAM MYSTIC!!! (Blue)

lol all the gyms in my area are red... this guy from the beta has the entire area locked down tight... he's also level 20 with minimum 500 cp pokemon defending the gyms. everyone else in the area seems to have noticed and are all going red. BUT I have MUCH better pokemon than all the people entering his gyms so it wont be long before I take down his pokemon.

side note with the server issues happening when you try and log on DO NOT SWITCH APPS no matter how long it takes. if you made it past the log in screen your character is logged in and it seems like the server only logs them out every 10-30 minutes so that is how long you will have to wait before you can even try again. error prompt is: failed to get player information from the server
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:26:52 am by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 02:44:20 pm »
TFW my samsung note 2 is not supported.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

karyann

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 04:06:13 pm »
GO TEAM MYSTIC!!! (Blue)

lol all the gyms in my area are red... this guy from the beta has the entire area locked down tight... he's also level 20 with minimum 500 cp pokemon defending the gyms. everyone else in the area seems to have noticed and are all going red. BUT I have MUCH better pokemon than all the people entering his gyms so it wont be long before I take down his pokemon.

side note with the server issues happening when you try and log on DO NOT SWITCH APPS no matter how long it takes. if you made it past the log in screen your character is logged in and it seems like the server only logs them out every 10-30 minutes so that is how long you will have to wait before you can even try again. error prompt is: failed to get player information from the server

Friends had already chosen Yellow before I installed it so I went with that, but when reading the descriptions I'd totally have chosen Mystic otherwise  :( Oh well. The important thing is having fun with friends :) There are 2 Stops directly on my workplace and with ~3000 employees, there are of course a lot of people playing. So most of the time someone has set an incense to attract pokémon and I just have to sit there and catch'em all  8)

rayne315

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 04:12:10 pm »
GO TEAM MYSTIC!!! (Blue)

Friends had already chosen Yellow before I installed it so I went with that, but when reading the descriptions I'd totally have chosen Mystic otherwise  :( Oh well. The important thing is having fun with friends :) There are 2 Stops directly on my workplace and with ~3000 employees, there are of course a lot of people playing. So most of the time someone has set an incense to attract pokémon and I just have to sit there and catch'em all  8)

damn... my workplace is that if not more and it doesn't even recognize it as a building. but ill be damned if there aren't a shit ton of pokemon here naturally. caught a 400+ cp hypno and am going to use it to take over the gyms in town from the level 16 guy. btw im only level 7 so I got really good luck finding him. and their are 3 statues and 2 permanent construction and forestry machines adorning the entrance to the visitor parking lot where their should be ones.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 04:17:03 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 05:09:06 pm »
Servers have been down all afternoon for me which is annoying.  I also can't seem to figure out how to close the program down to try and restart it, compared to Miitomo where you just click the back triangle button to give the option to quit.  Have to keep restarting my phone just to find out if the servers have come back lol

rayne315

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 05:13:36 pm »
Servers have been down all afternoon for me which is annoying.  I also can't seem to figure out how to close the program down to try and restart it, compared to Miitomo where you just click the back triangle button to give the option to quit.  Have to keep restarting my phone just to find out if the servers have come back lol

I don't know what phone you use but generally you can press and hold whatever your home button is and remove the application from running in the background. also there is a website that tracks whether the server is up or not. I do not know the website so you will have to google it but it was being constantly mentioned on the reddit.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2016, 05:45:42 pm »

I don't know what phone you use but generally you can press and hold whatever your home button is and remove the application from running in the background. also there is a website that tracks whether the server is up or not. I do not know the website so you will have to google it but it was being constantly mentioned on the reddit.

That's it, I figured out how to shut it down.  Never had to use that option before lol

And found this website that keeps track of things, though it's funny that because it's so popular, their servers are struggling to keep up apparently lol

http://cmmcd.com/PokemonGo/

*EDIT*
Finally got outside to actually capture a few more, though walking around my neighborhood, only 2 more pidgey's showed up, and a Spearow. Muggy, wet, weather isn't helping things for me with this.  Wish I lived back in a cooler climate in Alaska.  I'd be out all the time as long as it wasn't raining lol
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:30:39 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 11:56:35 am »
"Your device is not compatible with this version" well f**k me sideways

I know your pain, i am lookingt to buy a used iphone now...... just to play this damn thing.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730