Author Topic: Pokemon go  (Read 13896 times)

rayne315

Pokemon go
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:20 pm »
Just released in the us.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

Re: Pokemon go
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:56:07 pm »
Just downloaded it, will give it a go later.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:18 pm »
its extreamly glitch at this point
ive ran into probably 4-5 things that caused issue includeing one that crashed the game...
btw the servers just went down

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 10:48:45 pm »
Grabbed it also, might actually get me outside at least for a bit.  This heat right now sucks super hard.  At least I got my Squirtle like old times lol

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 11:57:16 pm »
I tried it during beta, and it wasn't bad. Very much like Ingress as it's using the same landmarks. The full release seems a little more polished, but there's not much to the game, personally other than just waiting for a pokemon to show up while you're walking around. Then you get to look like the weirdo who's playing on their phone in a random area while you throw pokeballs at a rattata.

Haha, but definitely give it a try. I was super into it for a few days but the novelty wore off pretty quickly.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 11:58:10 pm »
Wow, kinda stinks that's its running poorly. The beta had a number of problems with updates and certain spots not activating, but it seems like the official servers are overloaded right now to enjoy some of the improved features.
Still wishing more pokemon would pop out.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 01:28:38 am »
My phone is too old to do it :( . my friend is enjoying it though. i can see us driving around already looking for pokemon
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 08:16:52 am »
Still says not available in my country.  (US)

azure

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 08:49:45 am »

If you have Android, try the Google Play store in your browser. That is where I downloaded it.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 08:57:16 am »

If you have Android, try the Google Play store in your browser. That is where I downloaded it.
Yeah, I clicked a link to it in firefox and I saw that I could click download (on my computer) and my phone started installing it.

That's kind of dumb.  Anyway, where I work there are about 20 pokestops within a few minutes walking distance.  2 Gyms too, one is unclaimed.

azure

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 09:10:27 am »

Yeah, I clicked a link to it in firefox and I saw that I could click download (on my computer) and my phone started installing it.

That's kind of dumb.  Anyway, where I work there are about 20 pokestops within a few minutes walking distance.  2 Gyms too, one is unclaimed.

Game Freak's been trying to get us active since the Pokewalker days. I only got as far as getting my starter (Squirtle) last night before the server went down for a bit.

rayne315

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 09:35:28 am »
well the pokemon deffinately seem to congregate away from marked roads. where I work the drive going up to it the building and all the parking lots do not show up in the in game map and... ive came across ~20 pokemon on the walk from my car to my desk... but only 5 kinds.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 12:52:37 pm »
"Your device is not compatible with this version" well f**k me sideways

karyann

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 12:56:31 pm »
The overwhelming demand is causing a lot of server issues, which is why the game sometimes freezes (it's waiting for an answer that will never come). Hopefulyl that's going to be fixed when the novelty wears off and the casuals walk away for a bit  :)

I've been having fun for now, but the connection issues are indeed annoying. But I'm having a lot of fun!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 12:58:20 pm »
The overwhelming demand is causing a lot of server issues, which is why the game sometimes freezes (it's waiting for an answer that will never come). Hopefulyl that's going to be fixed when the novelty wears off and the casuals walk away for a bit  :)

I've been having fun for now, but the connection issues are indeed annoying. But I'm having a lot of fun!
yup