Author Topic: Handful of Games and Video Game Perler Bead Art For Sale [UPDATED]  (Read 1831 times)

I'd prefer selling more things together, rather than piecemeal it all out, so the more you buy, at least 3 items, the more I'll take off in savings.  Of course there is shipping to be added. handful

Mario Kart DS - $8
DBZ: Extreme Butoden 3DS - $10
Tetris DS - $10
Diddy Kong Racing DS - $5
New Super Mario Bros DS - $8
Pokemon Ruby GBA (Double checked for legitimacy) - $10
http://i.imgur.com/hKDaecs.jpg

COD: Black Ops 3 PS4 Sealed - $25
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning PS2 - $8
Wii Play - Free with any Wii U Game
Assassin's Creed IV Wii U - $10
Sonic All-Stars Transformed Wii U - $10
Super Mario 3D World Wii U - $10
Asura's Wrath - $5
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide - $10
http://i.imgur.com/xPaeUM0.jpg

Mega Man Legacy Collection PS4 - $20
http://i.imgur.com/vV23vho.jpg

Gameboy Player (No Disc) - $10
http://i.imgur.com/EcTbK1J.jpg

Namco Museum Vol 3 PS1
Grand Theft Auto PS1
Road & Track The Need for Speed PS1
WCW vs The World PS1
All Games together for $15
http://i.imgur.com/Ik95cgq.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something I showed off a good while back on here, was that I was doing perler bead art.  Since then I've done a whole ton of really large and medium sized ones, but to kinda keep fueling new projects, and with how much space I take up, I try to sell certain ones off every so often.  Sometimes I do it locally with a game shop, but I'm looking to sell a few online and this place tends to be trustworthy for dealing with folks lol Below I'll link to my Deviant Art to show off the ones I'm selling.

I am also looking to do commissions as I've done a couple of these and trade before.  While I am looking to make some extra cash for this, I might be interested in doing trades if you have something I really want, as I do have a Legend of Zelda focus going right now, which can include figures and other things. I can't do every sprite or item requested, due to color limitations, time, or complexity, but I'll work that out ahead of time.

Larger pieces do cost more to ship, upwards of 10 to 20 bucks due to packaging and shipping costs (Primarily for Mega Man X right now), so I'm keeping that in mind with pricing. Buying more than one will save on shipping costs and shave off a few bucks.

Mega Man X - 10,500 Beads - 35" Tall - $85 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Man-X-Perler-Bead-611645744
Rainbow Mika - 3500 Beads - 22" Tall - $30 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Rainbow-Mika-Perler-Bead-590076194
Overwatch Tracer - 1000 Beads - $8 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-Tracer-Perler-Beads-603633675
Overwatch Mercy - 2000 Beads - $16 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-Mercy-Perler-Bead-605896044
Overwatch Phara - 2000 Beads - $16 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-Pharah-Perler-Beads-607858616
Overwatch Symmetra - 1000 Beads - $8 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-Symmetra-Perler-Bead-614163376
Overwatch Widowmaker - 2000 Beads - $16 + Shipping - http://kamikazekeeg.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-Widowmaker-Perler-Bead-605714752
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:02:18 am by kamikazekeeg »

Re: Handful of Games For Sale and Video Game Perler Bead Art For Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:42:42 pm »
Sent you a message for Super Mario 3D World and Tetris DS.

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

necrosexual

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:15:54 pm »
just wanted to say it's refreshing to see someone on devart NOT underselling their stuff by a huge margin.
it's a huge problem there for us digital artists (seriously... 5+ hr full colour prints going for like $25...) so it's refreshing as hell to see someone not like
"oh it's 20 in tall but ye $5 will do lmao"

i have interest in a couple of the games but i'm broke... i lit just paid my rent 2 hrs ago, so until my next cheque...
good luck, but i mainly just wanted to say good job not underselling your stuff.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:10 am »
just wanted to say it's refreshing to see someone on devart NOT underselling their stuff by a huge margin.
it's a huge problem there for us digital artists (seriously... 5+ hr full colour prints going for like $25...) so it's refreshing as hell to see someone not like

i have interest in a couple of the games but i'm broke... i lit just paid my rent 2 hrs ago, so until my next cheque...
good luck, but i mainly just wanted to say good job not underselling your stuff.

This kind of stuff can be so time consuming, I couldn't see getting rid of them for less with just the material and time spent.  Like even the smaller Overwatch ones generally take a few hours to make.  I worked out a basic price of time/material per 1000 beads, so everything is pretty consistent and worth my time.  I probably do slightly undersell compared to more professional types, like those who do conventions, but it's not exactly a science since most people aren't selling the bigger ones usually.  Lots of smaller, quicker to make, ones.  Though I did hear about someone selling the DVA Overwatch Sprite I'll be making soon at a convention for like 95 bucks, and it's half the size of the Mega Man I'm selling, so I don't know lol As long as I'm making money to buy more beads and have a little extra, I'm mostly cool with it.

I do know what you mean though.  Some people turn into like laser printers, selling digital art pieces for nothing, pumping out a bunch in a week, but then you tend to find those artists burning out pretty hard.  I imagine eventually that'll have to change.

necrosexual

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 12:40:28 am »

This kind of stuff can be so time consuming, I couldn't see getting rid of them for less with just the material and time spent.  Like even the smaller Overwatch ones generally take a few hours to make.  I worked out a basic price of time/material per 1000 beads, so everything is pretty consistent and worth my time.  I probably do slightly undersell compared to more professional types, like those who do conventions, but it's not exactly a science since most people aren't selling the bigger ones usually.  Lots of smaller, quicker to make, ones.  Though I did hear about someone selling the DVA Overwatch Sprite I'll be making soon at a convention for like 95 bucks, and it's half the size of the Mega Man I'm selling, so I don't know lol As long as I'm making money to buy more beads and have a little extra, I'm mostly cool with it.

I do know what you mean though.  Some people turn into like laser printers, selling digital art pieces for nothing, pumping out a bunch in a week, but then you tend to find those artists burning out pretty hard.  I imagine eventually that'll have to change.

deviantart has been massively underselling for... for a long time. the prices have gone down some, yes, but finding entirely done (sketch, ink, colour, photoshop edits) drawings for $20 has been 'a thing' on the site since i was a younger teen... at least a decade now. worse, some people undershooting are traditional artists. yikes.
it's a shame, because the economy bottomed out and i don't see it ever recovering. worse, still, people draw for the points, which for a while couldn't be converted to real currency... it was a real mess.
even i hopped on, selling a chibi commish for $15... it took 8 hours (high detailed, sketch/line/colour). so basically, 1.90$ an hour. (comparatively, i had done a ~60 hr piece one time, and was offered ~$1k for it, or $16/hr, irl)

honestly, if i ever went back to that market, it'd be a sketch for $20. that takes about an hour or two.

as for other people's prices, commission prices are notoriously higher than commish prices because they have to pay for the table and such, and honestly, if you feel it's fair vs your demand vs hours worked, then it's a good price.
but a lot of digital artists know they're being scammed out of their hard work, but the economy is such that "oh, you won't do it for crumb pay? then whatever, i'll find someone who will"
i guess it helps you're doing niche work, not a flooded market like digital art. the mentality of 'work for free til you make it' is there, too, it's just really, really oversaturated and flooded and bad. people willingly work for third world country labour costs and it's just godawful. i don't see it ever turning around. on the flip side, oddly enough, furaffinity's prices are way higher, and when people try to 'break' the economy there, they get shouted at.

just for the explanation on what made the economy bottom out there. it's vvvv nuanced (the points system, a flooded and oversaturated market, expected prices bottomed out and so on) and i'm probably missing some details (i didn't go into that site patreon, which has helped a lot of artists out), but yeah.
as long as you don't fall in the trap and adjust as your demand goes up if it does, you should be good as gold man. it's just nice to see 'deviantart' and 'decent wages' in the same post for once haha. those beads aren't too expensive from what i saw online, at least, tho i don't know the hours you put into it.

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:12 am »
those beads aren't too expensive from what i saw online, at least, tho i don't know the hours you put into it.

Without deals, beads are roughly 3 bucks for every 1k bag, then add in masking tape and parchment paper, and time spent, I personally work it out to roughly around $8 per 1,000 beads.  For every time I hit 5k beads in size, I add a straight up $10 bucks to the price because that takes a good bit longer to iron and is generally more time consuming to deal with the larger you go.

It's a good bit below a per hour wage if working it out like that, but I'm not really treating this is a line of work.  I have thought about trying conventions sometime, which would probably raise prices just because it would require a very large time investment to get a whole bunch of things made and involves all the other costs.

indenton

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 09:55:22 am »
<-- Look at dear Peacock over here!!

i guess it helps you're doing niche work, not a flooded market like digital art. the mentality of 'work for free til you make it' is there, too, it's just really, really oversaturated and flooded and bad. people willingly work for third world country labour costs and it's just godawful. i don't see it ever turning around. on the flip side, oddly enough, furaffinity's prices are way higher, and when people try to 'break' the economy there, they get shouted at.

Ouch! Right in the talent, yeah if anyone hadn't noticed, I'm an artist too working on DeviantArt as well.  Granted I'm not getting anywhere near enough traffic or attention to try making any money from it, guess it's nice just to build up a portfolio

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »
Tetris DS, Pokemon Ruby, and Super Mario 3D World are marked off for now.

I'm also adding a recently finished Mega Man Legacy Collection on the PS4 for $20.

necrosexual

Re: Handful of Games and Video Game Perler Bead Art For Sale [UPDATED]
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 09:24:34 pm »
<-- Look at dear Peacock over here!!

Ouch! Right in the talent, yeah if anyone hadn't noticed, I'm an artist too working on DeviantArt as well.  Granted I'm not getting anywhere near enough traffic or attention to try making any money from it, guess it's nice just to build up a portfolio

it sucks but it's reality.
my drawings aren't that fantastic (profile pic is a little sketch i did one night in prolly 20 minutes, but it's an example of my work vs the prices i mentioned) but devart is really awful for those who draw and want to make cash. one digital artist i knew of just moved almost solely to FA because of dA's cheap-ass buyers. he does much better there, selling out within a day or two when he opens up, whereas dA is kinda crickets.
i didn't mean to offend by any of that tho, sorry

indenton

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 09:53:07 pm »
it sucks but it's reality.
my drawings aren't that fantastic (profile pic is a little sketch i did one night in prolly 20 minutes, but it's an example of my work vs the prices i mentioned) but devart is really awful for those who draw and want to make cash. one digital artist i knew of just moved almost solely to FA because of dA's cheap-ass buyers. he does much better there, selling out within a day or two when he opens up, whereas dA is kinda crickets.
i didn't mean to offend by any of that tho, sorry

Nah , it's cool! I'm just using as a portfolio and artistic development. 

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 04:03:37 am »
Mega Man Legacy Collection, the Gameboy Player, and Mario Kart DS removed from the list.  Will have this stuff up for abit longer before removing it as I'm just gonna end up taking whats left to a game store for trade credit.