Author Topic: What console do you collect the most for?  (Read 3080 times)

What console do you collect the most for?
« on: July 09, 2016, 05:24:32 pm »
Do you ever focus on one console for a while and then switch to another or do you just get random depending on what you want at the time?  :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What console do you collect the most for?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 06:30:54 pm »
I just get what I think looks fun to play. I do tend to lean towards Nintendo and PlayStation more than the others. But I'm not intentionally doing it, I just have found more games for those systems that I want to play.

anagar

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »
I do both when I order online I tend to get games for one console but in stores I just buy whatever.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 06:50:54 pm »
Do you ever focus on one console for a while and then switch to another or do you just get random depending on what you want at the time?  :D

Top priority- Import Sega Saturn, and PC Engine CD games
Second priority- PS4, and PS2 games.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 07:09:52 pm »
... and PC Engine CD games...

I gotta spring for one of those one of these days.  There was a couple or gorgeous ones at the Portland Retro Expo but... I just couldn't throw the money at one.  (had a great R and an RX)  I want a Shuttle (I know, no CD) just for the goofy controller.  Haven't seen one in person.

I buy whatever looks neat, but I'm generally drawn to buy more TG-16, Game Gear and Lynx... just 'cause I find them neat.  Also Vectrex, but... they're rarely priced well.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 07:16:26 pm »
im pretty focused on nes right now but ill buy almost anything i havent seen in the wild before. and im prone to buy anything cheap no matter wich system its for.but yes im trying to buy for nes mostly.

shepard11

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:40 pm »
Right now PS2 has the most games I keep running into lots at yard sales this summer. Then I would say my xbox 360 and Sega Dreamcast game numbers are close to that one. Honestly I usually stick to my budget a week and whatever my local haunt has in stock is what I get. I prefer Dreamcast over all else (thanks to my ex...another story for another day). But last week I ended up buying a few SNES a few n64 and a box of Gameboy games.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »
Right now I mostly focus on the Original Xbox for two reasons. Mainly it's because I'm so close to finishing it off, but it's also because the Xbox was the first console I ever bought with my own money. The only other games I try to keep an eye out for are Playstation 3 games, but that's mostly because my collection is fairly unbalanced from last gen. I'd like at least another 100 PS3 games to balance out the 360 games.

167 games left in my wishlist to complete the original Xbox collection minus reprints(i.e. Platinum Hits, I hate reprints).

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 08:50:16 pm »
im pretty focused on nes right now but ill buy almost anything i havent seen in the wild before. and im prone to buy anything cheap no matter wich system its for.but yes im trying to buy for nes mostly.
With 8000 items in your database, how is it that you don't have them all already? lol

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

soera

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 09:30:09 pm »
I have a pretty focused collection. I went all out on my SMS and finished it. I spent a lot of time on the NES and now I have 730 or so titles on it. Now Im specifically PS4 and about to hit 200 titles on it.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 12:37:01 am »
Right now I'd say I'm mostly focused on collecting for PS3, PS1, and DS, in that order. However, my prioritization of specific consoles has changed over time. If you would have asked me several years ago, Dreamcast and PS2 were both my number one collecting priorities and the consoles I would have collected the most for.

In terms of amount of games, Playstation consoles dominate my collection by volume; between all four PS consoles, they make up probably close to hald of all the games I own which is at 1805 right now.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 08:41:08 am »
I wanna say we had this topic fairly recently.

SNES/N64 is always my top priority, but with how cheap PS2 games have been, it has just coincidentally become up there in my collection.  PS3 and 360 are working in that direction as well.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 11:22:24 am »

[/quote]
With 8000 items in your database, how is it that you don't have them all already? lol
[/quote]well i only buy games i find in the wild so it takes a long time to complete a set only set im really close to completing is my n64 only 7 more to go.

kashell

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 01:12:08 pm »
I wanna say we had this topic fairly recently.

SNES/N64 is always my top priority, but with how cheap PS2 games have been, it has just coincidentally become up there in my collection.  PS3 and 360 are working in that direction as well.

I think we did.

I usually go towards PS2 games since that's my favorite system.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 02:18:44 pm »
I'm constantly looking for CIB Snes, but those not being always available at reasonable price, my PS3 got more attention lately.