Author Topic: Retro City Rampage DX PS4 physical copies being re-released by Vblank.com!  (Read 2391 times)

aliensstudios

Retro City Rampage DX, one of the most illusive (and expensive) PlayStation 4 physical titles is being re-released due to popular demand, you can check the link out here: http://vblank.com/20160719.php#retail. The orders go up Friday for anyone interested on this page: http://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com

Apparently, the PS4 version is getting new cover artwork as well as new disc artwork to separate it from the original print run of 2000 copies. It sounds like there are 3000 copies going up for sale which still means the print run is relatively low. It also comes with a physical box (no disc) for a PSP version of the game and a download for Retro City Rampage on the PSP (in 2016, really?) which is pretty cool too.
As someone who owns a copy of the original print, I don't know how happy this makes me because it will decrease the overall value of it, but hey, at least Vblank listens to its fans. Just thought some of you might be interested, especially if you missed out on this one the first time around.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

desocietas

I heard about this game the first time around but didn't pay it any mind, but I love the PSP box addition. Will definitely be trying to add these items to my collection on Friday.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

As someone who owns a copy of the original print, I don't know how happy this makes me because it will decrease the overall value of it, but hey, at least Vblank listens to its fans. Just thought some of you might be interested, especially if you missed out on this one the first time around.

I wouldn't worry too hard about it. This re-print is getting different cover and disc art. You're first run will hold its value.

I'm pondering it, but I don't really care for the game, and I already own it on Steam, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, and Vita.  Shit, I even have the MS-DOS version from Humble Bundle.

rayne315

This time around, it will have an open print run to ensure that fans won't miss their chance again, for foreseeable future. To reward the dedicated fans and collectors who pre-order it right away though, the first 3,000 copies boast a gold cover variant and special bonuses!

The first 3,000 copies are individually numbered and will include:
•a PS4 retail version with a gold logo cover variant

•a PSP display case & manual

•Digital copies for PC, Mac, Linux & MS-DOS
(Steam Key)

pulled off of the original article site. this will be an open print run so you will be able to get one regardless but the first 3000 will have the golden title, be individually numbered, and come with the stuff mentioned above.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

This time around, it will have an open print run to ensure that fans won't miss their chance again, for foreseeable future. To reward the dedicated fans and collectors who pre-order it right away though, the first 3,000 copies boast a gold cover variant and special bonuses!

The first 3,000 copies are individually numbered and will include:
•a PS4 retail version with a gold logo cover variant

•a PSP display case & manual

•Digital copies for PC, Mac, Linux & MS-DOS
(Steam Key)

pulled off of the original article site. this will be an open print run so you will be able to get one regardless but the first 3000 will have the golden title, be individually numbered, and come with the stuff mentioned above.

ah, that's good to know; thanks for that :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

fazerco

PRO Supporter

nvm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:48:23 pm by fazerco »

rayne315

btw this releases at 10am PT today (12 Central standard time)

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

maximo310

It's live! Just got my copy ordered!

Edit: Order # was 2008, don't know if that corresponds to the actual # on the PS4 copy or not.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:34:45 pm by maximo310 »

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Got one too, thanks for the heads up.   I was order #2360 so there are a few left as of this post!

desocietas

I got caught up with work and probably missed out on the free portable digital version, but my order was #2390. Hoping that means I was in the first 3000 at least.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

Edit: Order # was 2008, don't know if that corresponds to the actual # on the PS4 copy or not.

im not sure. I just put my order in and I got 2449 so im hopping it started at 2000 and we all got the digital copy so we don't have to open it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:39:45 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

im not sure. I just put my order in and I got 2449 so im hopping it started at 2000 and we all got the digital copy so we don't have to open it.

That'd be nice. Hoping that it started as 2001 to indicate the second print  ::)

This makes me hopeful:
https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/756541834558631937
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:52:12 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

My order number was #1962  :o

turf

PRO Supporter

#2133 here.  I'm pumped on this one