Author Topic: Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017 (Sonic Generations 2) revealed.  (Read 2289 times)

A new Sonic game in the pixel art style of the classic Genesis games called Sonic Mania.

Coming Holiday 2017, is the new Project Sonic 2017, which is clearly just Sonic Generations 2.

Overall it's kinda what I was expecting and slightly hoping for as I've thought for awhile all they had to do was take what they did with Generations and just make a brand new story and levels in that rather than some whole brand new experience.

Sidenote, that was the worst stream I've seen in a long time lol Audio and visual issues from start to finish, it was a mess.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:54:38 am by kamikazekeeg »

sin2beta

Re: Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017 (Sonic Generations 2) revealed.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:23:52 am »
This is pretty much exactly what I wanted. Sonic mania looks great. Not able to see much of the other game. But it does seem obvious that it is Sonic Generations 2. And that is perfectly alright with me. Sonic Generations is one of my favorites from the last gen. I also like the PC support for both. I do find it interesting that the NX is only for generations and not mania as of now.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

argyle

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:29:02 pm »
I think posting this is required by law. ;)

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »
As long as it's on par with Generations and of what I heard of Colors, it'll probably be fine lol

argyle

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 05:37:51 pm »
As long as it's on par with Generations and of what I heard of Colors, it'll probably be fine lol

I know, and I really enjoyed Generations myself. But the law's the law. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

azure

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 06:09:37 pm »
Christian Whitehead did a fantastic job with remastering the old Sonic titles, CD especially so I have some good hope for Mania. Not holding my breath on whatever 2017 is going to be.

indenton

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 11:38:55 am »
Sonic Mania looks pretty cool I guess, nice to see that Tails and Knuckles are getting some attention too.  This 2017 one though they set it up as if he was teaming up with one of the other characters.  But are we really going with classic sonic as a standalone character now.  Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, but instead they're going with... another Sonic. 

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 05:44:02 pm »
Sonic Mania looks pretty cool I guess, nice to see that Tails and Knuckles are getting some attention too.  This 2017 one though they set it up as if he was teaming up with one of the other characters.  But are we really going with classic sonic as a standalone character now.  Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, but instead they're going with... another Sonic.

Yeah I think that's the only downside of the tease.  Sonic has a lot of characters, characters from the comics, or making someone new, but bringing it back to the two Sonics is abit weak.  It worked with what Generations was trying to accomplish, but if this is a new story, they should've had someone else.  There could be more coming up, but I feel like they could just as much add more Sonics lol

kashell

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:12 am »
I think posting this is required by law. ;)

That is...pretty hilarious. I like having a good laugh on a Monday morning.

spac316

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 02:27:28 am »
I'm fairly optimistic about these games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 11:35:28 am »
Sonic Mania looks great because it looks like a long-lost Genesis game. And really, that's what most people want.

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 11:52:21 am »
I am very excited about this game, however I wish that they could get a 3D Sonic right. Hasn't been done in years.

davifus

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »
every time i see a new sonic game.

"It's better than nothing."

[mighty#9plz]
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:25:04 pm by ignition365 »

azure

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 12:31:21 pm »
Sonic Mania CE
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01LVZ7YXP/

That looks pretty sweet, didn't expect to get a collectors edition.