Author Topic: Stop waiting for a new 2D Metroid? Ori has you covered.  (Read 2426 times)

gf78

Re: Stop waiting for a new 2D Metroid? Ori has you covered.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 09:21:27 am »
Oh don't get me wrong, there a ton of great exclusives to make an Xbox One a fine video game purchase in terms of hours of entertainment to be had for years to come. It's just sad from a video game collectors standpoint. It's the end of an age. Our Consoles are going the route of the smartphone. You just toss it away when you feel you need a new one. There are upsides to this of course but it's the beginning of the end of game collecting as we know it. And that just makes me a bit bummed.

From my own collector's standpoint, it is a bummer.  But everything right now is just up in the air.  There are no definitive answers and nowhere that I look do I see people asking the head honchos at Microsoft or Sony the right questions.  Asking how they plan to support legacy games.

The most hope I have is from a statement Phil "I'm constipated" Spencer made.  He was talking about Project Scorpio and future consoles down the line still running the old software.  I don't remember the exact quote, but he said basically that you will be able to play the newest games.  If you want to fire up legacy software like Doom or Quake, you can do that too.  So that kinda gives me a spark of hope that the new methods they are employing will allow older software to continue to function on newer hardware.

As for the slow death of physical media?  It makes me sad.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 07:11:56 am »
Ori and the Blind Forest is an awesome game man, had so much fun playing it! I'd say the best aspect of the game for me has to be the music.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 11:23:17 am »
Ori and the Blind Forest is an awesome game man, had so much fun playing it! I'd say the best aspect of the game for me has to be the music.

Agreed. The music and art just pull you in.

Child of Light was the same. Great music and art. Good story. Great Metriod style gameplay.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 08:18:45 pm »
Added a small update. I've beaten the game and my review still stands. If you have an Xbox One you don't want to let this one pass you by.

telly

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »
I can't wait to play it! If only my brother would let me use the XBox one :( He claimed it when he went to college.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 03:30:52 am »
I can't wait to play it! If only my brother would let me use the XBox one :( He claimed it when he went to college.

I still have yet to use my PS4 since we opened it on Christmas (but my son plays it a fair amount).

Finishing Alan Wake now.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 01:58:37 pm »

I still have yet to use my PS4 since we opened it on Christmas (but my son plays it a fair amount).

Finishing Alan Wake now.

[Insert Fanboy, anti-Microsoft quote]