Author Topic: Favorite Tim Burton Movie?  (Read 3202 times)

pzeke

Re: Favorite Tim Burton Movie?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 07:36:02 pm »
I reckon this thread has been dead for 3 years now, but it piqued my interest, so I’m using a Phoenix Down.

I have a love-hate relationship with Tim Burton, but I like most of his movies. Alice in Wonderland was the last movie of his I saw, and I can’t stand Planet of the Apes.

My favorite movies by Burton would be Batman, Batman Returns, Beettlejuice, Mars Attacks!, and The Nightmare before Christmas. Pee-wee’s Big Adventure is great as well. I don’t like romantic movies, but Edward Scissorhands is a guilty pleasure for me. I also really, really like 9.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 10:24:34 am »
Holy necrothread, Batman!
As stated in Altered Beast, “Wise fwom your gwave!”

I have to go with:
Batman
Ed Wood
Beetlejuice
Sweeney Todd
I’m surprised by the lack of love for Corpse Bride. I like it much more than Nightmare Before Christmas.

Conversely, Alice in Wonderland and Planet of the Apes were horrible, horrible movies.

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 08:22:18 pm »
I’m gonna have to go with Beetlejuice on this one.

ferraroso

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 12:22:44 am »
Man... even though I don't like his newer projects, he has direct some movies that I really enjoy such as Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and Batman, but I have to say that my favorite has to be Mars Attacks!. Man, how fun that movie was! You just don't see that kind of movie being made anymore...

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 07:51:45 am »
So, what are we considering Tim Burton movies, because I've got to be that guy and point out that he did not direct The Nightmare Before Christmas.  It wouldn't be my choice regardless, but I feel it bears mentioning.

What's great about Burton's output is that if you look at all of his early work (aside from Batman) - none of that would get made today.  It's all too utterly bizarre and macabre, and I love it.  Like what producer was so high that when they heard the pitch for Pee-Wee or Beetlejuice they said "Yes!  Let's make that movie!"?  It would never fly in today's market.

Tally me up for another Beetlejuice vote, Mr. Tallyman.

Though Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and Edward Scissorhands are close behind.  And shoutout to Big Fish which is also pretty incredible.