Author Topic: What kind of car do you drive/ Dream car?  (Read 3621 times)

necrosexual

Re: What kind of car do you drive/ Dream car?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 11:13:21 pm »
i drive a 1994 honda del sol! a lot of people have complimented my car, and mechanics LOVE driving it, they dig my little beater car, man. every time. except one asshole, who found it fun to remind me that the reason you don't see them often is because most have been crushed for scrap... joke's on him, there are about 7 of us in my city (3 of us have white, me included, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 black and i think a red one). ngl, it's a little death trap tho (no airbags for the driver, for one) and it looks like trash (it's seen some rough days), and i'm pretty sure i can list a handful of ways to die in it (other drivers DO NOT see my car, there's no horn but it does go VROOM VROOM when i tap the accelerator so they know when they cut me off LOL, there's no airbags and there's no AC unit at all) but you know, i fucking dig my car. i paid cash for this bitch, it's all mine.

i think my dream was a '93 mazda rx-7. these days, i've really fallen in love with my del sol, tho, so really, if this car shits the bed, i'll kick the engine out and replace it and the clutch and keep on driving it. i like that it's small, with a big trunk and bigger dreams and, tbh, the front of it looks kinda like a shark, idk, it's a cute but badass car.

also, clearly, i like 90s models cars LOL.

I think you are the trans version of me. I miss both my del sol and my RX-7. As far as my own answer :

Right now I have a 99 Jetta (which is my pizza delivery vehicle), a 2012 Forester (family vehicle) and a 99 Harley (my bitch). If I could have any car, right now it would be a Lotus Elise. That thing is sex on wheels.

pizza delivery dopplegangers -high five-
what happened with your del sol and rx-7?

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 07:30:02 am »
I drive 2005 Volvo S60 T5 260hp, and my dream car is 2016 Subaru Impreza WRX STI.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 09:25:36 am »
what's the appeal of these big cars, to people who like them? i'm genuinely curious here, because i see them on the road every damn day and wonder but it'd be a little weird to walk up to someone and ask them why they have an SUV... esp when they drive it solo 99% of the time. boggles my mind. boggles my mind even more to see people who have them listed as dream cars! o:

i'm kinda actually asking anyone who has a truck/suv down as their dream car, but still. what is this magic about extra space that it feels a requirement to some people, when most times, your max cargo will be a kid or two and some groceries? o:

I'm they guy to answer your question. 

I learned to drive and my first car was a 1988 Ford Bronco.  None of that Bronco II stuff.  This was a full size, 351 Cleveland, 4x4, 2 door beast.  I loved that truck. 

Keep in mind I live in rural Arkansas.  4WD is a way of life.  I also tend to haul a bunch of shit in the back of my truck.  It may not be every day, but there's no bigger hassle than trying to find help hauling shit.  This way I can just do it myself.  If there's more that needs to be moved, I have a 16' trailer that my lovely Ford will pull. 

Now, I do have a 7 year old sidekick that is with me every step of the way.  Hence the need for the 4door. 
I've had cars, trucks, SUVs.  Trucks just fit my lifestyle the best.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 10:06:21 am »
My want for a truck has to do with being more comfortable with driving off of roads (Too frequently I'm having to drive in grass or rocks to get where I need to go and I don't like doing that with my car) and because way too often do I wind up at a yard sale or a thrift store and want something, but there is no way it would fit in my car.  I've passed on more than one arcade cab because of this.

I've been telling my wife for a while that I want a truck.  She even showed me a Tacoma with a little under 100k miles for $4k.  I consider it because $4k aint much, but I'd be too considered something is horribly wrong with it.  But I've always loved the Toyota and Nissan trucks, they just look so pretty to me.  I also like vehicles that have big loud and angry engines, hence my list composing of mostly muscle cars.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 10:08:17 am »
Currently I drive a 08 jeep grand Cherokee. Dream car is a small truck. I miss the Danger Ranger

soera

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 10:54:52 am »
i drive a 1994 honda del sol! a lot of people have complimented my car, and mechanics LOVE driving it, they dig my little beater car, man. every time. except one asshole, who found it fun to remind me that the reason you don't see them often is because most have been crushed for scrap... joke's on him, there are about 7 of us in my city (3 of us have white, me included, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 black and i think a red one). ngl, it's a little death trap tho (no airbags for the driver, for one) and it looks like trash (it's seen some rough days), and i'm pretty sure i can list a handful of ways to die in it (other drivers DO NOT see my car, there's no horn but it does go VROOM VROOM when i tap the accelerator so they know when they cut me off LOL, there's no airbags and there's no AC unit at all) but you know, i fucking dig my car. i paid cash for this bitch, it's all mine.

i think my dream was a '93 mazda rx-7. these days, i've really fallen in love with my del sol, tho, so really, if this car shits the bed, i'll kick the engine out and replace it and the clutch and keep on driving it. i like that it's small, with a big trunk and bigger dreams and, tbh, the front of it looks kinda like a shark, idk, it's a cute but badass car.

I think you are the trans version of me. I miss both my del sol and my RX-7. As far as my own answer :

Right now I have a 99 Jetta (which is my pizza delivery vehicle), a 2012 Forester (family vehicle) and a 99 Harley (my bitch). If I could have any car, right now it would be a Lotus Elise. That thing is sex on wheels.

Del sol : My ex wrecked it. RX-7 : My mom decided to give it to my sister when I was in Arizona and took in her worthless Dodge shadow for me to drive ... I was so mad. That RX-7 drove like a champ. The shadow lasted all of 2 months before the motor blew.

ffxik

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 08:55:21 pm »
What I drive.....

What I wish I drove.

telly

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 09:35:52 am »
Right now I drive a 2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ

I would love to have a blue Subaru Impreza WRX
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 10:12:43 am »
2007 BMW E92 in red. More or less my affordable dream car.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:26:23 pm by blurks »

necrosexual

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 02:38:37 pm »
what's the appeal of these big cars, to people who like them? i'm genuinely curious here, because i see them on the road every damn day and wonder but it'd be a little weird to walk up to someone and ask them why they have an SUV... esp when they drive it solo 99% of the time. boggles my mind. boggles my mind even more to see people who have them listed as dream cars! o:

i'm kinda actually asking anyone who has a truck/suv down as their dream car, but still. what is this magic about extra space that it feels a requirement to some people, when most times, your max cargo will be a kid or two and some groceries? o:

I'm they guy to answer your question. 

I learned to drive and my first car was a 1988 Ford Bronco.  None of that Bronco II stuff.  This was a full size, 351 Cleveland, 4x4, 2 door beast.  I loved that truck. 

Keep in mind I live in rural Arkansas.  4WD is a way of life.  I also tend to haul a bunch of shit in the back of my truck.  It may not be every day, but there's no bigger hassle than trying to find help hauling shit.  This way I can just do it myself.  If there's more that needs to be moved, I have a 16' trailer that my lovely Ford will pull. 

Now, I do have a 7 year old sidekick that is with me every step of the way.  Hence the need for the 4door. 
I've had cars, trucks, SUVs.  Trucks just fit my lifestyle the best.
my first was a toyota tundra and never, ever again. too much for me. i like the convenience of parking and squeezing into small areas in my del sol heheh.

i WILL agree that it's a motherfucking hassle to find people to help haul shit when you need it. i've only needed it once... for 10 minutes, too, when i was moving my 48" tv. doesn't fit into the del sol trunk due to the targa top support bracer (http://www.darrylsgarage.com/delsol/thusdelsol57.jpg ignore the arrow, it's the big black bars)... even my roommate was too lazy to help. ;I fortunately, he just let me use his crx that day, but i will say that driving that bitch with a chain clutch was awkward as hell after being used to hydraulic.
my general manager offered to help, tho, he had a catering van (got rid of it for a slick volvo tho) so i may just be bitching for the sake of bitching ;I
first time ever i wished i had a four-door to help me move some of my shit. the tv fit in the back of my taurus fine.

My want for a truck has to do with being more comfortable with driving off of roads (Too frequently I'm having to drive in grass or rocks to get where I need to go and I don't like doing that with my car) and because way too often do I wind up at a yard sale or a thrift store and want something, but there is no way it would fit in my car.  I've passed on more than one arcade cab because of this.

I've been telling my wife for a while that I want a truck.  She even showed me a Tacoma with a little under 100k miles for $4k.  I consider it because $4k aint much, but I'd be too considered something is horribly wrong with it.  But I've always loved the Toyota and Nissan trucks, they just look so pretty to me.  I also like vehicles that have big loud and angry engines, hence my list composing of mostly muscle cars.

oh, yeah, my del sol, i just park it on the side of the road. people might hit and run, but i don't feel comfy driving it all over shitty pot-hole infested dirt roads. ;I
hasn't happened yet tho so knock on woodvita i guess.

Del sol : My ex wrecked it. RX-7 : My mom decided to give it to my sister when I was in Arizona and took in her worthless Dodge shadow for me to drive ... I was so mad. That RX-7 drove like a champ. The shadow lasted all of 2 months before the motor blew.

yeowch. that sucks. your sister drive it into the ground or what?

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

madmax

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 06:00:05 pm »
Currently carless :( My last car was a 2006 Mazda Miata, that car was loads of fun. I'm probably gonna get a crap box next to save a little money. Eventually I want to get an older Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD Convertible. One of the few affordable sports cars that comes in a manual, AWD, and convertible. Excellent for winters and summers.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 01:39:35 am »
For the last 3 years I've been driving a leased 2014 Chevy Volt (base model).

Within the next couple of months I'm looking to upgrade it to an all-frills 2017 Chevy Volt I lease or own.

My wife has a 2013 Nissan Leaf SV that's bought and paid for. We got it used for $11,000 with 16,000 miles. It actually turns out to be her dream car. That said her wants were simple. Air conditioning, working radio, pairs with the phone for hands free operation, built-in navigation.