Author Topic: My HeartGold Nuzlocke  (Read 659 times)

My HeartGold Nuzlocke
« on: August 02, 2016, 09:53:55 am »
So recently I decided to do a Nuzlocke challenge and see what people mean when they say its tougher and you get more attatched to your Pokemon. I've hit that moment. I just caught me a Scyther from the bug contest which is awesome cuz he's one of my all time favorites. Problem is I have a decent Ariados that was one of my first pokemon and the fact I speant three hours grinding out the last levels to evolve her. Question is which one should I make my main bug?

azure

Re: My HeartGold Nuzlocke
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 10:44:07 am »
Scyther is hands down the better Pokemon and choice, stat and movepool wise. The point of a Nuzlocke is to use whatever Pokemon you get from the luck of the draw, this way your forced to use lesser Pokemon sometimes, to see if you can make it through. It's also an incentive to use a Pokemon you normally wouldn't in a playthrough. I say stick with your Ariados for the sake of the Nuzlocke, but Scyther is the better choice.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:54:07 am »
I've been thinking about playing through the pokemon games again, maybe I'll do this.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 11:19:54 am »
Scyther is hands down the better Pokemon and choice, stat and movepool wise. The point of a Nuzlocke is to use whatever Pokemon you get from the luck of the draw, this way your forced to use lesser Pokemon sometimes, to see if you can make it through. It's also an incentive to use a Pokemon you normally wouldn't in a playthrough. I say stick with your Ariados for the sake of the Nuzlocke, but Scyther is the better choice.

Oh trust me pretty much my whole team are pokemon I've never used before, starter included.