Author Topic: A movie franchise you can always watch?  (Read 1647 times)

A movie franchise you can always watch?
« on: August 09, 2016, 06:55:05 am »
This is slightly similar to a previous topic I made a while back of what's a movie you can always put in and enjoy, but after diving headlong into the Godzilla franchise after being away for so long, no matter if I have some issues with the movie or it gets goofy, I'm basically pretty happy watching a Godzilla movie (Except for the Roland Emmerich one), so what are other franchises that you can pretty easily just watch most of them?

To specify, it must be a series that has at least like...5 or 6 movies minimum.  Friday the 13th, James Bond, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, etc.  And you gotta enjoy a good portion of them.  Like there could be a couple overall you hate, depending on the amount of movies involved, but generally even if it's poor, or goofy, you still have fun in the grand scheme of releases.

Godzilla is definitely mine.  I haven't watched Godzilla in forever outside of the recent American one, but after a recent uptick in Godzilla hype from Shin Godzilla and a marathon of Godzilla goodness from Matt at the Super Best Friends I watched, I basically went out and bought 9 Godzilla movies from the last 2004 one to the 1993 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2.  It gets goofy and sometimes doesn't look the best, and there are audio balance issues here and there, but I really rekindled my love of Godzilla I use to have as a kid, renting Godzilla classics on VHS from my local video store.  Gonna keep grabbing more too since thankfully all the Blu-Rays are stupid cheap on Amazon.

azure

Re: A movie franchise you can always watch?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:02:54 am »
Godzilla and Satoshi Kon/Ghibli films for me. I never get tired of these and end up going back to them the most, even though I re-watch a lot of my favorites films.

gf78

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 09:20:50 am »
I can watch the MCU movies any time.  Even ones not released by Disney that kinda suck like the Punisher or the first Hulk movie.

Star Wars I can watch any time and will.

Star Trek movies are another favorite of mine.  I watch them whenever I come across one on the channel guide and also pop the Blu-Ray's in all the time.

Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit films are favorites. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »
I can watch the MCU movies any time.  Even ones not released by Disney that kinda suck like the Punisher or the first Hulk movie.

Star Trek movies are another favorite of mine.  I watch them whenever I come across one on the channel guide and also pop the Blu-Ray's in all the time.

Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit films are favorites.

I can watch these and the Saw movies.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »
I never get tired of Star Wars. Even that bastard child known as Attach of the Clones has a soft spot in my heart.

sin2beta

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 09:29:32 pm »
I'm another vote for Star Trek.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:59 pm »
I can watch Finding Nemo literally any time lol.  My little sister loves watching Pixar movies and I always beg her to put finding nemo in. Its a childhood favorite of mine :D

As for a franchise I enjoy the fast and the furious movies especially 3 and 5.  I love MIB and also Pokémon movies never ever get old.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 09:45:54 am »

The Thomas Jane Punisher movie was good.  I don't care what anyone says. 
The Eric Bana Hulk?  Not so much.  That was total ass. 

On topic:  Star Wars, MCU, and Adam Sandler movies

gf78

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 10:14:30 am »

LOL...I actually enjoyed the Thomas Jane Punisher movie.  It's just generally regarded as crap.  I loved watching John Travolta whine like a bitch while being drug behind the car before getting torched.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 10:23:37 am »

LOL...I actually enjoyed the Thomas Jane Punisher movie.  It's just generally regarded as crap.  I loved watching John Travolta whine like a bitch while being drug behind the car before getting torched.   :P

The second Punisher was shit.  Jigsaw just looked stupid and the whole movie was dumb. 

The Thomas Jane was Punisher was cruel and ruthless and gangster as shit.  Leaving that dude to hold his hand up with the grenade in it was cold.  It was what The Punisher should have been. 

gf78

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 12:00:52 pm »
The second Punisher was shit.  Jigsaw just looked stupid and the whole movie was dumb. 

The Thomas Jane was Punisher was cruel and ruthless and gangster as shit.  Leaving that dude to hold his hand up with the grenade in it was cold.  It was what The Punisher should have been.

Kind of like the first and second Ghost Rider movies.  The first one was entertaining and Eva Mendez was smokin' hot!  The second was just nonsense.

necrosexual

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »
godzilla for me too. otherwise... not really.

(now if this was anime i'd have a nice handful)

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

doafan

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 05:46:54 pm »
The one that started all: Alien  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

gf78

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 06:10:17 pm »
The one that started all: Alien  8)

Man, can't believe I forgot the Alien movies!  Confession time:  I was around 6 or 7 when I first watched Alien. While the movie scared the crap out of me, I fell in love with Sigourney Weaver. At the end where she's in that skimpy top & panties crawling into the spacesuit?  Man oh man....

doafan

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 06:19:09 pm »
While the movie scared the crap out of me, I fell in love with Sigourney Weaver. At the end where she's in that skimpy top & panties crawling into the spacesuit?  Man oh man....

Guess that it's because it scared the shit of a lot of people and a lot of us felt in love with that badass Sigourney   :-*
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:21:47 pm by doafan »

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy