Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 9146 times)

tripredacus

Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2016, 10:07:48 am »
I'm not as into it as I once was, but I am not disappointed with my purchase.

It's cool you were able to find something to enjoy, but they are still advertising a game that doesn't exist and spent a lot of time promoting aspects that aren't there and seemingly refused to actually deny whether it had certain features or not.

I do not pay attention to game advertisment. It has been wrong for games for years. The E3 videos over the years only made me excited about such a game. Same goes for any other games I see preview videos of. I made my purchase after watching someone play the actual game on Twitch. So it was no mystery to me, and it is still an amazing concept of a game I have been waiting my entire life for*. It will only get better from here.

*My original idea, something I had from the late 90s was actually based on a different type of mechanic, but NMS is close enough for now. My original idea was relating to Maxis Sim series, with the ability to have a modular game where you can seamlessly transition from between planets to the ground. That small part is what made me interested in NMS, the idea that maybe we are getting to the point technologically where one of my dream game types would be possible.

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2016, 11:12:17 am »
I'm not as into it as I once was, but I am not disappointed with my purchase.

It's cool you were able to find something to enjoy, but they are still advertising a game that doesn't exist and spent a lot of time promoting aspects that aren't there and seemingly refused to actually deny whether it had certain features or not.

I do not pay attention to game advertisment. It has been wrong for games for years. The E3 videos over the years only made me excited about such a game. Same goes for any other games I see preview videos of. I made my purchase after watching someone play the actual game on Twitch. So it was no mystery to me, and it is still an amazing concept of a game I have been waiting my entire life for*. It will only get better from here.

*My original idea, something I had from the late 90s was actually based on a different type of mechanic, but NMS is close enough for now. My original idea was relating to Maxis Sim series, with the ability to have a modular game where you can seamlessly transition from between planets to the ground. That small part is what made me interested in NMS, the idea that maybe we are getting to the point technologically where one of my dream game types would be possible.
Unless I know without a doubt I'm going to love a game, I rent it or wait for other folks to tell me about it/watch videos.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2016, 11:54:00 am »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2016, 03:54:52 pm »

Most advertisement is generally on point (In terms of the experience and features the game will have) outside of some uncommon instances.  The usual problem games are ones that might look to good, and downgrade when they are released, Ubisoft is a big problem developer for this with Watch Dogs and The Division and likely others.  I think NMS is as bad as Aliens: Colonial Marines in this case.  It's blatantly lying about what it really is and still continues to advertise itself with promotional material that is not even close to representing the actual game in terms of visuals and content.

I bought NMS on launch with little hype about it as I want just a kinda entertaining exploration and survival game that I can pass the time with and what was far too boring and lacking to be any fun.  Then realizing what the game was supposed to be, it was obvious how badly this game was rushed to release.  I love the concept too, but NMS doesn't work nearly as well as it should've.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:59:14 pm by kamikazekeeg »