Author Topic: Human Strategy Guide  (Read 2135 times)

kashell

Human Strategy Guide
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:02:16 am »
I'm bored, so here's a new topic.

Are you an expert on any games? Like, a 100%-perfect game expert? If someone were to go into a game without any idea of what to expect, would you have the answers to all of their questions? Even if they wanted to uncover every secret and hidden extra?

Who needs a regular strategy guide when they have you!

I consider myself an expert on only two games. The first is Mega Man X4. I've played it so many times and feel like I can guide anyone through it no matter their history with Mega Man.

The second is Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Since you have to do everything, and I mean -EVERYTHING- to earn the platinum trophy or all of the achievements, I know I can guide someone through the game whether they just want to play it casually or if they want to do as much as possible. I actually wrote a guide for the game's second bonus dungeon.

What about the rest of you? What's a game that you can help guide me and others through?

Re: Human Strategy Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:26:01 am »
Super Mario World.

That's probably it and I'm sure there are things I don't know.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:27:37 am »
I can't say that for any game, but the closest I could say that for is probably Ocarina of Time. I've beat it about 7 or 8 times, and know how to do most of everything in the game. The only thing that I am not 100% is all the Gold Skulltulas. I've found every single one before, but it was with the help of a guide. I have a feeling I could name where about half of them are from memory and a quarter while playing the game.

telly

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:51 am »
I would say Silent Hill 2, which I've beaten about 6 times. Or Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past. I used to know everything about Pokemon Heart Gold/LeafGreen, but I don't know if I could remember it all now.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 11:42:03 am »
I would say Silent Hill 2, which I've beaten about 6 times. Or Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past. I used to know everything about Pokemon Heart Gold/LeafGreen, but I don't know if I could remember it all now.

I had a feeling Silent Hill 2 was going to be one of your choices. In the event that I decide to go through it again and get the maximum amount of stars, I'll be sure to hit you up for some advice.

jupiter

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 11:46:49 am »
Can't really put any at 100% perfect, though I have gotten pretty damn good at a handful of games in my time.

Played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 with a buddy constantly in high school, we could both get seriously insane legitimate combos. Could get ridiculous scores (style points or whatever) in NBA Street. In NFS Underground's drifting mode I can dominate as well. Won a Soul Calibur 2 and a Soul Calibur 3 local blockbuster tournament.

Last one I can think of is Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory on pc, that's really the only shooter I was ever legitimately dominant in.

This topic makes me sad :( With all the time I've spent gaming you'd think I'd have more to list off...

azure

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:48:03 am »
Let's see, if I had to pick a game I'm very knowledgeable in it would probably be Soul Hackers. I've done literally everything in that game 3 separate times, which equates to 9 playthroughs alone. I've completed it with the true ending and 100% demon compendium with all 3 different Nemissa move pool options, all the extra bosses Etc. I could go on and on, as I love the game. There are plenty of games I can play without a guide, but I would say Soul Hackers would be the best choice for this topic.

Damn now I wanna play Soul Hackers again.

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 12:37:28 pm »
I can beat Donkey Kong Country on the SNES without losing more than maybe 5 lives, I've probably beaten the game 20 or so times and even speed through the levels as fast as I can sometimes. DKC is my favorite game of all time, and I pop it in every other month or so. I know all the secrets, all the extra live locations, all of the enemy placements, you could say I'm a bit obsessed with the game. I also proficient in Donkey Kong Country 3 in the sense that I can beat it fairly easily and know where all the banana birds, Kong Koins and Bonus Barrels are. I like this game, but I think I've played the GBA port way more.  I'm proficient in DKC2, but I never really got into this one, I don't even think I've beaten this one 102% yet, it's my least favorite DKC game. Returns and Tropical Freeze I've beaten 100% but without the speed runs, and while I'm good at the games, I wouldn't say I could help you get through them.
LEt's see, I'm also very good at Super Mario World and I've mastered that one on both GBA and SNES but it seems like a lot of people have, since it's probably the best Mario game around.
More recently I've beaten Saturday Morning RPG, and while it is a pretty short game, there are a lot of strategies to utilize to survive battles. To beat the game completely you have to revisit chapters or "episodes" (as SAT AM RPG refers to them) to complete missions, gain achievements, and get S rankings. I'd consider myself well versed enough in the game (since I've played it so thoroughly recently) that I could guide anyone through it.

Awesome topic, it's fun reading what people have to say, and can't wait to see more!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:17:13 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kashell

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »
Awesome topic, it's fun reading what people have to say, and can't wait to see more!

Thanks! I'm enjoying all of these responses so far.

telly

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »

I had a feeling Silent Hill 2 was going to be one of your choices. In the event that I decide to go through it again and get the maximum amount of stars, I'll be sure to hit you up for some advice.

You know me ;) I also researched a lot about the story ideas, direction and behind the scenes stuff (tidbits about the dev team, voice actors, development, etc.) It is my favorite game of all time after all!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:23:51 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 02:01:20 pm »
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal (Ratchet and clank 3).  I know where all the glitches are but perfecting them is a work in progress  :D.  I also Know the Nefarious glitch where you set up Mini Turrents and stand behind him so the enemies shoot him, you spam him with the 360 shock blast cannon trick plus the turrents. he dies in about 8 seconds. On a good day I can beat it in under 2 hours.   :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 03:32:31 pm »
Contra - I've played through this countless times

Super Mario Bros. - I know about every jump in this game.  I can finish it without dying without warps.  I can even speed run it just north of 7 min.

Mega Man 2 - I came up with my own boss order that works for me.  I did that when I was a kid, and I still prefer it to starting this Metal Man.

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 03:46:10 pm »
Contra/Super C- Beaten multiple times at least on the NES. Still working on both arcade versions.

Super Mario Sunshine- Beaten 4 or 5 times; I can pretty much get everything down except for 15% of the blue coin locations.

Metal Slugs- I pretty much know most of these games inside out, along with some of the differences with second player side.  The ones I'm most proficent at are Metal Slug 1. X, 5, and 3.

A few other ones- Armored Warriors, other run n guns etc.

There's a bunch of games below that where I'm good at, but either die way too often ( Monkey Ball 1/2), or still working on optimizing routes.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:24:10 pm by maximo310 »

necrosexual

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 03:53:00 pm »
there used to be... pokemon r/b/y and g/s/c and platinum, i used to could tell you everything
and yoshi's island

maybe super mario rpg, i think i have found all the kerokerocolas even
but these days, probably not so much. but a while ago, yeah, i'd be able to help anyone with these games.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

rayne315

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 04:02:28 pm »
Shadow of the colossus - I know where all bosses are, quickest way to them, best/quickest way to beat them, glitches to quick kill them, placements of white tailed lizards, placements of fruits, etc, etc.

in fact I used to have a memory card (since lost) that had a file that had beaten the game over 40 times (it kept track).
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully