Author Topic: Mobile Site Questions/Suggestions  (Read 964 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Mobile Site Questions/Suggestions
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:36:44 pm »
Hey VGCollect Team,

When I was out buying games today I was looking through my mobile collection list to see if I had certain games and I discovered somewhat of a hurdle. There was no way that I could find to sort my list by type (Ps2, DC, PSP, etc.) Or search for certain games. I only have a couple hundred entries in my list so it was pretty easy to page through the full alphabetical list and find if i had a game or not but I can see for someone who has 1000s of games that would be a huge pain. Was I just missing something or is this something that could be implemented in the future so guys like my who use the mobile site will be able to easily distinguish whether or not we have a game? Thanks.

maximo310

Re: Mobile Site Questions/Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »
Apparently there is a VGCollect app where you can search for stuff and look at your collection, but it hasn't been updated in a long while for the additional icons shown in the app so I'm guessing that the app isn't being worked on at the moment. So I think at the moment you might have to stick with that mobile option until that gets updated.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 02:56:55 pm »
Apparently there is a VGCollect app where you can search for stuff and look at your collection, but it hasn't been updated in a long while for the additional icons shown in the app so I'm guessing that the app isn't being worked on at the moment. So I think at the moment you might have to stick with that mobile option until that gets updated.

Yeah, I used to have the app but when I asked about mobile options a bit ago someone told me the website auto formats for mobile now and that the app support has been pulled due to that. So I'm just seeing if any of the website devs here can point me in a different direction to what I was trying to do maybe?

matt

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:59:21 pm »
On mobile there are 3 little dots up top by the logo. If you click that the sidebar filter will slide out. I'm on my mobile now but I'll reply back in more detail when I get to my PC.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 07:46:32 pm »
I'm going to necro this old topic.

I don't know what's changed, but I can't add things to my collection through the mobile site. The "Add to Collection" button is too far down to click on.