Author Topic: What kind of car do you drive/ Dream car?  (Read 3826 times)

What kind of car do you drive/ Dream car?
« on: August 15, 2016, 07:19:37 pm »
I drive a 2006 Volkswagen Golf and my Dream car is a Lamborghini Aventador :D

sin2beta

Re: What kind of car do you drive/ Dream car?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:28:55 pm »
I drive a 2012 Camry. My dream car would be a Nissan GTR or a mid 80s Toyota Supra in sully restored condition.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

necrosexual

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 12:37:05 am »
i drive a 1994 honda del sol! a lot of people have complimented my car, and mechanics LOVE driving it, they dig my little beater car, man. every time. except one asshole, who found it fun to remind me that the reason you don't see them often is because most have been crushed for scrap... joke's on him, there are about 7 of us in my city (3 of us have white, me included, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 black and i think a red one). ngl, it's a little death trap tho (no airbags for the driver, for one) and it looks like trash (it's seen some rough days), and i'm pretty sure i can list a handful of ways to die in it (other drivers DO NOT see my car, there's no horn but it does go VROOM VROOM when i tap the accelerator so they know when they cut me off LOL, there's no airbags and there's no AC unit at all) but you know, i fucking dig my car. i paid cash for this bitch, it's all mine.

i think my dream was a '93 mazda rx-7. these days, i've really fallen in love with my del sol, tho, so really, if this car shits the bed, i'll kick the engine out and replace it and the clutch and keep on driving it. i like that it's small, with a big trunk and bigger dreams and, tbh, the front of it looks kinda like a shark, idk, it's a cute but badass car.

also, clearly, i like 90s models cars LOL.

tho driving a lambo around would be badass. any lambo.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:40:41 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:17:11 am »
I drive a 2009 ML350, my dream car is the G63 AMG. I'm considering selling my collection to help get it.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:25:52 am »
I currently drive a 2013 Kia Sorento. My dream car is an Infiniti QX.

I actually used to have one, but it wrecked (RIP) and instead of buying another one which was hella-expensive, I went with my current car. It's served me well, and I'm pretty confident that after this one is finished I will finally get my Infiniti.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:27:08 am »
I'm rocking the '07 Ford F-150 4-door 4x4.  It's perfect for me.  The Boy has a back seat, I have a pickup, and (best of all) it's 100% paid for. 

I've had a lot of different cars.  I've driven fancy cars.  I know folks with fancy cars.  I still come back to a good pickup.  My dream car is just to have a new F-150 crew cab 4x4 in the drive way.

I guess the one that I'd like to have that I never will is a Jeep Scrambler.  It was a Jeep/Pickup in the mid 80's  Cool looking rigs.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 10:01:20 am »
I drive a 13' Dodge Challenger.  I like too many cars.  '16 Dodge Challenger. 73' Dodge Challenger.  06' Pontiac GTO.  '13 McLaren MP4-12C.  I actually saw someone driving a McLaren 650S near where I live. '69 Dodge Charger.  All sorts of models of Mitsubishi Lancer, Nissan Frontier/Titan, and Toyota Tacoma/Tundra.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »
I drive a 2010 Ford Escape. Not the ideal but it gets the job done. I'm definitely a Toyota person though. My last 5 vehicles were Toyota (Highlander Hybrid, Sienna and 3 Tacoma trucks). Eventually I would like to get another Tacoma but I've become accustomed to having additional space that minivans/SUV provide.  :P

necrosexual

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 05:14:28 pm »
I drive a 2010 Ford Escape. Not the ideal but it gets the job done. I'm definitely a Toyota person though. My last 5 vehicles were Toyota (Highlander Hybrid, Sienna and 3 Tacoma trucks). Eventually I would like to get another Tacoma but I've become accustomed to having additional space that minivans/SUV provide.  :P

-jumps on this-
why, exactly?
i'm really curious. genuinely.
i don't get the appeal of SUVs at ALL. they seem huge and cumbersome, and a lot of people seem to be completely unable to handle them and park the bitches.

i had a 2000 saturn SL and a 2002 toyota taurus, and i felt THOSE were too big. drove my brother's thunderbird and it felt like i was heading a small warship.
i downscaled, from a 4-door to a 2 seater del sol... and other than having a little bit of adoration for the honda crx models (those hatchbacks man) i never, ever want to scale back up. haha.
(keep in mind, the handling of my car... no power steering in those del sols, last models of mass-produced cars without power steering, and yet it steers like a little dream and honestly, i feel if it DID have power steering, i'd end up flipping the poor thing... i still park better than a good number of people with big vehicles tho LOL)

what's the appeal of these big cars, to people who like them? i'm genuinely curious here, because i see them on the road every damn day and wonder but it'd be a little weird to walk up to someone and ask them why they have an SUV... esp when they drive it solo 99% of the time. boggles my mind. boggles my mind even more to see people who have them listed as dream cars! o:

i'm kinda actually asking anyone who has a truck/suv down as their dream car, but still. what is this magic about extra space that it feels a requirement to some people, when most times, your max cargo will be a kid or two and some groceries? o:

Flashback2012

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »
-jumps on this-
why, exactly?
i don't get the appeal of SUVs at ALL. they seem huge and cumbersome, and a lot of people seem to be completely unable to handle them and park the bitches.

I would agree with you in regards to the full-size SUV monstrosities like the Sequoia, Yukon, Suburban, Tahoe, Expedition and the like. I don't see the allure of owning a giant brick like that. Mid-size SUV such as the Highlander are about as big as I want to go though I'm most comfortable in the smaller units like the Rav4 and Escape. They have an elevated sit and aren't too hard to park in normal sized parking spaces. You're spot on about people being unable to handle their monster boxes on the road or in parking lots. In my experience, these people seem to think that because their vehicle is bigger that they can somehow bully smaller cars to cede the right of way to them. Also, some of the worst "parking" jobs are from these idiots and just about anyone driving a truck bigger than a F-150.  :P

i had a 2000 saturn SL and a 2002 ford taurus, and i felt THOSE were too big. drove my brother's thunderbird and it felt like i was heading a small warship.
i downscaled, from a 4-door to a 2 seater del sol... and other than having a little bit of adoration for the honda crx models (those hatchbacks man) i never, ever want to scale back up. haha.
(keep in mind, the handling of my car... no power steering in those del sols, last models of mass-produced cars without power steering, and yet it steers like a little dream and honestly, i feel if it DID have power steering, i'd end up flipping the poor thing... i still park better than a good number of people with big vehicles tho LOL)

what's the appeal of these big cars, to people who like them? i'm genuinely curious here, because i see them on the road every damn day and wonder but it'd be a little weird to walk up to someone and ask them why they have an SUV... esp when they drive it solo 99% of the time. boggles my mind. boggles my mind even more to see people who have them listed as dream cars! o:

i'm kinda actually asking anyone who has a truck/suv down as their dream car, but still. what is this magic about extra space that it feels a requirement to some people, when most times, your max cargo will be a kid or two and some groceries? o:

I had to edit your response there...a Toyota Taurus?!?  :o

You sound like you're quite comfy in a decent 4-banger sedan or hatchback. The smallest I'd go is a Corolla and to be honest the ones that they're putting out these days are roughly the same size as the Camry they put out 5-10 years ago.  ??? Something like a Yaris is too small for me.  ;)

In regards to your last question, I'll usually have up to three kids in tow depending on the situation and having a big enough back seat to accommodate them all PLUS having space for things like groceries is a necessity. My vehicle before this (not counting my Highlander which eventually got returned to the dealership in exchange for the Escape) was a Sienna. Yeah it's a minivan and there's a stigma attached with driving them but it fit everyone comfortably and had enough room for stuff in the back. Gas mileage was a downer but it doesn't seem any better in the Escape.

Also, I'm over 40 and IMO if I go and get a sleek 2-door sports car of some kind then there will be a part of my mind that will nag me that I'm suffering from some sort of mid-life crisis.  :P The only way I'd justify owning a sports car would be if I had won a sizeable amount in the lottery (like one of those $3M jackpots) and I built a house that had a multi-car garage. Even then, I wouldn't drive the thing much as it wouldn't be very practical other than to cruise around in (and get the unwanted attention of LEOs  :P).

necrosexual

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 06:45:43 pm »
-jumps on this-
why, exactly?

I would agree with you in regards to the full-size SUV monstrosities like the Sequoia, Yukon, Suburban, Tahoe, Expedition and the like. I don't see the allure of owning a giant brick like that. Mid-size SUV such as the Highlander are about as big as I want to go though I'm most comfortable in the smaller units like the Rav4 and Escape. They have an elevated sit and aren't too hard to park in normal sized parking spaces. You're spot on about people being unable to handle their monster boxes on the road or in parking lots. In my experience, these people seem to think that because their vehicle is bigger that they can somehow bully smaller cars to cede the right of way to them. Also, some of the worst "parking" jobs are from these idiots and just about anyone driving a truck bigger than a F-150.  :P

i had a 2000 saturn SL and a 2002 ford taurus, and i felt THOSE were too big. drove my brother's thunderbird and it felt like i was heading a small warship.

I had to edit your response there...a Toyota Taurus?!?  :o

You sound like you're quite comfy in a decent 4-banger sedan or hatchback. The smallest I'd go is a Corolla and to be honest the ones that they're putting out these days are roughly the same size as the Camry they put out 5-10 years ago.  ??? Something like a Yaris is too small for me.  ;)

In regards to your last question, I'll usually have up to three kids in tow depending on the situation and having a big enough back seat to accommodate them all PLUS having space for things like groceries is a necessity. My vehicle before this (not counting my Highlander which eventually got returned to the dealership in exchange for the Escape) was a Sienna. Yeah it's a minivan and there's a stigma attached with driving them but it fit everyone comfortably and had enough room for stuff in the back. Gas mileage was a downer but it doesn't seem any better in the Escape.

Also, I'm over 40 and IMO if I go and get a sleek 2-door sports car of some kind then there will be a part of my mind that will nag me that I'm suffering from some sort of mid-life crisis.  :P The only way I'd justify owning a sports car would be if I had won a sizeable amount in the lottery (like one of those $3M jackpots) and I built a house that had a multi-car garage. Even then, I wouldn't drive the thing much as it wouldn't be very practical other than to cruise around in (and get the unwanted attention of LEOs  :P).

oops, shit! hahahhaa! i meant ford, yes, yes, hahaha, oops. i got them mixed up from reading other things and the fact that before i got the ford taurus i was looking more for a toyota (or a honda, but everyone convinced me not to go honda because "they get stolen a lot"... yeah, try to steal my del sol, most people can't even start it, AND it's manual, lmao! it has a quirky, picky ignition, so good luck XDD)
i dreamt it was a toyota, maybe, but, alas, a failing transmission 120k miles into its sad, short life (del sol sits strong at 250k, from 232k when i bought it! hoping to drive it to 500k+) firmly plants it as a ford LMAO

also, yeah, a lot of big SUVs push me off the road (almost literally) and they see my car... quick to accelerate, must be quick to brake. >.>;; ahhhhghh.

tho i find it amusing that you say a highlander is 'smaller', they all look the same to me LOL. the only thought i ever have in regards to ANY SUV is "please fucking stop pulling up, i can't see over your hood to attempt this right-at-red turn plz stop this is not a competition to inch over the white line"... on the other hand, SUVs never take my having to press the accelerator to keep up on a hill when my brakes can't handle the pressure anymore as a race challenge... a RAV4 and an expedition XL are one and the same in comparison to my car (2-3x the size, all of em!)... maybe if i get lucky i'll take a photo of my car next to an SUV and link it here XD

i guess i'm just used to my mom, who couldn't stand a big car... thus my brother (6'2" by 14), my cousin (5'2") and me (5'4"... don't ask about my dwarf problem ;I) would cram into the back of a volkswagen jetta and just have to deal. so to me, cramming a bunch of teenagers into the back of a 4-door is 'perfectly acceptable' and "not seeing out the rearview mirror" is just the problem with having to deal with some kids.
my dad would also cram the three of us into a toyota... tundra? which was even more hellish than the jetta.
"just deal with it" in regards to no leg room and crammed shoulders was the punishment of being a kid without a license LOL. so i guess i just don't hail from the land of considerable parents/guardians and the like, so maybe that's where my confusion is

i WILL say it was  badass to ride in an aerostar (my aunt's) when i was 5. with all our shit strewn out on the floor and an aunt too depressed to give a shit about us climbing over the seats and playing in the floor. on the other hand, it seems ridiculous in retrospect... she had two kids and a van that could accompany a full family, i'll never get it. she downscaled to a 2-door 90s model mustang, then later got a hatchback. but that was probably... not the usual appeal of minivans to 5 year olds, as most of them stay securely in their seat with a seatbelt. by the time i was 8, i was a jaded little shit who thought the little tv screens my rich friends had in their parents' vans and the size was "too much" and "ridiculous", and that still holds true to this day LOL

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 06:54:48 pm »
I drive a 2006 Toyota Matrix. It's been super reliable and it is the 4wd model so it's great all year round.

I've always had a really hard time answering what my dream car is because there are 3 that I constantly go back and forth with that I'd want to own really bad. But anyhow here they are. Nissan GTR, Nissan Skyline R34 GTR, Acura NSX. I am a huge fan of japanese sports cars. Would pick any of those three over a Ferrari or Porsche any day of the week.

I used to own a 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe. It was an awesome care besides from very shitty electrical components and it was a death trap in snow.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:56:26 pm by bikingjahuty »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:35 pm »
2003 chevy s10 extended cab

dream; ww2 era willys jeep
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 08:24:25 pm »
i drive a 1994 honda del sol! a lot of people have complimented my car, and mechanics LOVE driving it, they dig my little beater car, man. every time. except one asshole, who found it fun to remind me that the reason you don't see them often is because most have been crushed for scrap... joke's on him, there are about 7 of us in my city (3 of us have white, me included, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 black and i think a red one). ngl, it's a little death trap tho (no airbags for the driver, for one) and it looks like trash (it's seen some rough days), and i'm pretty sure i can list a handful of ways to die in it (other drivers DO NOT see my car, there's no horn but it does go VROOM VROOM when i tap the accelerator so they know when they cut me off LOL, there's no airbags and there's no AC unit at all) but you know, i fucking dig my car. i paid cash for this bitch, it's all mine.

i think my dream was a '93 mazda rx-7. these days, i've really fallen in love with my del sol, tho, so really, if this car shits the bed, i'll kick the engine out and replace it and the clutch and keep on driving it. i like that it's small, with a big trunk and bigger dreams and, tbh, the front of it looks kinda like a shark, idk, it's a cute but badass car.

also, clearly, i like 90s models cars LOL.

I think you are the trans version of me. I miss both my del sol and my RX-7. As far as my own answer :

Right now I have a 99 Jetta (which is my pizza delivery vehicle), a 2012 Forester (family vehicle) and a 99 Harley (my bitch). If I could have any car, right now it would be a Lotus Elise. That thing is sex on wheels.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 09:10:52 pm »
I recently bought myself a new (to me) car just this summer, and paid cash for it. It's a 2013 Focus hatchback. Very happy with it. I think I own the car I want.

Although, I have thought it would be cool to have one of those old-school wagons, like from the 1960s? Not too keen on actually driving one since the only safety measure in one of those is a cruddy over the lap type seat-belt, and with all sorts of metal interior parts. That's when they were just figuring out that cars can be kind of dangerous.