Author Topic: Rez Infinite Physical Edition from iam8bit  (Read 4687 times)

argyle

Re: Rez Infinite Physical Edition from iam8bit
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 01:23:55 pm »
It is ridiculous though.  You can ship a single game for first class shipping for under $3.

Yeah, I know. If they put it in an actual box instead of a bubble mailer (I imagine they will, I know LRG does) then I could even half-way justify the extra cost.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »
I got mine ordered and I got the $5 shipping too.

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »
Has anyone received their copy yet or an email as to when these are supposed to ship?

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 05:40:25 pm »
Has anyone received their copy yet or an email as to when these are supposed to ship?

Did you get an email from them recently?

I got one on the 14th with some important info, along with the following:
Physical PS4/PSVR Game

So we have some good news - the game is in production. However, due to holiday related production delays, our late October ship date is bumping into mid-November. Our apologies, we hope that you understand that we are doing our best to get this out to door and into your hands asap! PlayStation is taking great care of us, and your patience is appreciated. It'll be worth the wait!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:49:35 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 06:09:55 pm »

Did you get an email from them recently?

I got one on the 14th with some important info, along with the following:
Physical PS4/PSVR Game

So we have some good news - the game is in production. However, due to holiday related production delays, our late October ship date is bumping into mid-November. Our apologies, we hope that you understand that we are doing our best to get this out to door and into your hands asap! PlayStation is taking great care of us, and your patience is appreciated. It'll be worth the wait!

It has info about the soundtrack not having certain tracks due to licensing issues, but I do not see any of the info that you just quoted.

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 06:47:47 pm »
Hmm, I got two emails from them. One had a download link to some tracks due to the licensing stuff for the vinyl, and the other one had more info:

Rez Infinite Update - Physical Game + Vinyl
iam8bit <noreply@iam8bit.com>  Oct 14 at 7:52 PM
To   Desocietas

Hey there!

Thanks for pre-ordering Rez Infinite in its various forms!

Perhaps you pre-ordered the physical PS4/PSVR edition. Perhaps you pre-ordered the super deluxe 2xLP + 7-inch + retrospective book. Perhaps you pre-ordered BOTH.

The fact is, you pre-ordered some combination of these lovely collectibles, and we now have some updates for you:

Physical PS4/PSVR Game

2xLP + 7-inch + Retrospective Book

Here's some other good news - the vinyl + book are all in production, and have been for a little while now. The production process is both intricate and groundbreaking because the packaging we're creating is COMPLETELY CUSTOM. Like, there was no template for this box, because we're literally hand-binding record packaging to accommodate a sewn in, oversized art book. It's super duper elegant, but something this special and hand touched takes time to create. You WILL be receiving these before the holidays, though. The orange edition vinyl will ship in late November and the Limited Edition picture disc edition will ship in December, as originally promised.

Also, we've found ourselves in the midst of a music rights glitch regarding the original soundtrack to Rez. Digital download music rights are viewed very differently in Japan, and unfortunately Enhance Games was unable to secure the digital rights to the original tracks in time for our production deadline. Enhance tried desperately to work this out, but simply couldn't. Both iam8bit and Enhance are bummed about this, BUT we do have some positive updates below, which we think you'll dig.
THE GOOD STUFF:

You're Getting a FREE BONUS BUNDLE!

The fine folks at PlayStation have been very gracious and have offered to give EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER who pre-ordered either the Physical Game or the vinyl a totally FREE BONUS BUNDLE, which includes:
Garden of Eden" PS4 Dynamic Theme. Watch a video of the theme HERE.
Seven PS4 avatars, of the different player evolutions
Redeem your code below in the US PlayStation store. (Note: this only works if you have a US PlayStation Network account, but you can sign up for a free account worldwide).

[removed unique code]

You're Also Getting the Area X Digital Tracks!!

Although we couldn't secure digital rights to the full album, we did manage to nab the new Area X tracks (which are featured on the 7" record).

​Even better - they are already attached to your registered iam8bit.com store account. You'll be receiving a separate email shortly, explaining this in greater detail.

The digital music includes:
The two tracks (main and remix) included on the vinyl
An extra bonus remix track from Hydelic, which we couldn't fit on the vinyl, but are giving to you as a THANK YOU!
Everyone at iam8bit has really enjoyed this process, and we especially can't wait for you to experience the retrospective book, because so much research went into it! You'll be reading things previously unknown about the history of Rez soon enough, including recently unearthed and NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN concept art. More on that later.

Thanks again to PlayStation for helping us out - y'all are awesome!

And thanks to Enhance Games for being the best damn collaborators!

XOXO,
iam8bit

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 12:47:02 pm »
so im just now trying to purchase the pre-order for the game... WHY THE FUCK IS IT A MINIMUM OF $12 SHIPPING???????????????????????
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »
so im just now trying to purchase the pre-order for the game... WHY THE FUCK IS IT A MINIMUM OF $12 SHIPPING???????????????????????

Yeah... and then tax on top of that for me... I ended up combining my order with a copy for a roommate and a vinyl, so that helped a little.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »
Shipping was only $5 for me.

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 12:11:01 pm »
Any of you fine folks get your copies yet?  I'm hearing some bad stuff about the quality on iam8bit's side.

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 12:37:48 pm »
Any of you fine folks get your copies yet?  I'm hearing some bad stuff about the quality on iam8bit's side.
I didn't think that these were shipping out until after January.

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »
people are already receiving them.  Mine hasn't shipped yet.

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2016/12/06/rez-infinites-limited-physical-release-finally-shipping-users-unhappy-with-quality/

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 01:06:23 pm »

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2016/12/06/rez-infinites-limited-physical-release-finally-shipping-users-unhappy-with-quality/

Interesting. Although I must say i didn't see anything wrong with his copy. He claims the disk label was off center, didn't notice or barely noticed. Also, the fact that the cover looks slightly different then the one on their page is not a big deal as well as not have a reversible cover, many PS4 games don't. This guy comes across as very entitled and whiny. I personally can't stand his type.

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 01:10:36 pm »

Interesting. Although I must say i didn't see anything wrong with his copy. He claims the disk label was off center, didn't notice or barely noticed. Also, the fact that the cover looks slightly different then the one on their page is not a big deal as well as not have a reversible cover, many PS4 games don't. This guy comes across as very entitled and whiny. I personally can't stand his type.
I suppose I can't disagree, but his statement is that, if he didn't know better, he would make the assumption that it was a bootleg.

Poor quality in general.

desocietas

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »
I haven't gotten my copy yet either but I did see a minor squabble going on about the disappointment people have been feeling about iam8bit. For the most part, I've been happy with their products, so I'll have to see how this product looks for myself. The pictures do no excite me, that's for sure. Seems like a pretty lifeless package design considering how pretty the game is.

If anything, I picked up a Rez t-shirt from a physical pop-up shop iam8bit was having at Day of the Devs, and the giftee loves it. Really nice foil ink print, and he felt like it was really nice quality.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas