Author Topic: Upcoming collector's edition  (Read 2543 times)

Re: Upcoming collector's edition
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 10:11:43 pm »
Nope, that is called being a reseller or a scalper. I oppose it with every fiber of my being lol.   It is the reason why prices are high and the market is saturated.  Resellers see this hobby as a cash cow. I hate it so much when I see it happening locally, they prey on the pockets of someone and their passion for something. Maybe they should look into getting something called a job. A moral way of making money.  Not making 1000 percent profit off of another person's passion. I buy a game because I love games, play games and want to own the game. I don't buy games because I want to make money off of them. I would resell sneakers, houses or cars if I was into that. You know, 3 markets that make you much more in reselling.  I don't camp outside of good will wee hours of the morning and stock up on 1-3 dollar games donated to charity just to flip them on ebay for 200 bucks.  nope, I am not that guy. Never will be.  I find shame in that. Its legal but truly its only 1 step away from being a thief. 

Resellers will horde 5 collector's editions and wait for the inevitable price surge and then sell all 5 for 400 percent profit and make like 1k more then what they spent meanwhile the only person that gets burned in this is the actual person who actually wanted the game to begin with but couldn't get it because said reseller horded them all.  Times that by the thousands of resellers out there and it creates a vicious cycle.  Part reason why Smash Melee is 60 bucks when its the most common and highest sold GameCube game in the world.  Games that should be 5 bucks are 20, games that should be 50 are 200.   it goes on and on. All because people want more and more for retro games. its so popular now and we fall victim to it.   We pay for it because we truly love these games. It isn't some piece of stock to us.  It isn't a investment. its a hobby.

I see it more and more, deals are few and far between, instead of buying a game and selling it and even making 100 percent profit, 50 percent profit.  no it has to be triple profit.  I will buy this for 150. it will be worth 500 once its sold out and no one can get it.  then after 5 years of this I will send my kid's to college and drive a corvette.   Sketchy, shady and not my bag of chips.  I have dedicated threads to this. 

With that said I am really looking forward to the South Park Fractured but whole collector's edition :). it comes with the cartman coon 6 inch fig and the post cards :D.  be sure to save me one.

Come on Marv, I really do believe I jumped the gun, I got a bit heated like you but after reading what Xoomoon wrote exactly this isn't what they were talking about.  Let's just try and keep things chilled.

Well to be fair it did come off a little scalpery.