Author Topic: Has a game ever put you to sleep? No joke.  (Read 4899 times)

Re: Has a game ever put you to sleep? No joke.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 11:41:06 pm »
No Man's Sky did it to me recently. Not because it was boring per se, but it was just such a chill and relaxing game I just kind of drifted off. I also tend to fall asleep playing racing games. I get Highway hypnosis from racing games apparently. =P

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 10:19:39 pm »
I was practically falling asleep playing some battlefield game for the ps2 with friends like a decade ago. Fps games are god aweful entertainment ._.

darkragnorok

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 05:10:39 pm »
About a decade or so ago in high school with Phantasy Star Universe. I didnt have online play at the time so I was just playing the game itself on PS2. Needless to say, I cannot remember ever being bored with a RPG game like this one and one that put me to sleep. Needless to say I was with it a couple of chapters in.

kashell

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 09:05:29 am »
About a decade or so ago in high school with Phantasy Star Universe. I didnt have online play at the time so I was just playing the game itself on PS2. Needless to say, I cannot remember ever being bored with a RPG game like this one and one that put me to sleep. Needless to say I was with it a couple of chapters in.

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 12:14:40 am »
Probably not because it sucked or was really boring but mostly because I stood up around the clock playing a game until sun rise and just crashed lol.     I think Brink did put me to sleep or at least make me tired enough to take a nap.  That game sucked imo but I know many who loved it.  It was underwhelming to me. :D.

tripredacus

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 12:19:07 pm »
I have dozed in Civilization V. Not because the game is bad, but sometimes I shouldn't do just one more turn.

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 12:40:52 pm »
I have had 2 general situations with this.

1.  The game is so damned good that I stay up late until I'm basically playing the game while asleep (i.e. walking into walls doing nothing) (e.g. Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4, GTA San Andreas)

2.  I'm sick, or it's a lazy weekend day, or a rainy day, or something, and I just get tired and fall asleep.

External influence or just a damned good game.

My wife on the other hand, I have walked into a room and see her sleeping, with her 3DS laying on her face because she fell asleep and she just kind of placed it on her face or something.  Pretty much exclusively handhelds there.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 11:57:05 pm »
Ikari Warrior for NES.

Abba abba abba Abba

And can they possibly move any friggin slower!?

tripredacus

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 10:26:25 am »
Hmmm I don't stay alive long enough in Ikari Warriors in order for it to make me fall asleep.  :D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 03:51:15 am »
Hmmm I don't stay alive long enough in Ikari Warriors in order for it to make me fall asleep.  :D

Abba

dreama1

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 06:31:29 am »
Game difficulty the greatest stimulate, and assertive to stay awake. Nothing speaks awakeness like a 1000 japanese  banzai charging you or somethin.

jupiter

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 08:47:45 pm »
I'll probably get flack for this, but you must understand what I mean. Shadow of the Colossus has put me to sleep.

I've beaten that game like a hundred times, and it's one of my favorites of all time. Running around the world is somehow very calming to me and sometimes lulls me to sleep.

Flower/Journey has done the same thing, in fact I've played flower to put my step-daughter to sleep. God I miss that kid...

necrosexual

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:00 am »
i nearly fell asleep last week playing final fantasy xiii... i DIDN'T, but i realised... it was time for me to stop playing and go to bed. i was sluggish... i don't play on auto-battle, i could tell i was making a lot of mistakes and i wasn't keeping up with swift paradigm shifts, and hope kept getting murdered.
i was really losin' it.
i've been pretty hooked on that.

bloodborne nearly made me fall asleep... i think it was a mix of the repetition of the level (i have to play these games by memorisation... sigh) and it being late night and me having learned too much too fast.

any game that has a ridiculously long and unengaging tutorial will nearly knock me out. learning a lot at one time makes me tired. i guess i'm just a li'l kid when it comes to stuff like that.

i've never actually fallen asleep tho. i can't sleep sitting up.

I've fallen asleep playing Animal Crossing before <3

that is a compliment to this game, though. ahhh, animal crossing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:24:19 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

sworddude

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 03:49:26 pm »
There is this one part for me

Azure dreams fantastic game but the theatre part is absolutely horrible.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

brazbit

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 09:37:42 pm »
Never from boredom. I've fallen asleep playing some of my favorite games of all time due to pure exhaustion and poor decision making keeping me up all night playing long past any reasonable stopping point. So more a case of being the opposite of the original question.

But as far as being bored to sleep by a game? No. There is a simple solution to keep that from happening. Turn off the game and do something else. It's not rocket science. :)