Author Topic: September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 10150 times)

Re: September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2016, 02:48:01 am »
Too lazy to post pics, but I picked up a few hard to find gems today. I local collector is getting divorced from his beast of a ex-wife, and sadly he is selling off his entire collection. He ended up selling nearly everything to a really cool local store and I ended up picking up the following from them:

- Alice Madness Returns (PS3)
- Trinity (PS3)
- Romancing Saga (PS2)

I also picked up a top game on my want list on Ebay for an excellent price! The manual is slightly damaged, but for what I paid, it is an excellent price for a complete copy even with a little damage. And here it is:

- Silent Bomber (PS1)

I might be picking up a decent DS lot tomorrow as well, hopefully it works out!

maximo310

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2016, 03:05:09 am »
Pickups of the week were pretty good; missed out on a few games due to people stealing discs( eternal darkness and dark cloud 2 sadly), but I got these:

Goodwill:
Resident Evil: Director's Cut ( 2CD case w/ RE2 demo,PS1, no manual)- $2
Pokemon Battle Revolution ( Wii, CIB)- $2
NBA Jam (PS3, CIB) -$3
Silent Hill 2 (PS2, CIB)- $3
Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2, no manual)- $3
Xenosaga Episode I (PS2, CIB) -$3
Super Mario Sunshine, GC, disc only inside of Paper Mario GC case+ manual)- $3

BRE Software had a sale w/ the 20% off, and a extra discount for combined shipping. So got these manuals for $20
DS: Contact, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
GC: Geist, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Superstar Baseball, DK Jungle Beat, Alien Hominid, and TimeSplitters Future Perfect
PS2: Castle Shikigami 2

Target
Just Dance 2015 ( Wii U, sealed)- $5.98

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »
This arrived today

Looks like it'll be a cool (but tough!) game.

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:29 pm »
Found a bunch of hard to find DS games today. Probably went a little overboard, but some of these I've never seen in person until today.

azure

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »
Found a bunch of hard to find DS games today. Probably went a little overboard, but some of these I've never seen in person until today.

Really jelly of that Strange Journey box set, last one I need for my SMT collection. Nice finds!

retrogemcollector

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2016, 10:19:11 am »

desocietas

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2016, 12:04:34 pm »

Oh man... What an amazing haul. I'm outrageously jealous of that My World My Way. You find these out in the wild?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

stlgamer75

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2016, 02:52:14 pm »
Found an immaculate copy of Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei at a retro gaming store in the Atlanta area while traveling for work. Dropped the coin and picked it up. PD Saga is still out of my price range though.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2016, 03:45:46 pm »
I grabbed a couple of WiiU games on the cheap. They were $6 each.

Batman:Arkham Origins (sealed)
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (complete)

Not a bad pickup in my opinion.

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2016, 05:46:20 pm »

Oh man... What an amazing haul. I'm outrageously jealous of that My World My Way. You find these out in the wild?

Sort of. I know a lot of people in the area that collect, resell and own stores. I local collector with an enormous collection traded in almost his entire collection to a local store. The owner let me know about it while he was going through it and I cherry picked these. Paid low ebay or slightly under ebay for all of these which I'll do all day long for  few of these. But yeah, My World, My Way was up there with my most wanted DS games.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2016, 07:57:58 pm »
My birthday was this weekend, and my girlfriend got me the Falco and Blathers amiibo :D . Up to 31 amiibo now ;D !

I'm also thinking about picking up Just Dance 2015 (I'm sorry, but the songlist is just so good! You spin me right round, baby, right round, like a record baby round round round round. Oh, and of course
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:00:12 pm by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2016, 11:45:11 pm »
Today was my pick up of the year I've been wanting something like this for a while. A few of you have already seen it on faceworld.

It's a retail Nintendo cabinet. I can put all kinds of shit in there behind those 3/4" locking glass doors. The pictur doesn't really do it justice. It's nearly 8ft tall. It's huge.

I'm really pumped on this one.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2016, 12:40:33 am »
Today was my pick up of the year I've been wanting something like this for a while. A few of you have already seen it on faceworld.

It's a retail Nintendo cabinet. I can put all kinds of shit in there behind those 3/4" locking glass doors. The pictur doesn't really do it justice. It's nearly 8ft tall. It's huge.

I'm really pumped on this one.

Awesome! I'd love to have that.

On a related (but not as cool) note: I got a spinning comic rack today. Some guy had it outside his house after a yard sale for free! Gonna put the gems in my collection out on display.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2016, 07:48:44 pm »

Particularly proud of this haul today. I unexpectedly heard back from a guy on CL saying he would sell me black label versions of Twisted Metal 1 and 2 for 10 bucks total.  Had to drive about 30 miles but totally worth it.  The black label jewel version for twisted metal is incredibly hard to find. 

On the way back, swung by my favorite retro store and got some cib n64 games for a good price and also picked up Arx Fatalis, King of Fighters '99, The Godfather and The Hobbit all for super cheap as well. 

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2016, 09:00:48 am »
Picked these up from random thrift stores
Coach K Basketball Genesis 1$
Rugby World Cup 95 Cib Genesis 1$
World Series Baseball Cib Genesis 1$
Top Gun Fire at Will Cib PC 1.66$
Wii Fit Plus Cib 2$
Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 Cib PS2 2$
Wii sports loose free