Author Topic: UPDATE - New Advanced Search filters, and Import Collection  (Read 6892 times)

kodemaan

UPDATE - New Advanced Search filters, and Import Collection
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:19:36 pm »
Hello all!

We have made some changes, which include adding new filters to the advanced search, fixing the platform filter on the advanced search, and adding an option to import your collection.

How to use new filters for advanced search:
Go to advanced search (hover over search button then click "Advanced")
Type in a game name
Any filters that are not changed will default to "all"
You can now filter by Release Type, Developers, Publishers, Genres, Ratings, Item Number, Barcode, and Release Date
For Release date the first box is the "From" date, and the second box is the "To" date.
Ex. To find a game released on 2015-01-05 should have the first box before 2015-01-05 and the second box after 2015-01-05

How to use import functionality:
Export your data from an existing account to a csv file
Go to account settings page of another account
Scroll Down to Import Data under "Export Data"
Click "choose file" and then select the csv file from your export above
Click on "Import"
This will bring you back to the settings page, and the games will be added to your collection

Note: Please do not hit the import button multiple times as that may cause duplicates in your collection.

Please let us know how you enjoy the new functionality, and if there are any bugs regarding the new features.

Thanks, and enjoy  :)

Re: UPDATE - New Advanced Search filters, and Import Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 10:18:11 pm »
sweet deal! thanks for your work.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 08:42:13 am »
Awesome stuff.  Great to see new features.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:45:24 pm »
This is much appreciated but a search by barcode without being forced to provide a title would be even more useful.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:50:24 pm by blurks »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 05:02:55 am »
This is much appreciated but a search by barcode without being forced to provide a title would be even more useful.

Barcode is in the list to search with. Only problem is that not everyone is entering a barcode. Most just put a title Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator in and thats it.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:32:29 am »
Good job! Thanks!

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 11:57:59 am »

Barcode is in the list to search with. Only problem is that not everyone is entering a barcode. Most just put a title Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator in and thats it.

well that is true that people don't enter them in we have not had a reason to until now. I personally am going to start going through my collection again and add in every barcode I can. and any other info I can.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 02:11:26 pm »

well that is true that people don't enter them in we have not had a reason to until now. I personally am going to start going through my collection again and add in every barcode I can. and any other info I can.

Seeing entries of games on here that show several owners (many claiming to own complete copies) yet lacking in nearly all of the information about them aside from title, image and perhaps rating has LONG perplexed me.  ???

Then again, I'm one of those people who, while out and about making the rounds, will copy down information from game cases (barcodes and item numbers in particular) to see if the game exists in the database or needs the information filled in.  :P

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:50 pm »

I have faith in this site, so when adding games i entered them  ;).

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 03:00:19 pm »

I have faith in this site, so when adding games i entered them  ;).
I will try to work on this as well.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 07:20:13 pm »
The barcode has definitely helped me catch very minor variants, so I appreciate 'em when I see 'em and enter 'em when I have 'em.

I also figure that the more info, the better, and it'll go to better features later on down the line.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jason

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 07:25:19 pm »

I'll try to look at adding this to an upcoming release. Thanks for the feedback!