Author Topic: Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017 (Sonic Generations 2) revealed.  (Read 2285 times)

Flashback2012

Re: Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017 (Sonic Generations 2) revealed.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »
The idea of a collectible Download Card appeals to me a little.  Like if the industry set a standard for this type of thing, I'd be more willing to buy digital games.

rayne315

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 01:09:38 pm »
The idea of a collectible Download Card appeals to me a little.  Like if the industry set a standard for this type of thing, I'd be more willing to buy digital games.

the only way the download card would appeal to me is if the code on the card had no expiration date and was capable of being downloaded multiple times (so long as its removed from the original system)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:12:04 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 01:40:33 pm »

the only way the download card would appeal to me is if the code on the card had no expiration date and was capable of being downloaded multiple times (so long as its removed from the original system)
Uh... I'm pretty sure Steam/X1/PS4 all work that way.

Steam, install as many times as you like, only one device can play (online) at a time.

Xbox One, logon to whatever machine you want to play on, download game, only system with active online profile can play (online).

PS4, Can install on 2 (active) systems.  To install on a 3rd device, deactivate 1st or 2nd system.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 02:57:30 pm »

Steam, install as many times as you like, only one device can play (online) at a time.

Xbox One, logon to whatever machine you want to play on, download game, only system with active online profile can play (online).

PS4, Can install on 2 (active) systems.  To install on a 3rd device, deactivate 1st or 2nd system.

Most stuff related to download codes are tied permanently to accounts.  You can reinstall whenever, but I think he means more like what PC games use to be, when they were tied to the key, rather than an account.

The collector's edition is pretty neat, but I'm not really excited enough for the game to pick it up.

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 02:59:37 pm »

Most stuff related to download codes are tied permanently to accounts.  You can reinstall whenever, but I think he means more like what PC games use to be, when they were tied to the key, rather than an account.

The collector's edition is pretty neat, but I'm not really excited enough for the game to pick it up.
Ah.  Yeah, that day will likely never come.

Microsoft tried to do that with the X1 and the entire world went banana.