Author Topic: I like to ask advice about dealing with fellow gamers like myself  (Read 810 times)

lordscott

what should i do if fellow gamers like myself ever start to tease me &/or make fun of me due to my taste in gaming all because of i buy,i still buy,i love,i still love,i play & i still play both the classics & modern games equally?

Please bear with me and please allow me to explain i admit sometimes i window shop either in public or online since i buy my stuff both in public and online and well as 1 of the examples is that sometimes i go to the classics section of gamestop site and see what's for sell and see if i want to buy any of them and of course if i can afford it since some are cheap,some are expansive and some are way too expansive for me to get.

& a another reason why i like to ask for your advice & tips is well it's because when & if they see my entire collection i bet you they'll more likely say to me and act like dude it's 2016 or 2017 or whatever the current year it is get rid of them,you need to upgrade and get a PS4,Xbox One,Nintendo WIIU or any other newest latest gens out there they can think of when & if i buy anymore in my collection.

Even though i buy,i still buy,i love,i still love,i play & i still play both the classics & modern games equally and no no i haven't encountered them yet I'm only asking ahead of time if it happens to me too and so i know how to deal with them or what to do if it happens to me too and also if i want to buy any of my favorite games anyway thanks for reading and no no I'm not seeking approvals.

I'm only asking ahead of time if it happens to me too and if i had to deal with fellow gamers like me if they either found out what's my taste in gaming or if they ever sees my entire collection and thanks for your helpful advice & tips & thanks for your understanding & don't worry i don't mind and include any of my family and any of my friends if you want me to thanks again for the help ahead of time :).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:52:00 pm by lordscott »

tpugmire

Re: I like to ask advice about dealing with fellow gamers like myself
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 01:34:36 pm »
Tell em to F off, seriously. I do it all the time.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

shepard11

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 02:59:55 pm »
Be like sorry can't hear you over all the fun I'm having

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 03:09:16 pm »
Do what you enjoy.

As long as it's legal it doesn't matter what others think.

Live and let live. :)

azure

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 03:52:42 pm »
Ignore individuals like that the best you can, do what you enjoy.

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 08:55:36 am »
Ask why

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 10:40:28 am »
I have never heard anyone complain about things like this IRL. It is only online it seems.

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:31:43 pm »
Funnily enough, I still run into some who don't "get" why I would be interested in the old games and not the brand new stuff. A lot of people by now realize this is a big thing now, but some I guess are still in the dark about it.

Talked to a guy in GS the other week about it and he gave me this weird look when I mentioned that I preferred retro style games over modern, and that I preferred to have physical copies of games instead of downloads. It's usually the younger crowd who doesn't get it, and of course it's like every millennial's favorite argument - "it's [insert current year], you have to [insert trend or opinion]".

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »
Actually, now that I read your post Warmsignal, I do encounter this IRL. But it is not relating to video games but technology all-together. Because I still have CRTs and VCRs and Laserdisc and all that stuff. Some people I know who are all-in on HD-TV/4K/3D/BD question me anytime they find out I got some new (old) piece of hardware.