Author Topic: Question about fighting games in general  (Read 2281 times)

lordscott

Question about fighting games in general
« on: September 22, 2016, 10:00:41 am »
In your opinions is it cheating if i keep using any of my favorite moves,any of my favorite combos &/or any of my favorite finishers in any fighting games in general with any of my favorite characters & if i choose to?

Before you jump my throat don't because I'm not seeking a approval I'm only asking your opinions because i admit that I'm just curios because sometimes i keep using any of my favorite moves,any of my favorite combos &/or any of my favorite finishers in any fighting games in general with any of my favorite characters or you may say it's more like i put pressure on my opponent by keep using any of my favorite moves,any of my favorite combos &/or any of my favorite finishers and not let up.

& if i perfect any of my favorite moves,any of my favorite combos &/or any of my favorite finishers in any fighting games in general with any of my favorite characters then i keep being pretty quick or I'm doing decent and not let up or you may say it's more like I've put pressure on them because sooner or later he'll or she'll eventually slip up & make a mistake then bam that's where i got them and i keep attacking and not let up+if i need to block i will block don't worry.

Those of you play fighting games,sometimes play fighting games or have it in your collection then you'll understand what do i mean thanks for sharing your opinions and remember like i said I'm only asking your opinions and I'm not seeking approvals :).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:15:03 am by lordscott »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Question about fighting games in general
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:15:05 am »
All I'm going to say is that if you keep spacing the same thing over and over again they're going to figure out how to block and Dodge it then counterattack you gotta have some diversity in the game and be able to mix up the combos

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:16:03 am »
In single player, it is whatever works. If you are just using the same move over and over vs a real person, then it still is not cheating. It is another term, I can't think of it right now. Cheap maybe.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:37:30 am »
In single player, it is whatever works. If you are just using the same move over and over vs a real person, then it still is not cheating. It is another term, I can't think of it right now. Cheap maybe.
Spaming

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 10:39:29 am »
Spaming

Not the action itself, but impression of the person doing the action. That is what I mean.

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 10:41:30 am »
Yeah if you do this I am surprised you can still get people to continue to play you.

lordscott

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 10:53:54 am »
Yeah if you do this I am surprised you can still get people to continue to play you.

Don't worry i will mix it up since sometimes i do and sometimes i don't if that makes sense and I'm just wondering if it is and i said if because i don't know yet am i going to keep using same moves i only said if and i included if i choose to like i said don't worry i will mix it up :).

kashell

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 11:03:20 am »
If you use the same move, it becomes predictable and your opponent will learn how to fight back.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 11:10:17 am »
If you use the same move, it becomes predictable and your opponent will learn how to fight back.

Depends, in certain fighting games there are some really Op charaters with certain moves.

No matter how good you are you cannot do anything about it.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 11:50:06 am »

Depends, in certain fighting games there are some really Op charaters with certain moves.

Do you have an example? Often times, the OP'd characters are banned.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 12:40:15 pm »

Banned from competitions not normal play.

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 12:40:22 pm »

Eddy Freakin' Gordo and Voldo immediately spring to mind.  :P

kashell

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »
Ah, I thought the OP was talking about competitive play. Not just normal play.

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 01:40:11 pm »

That´s true in tournaments but if your playing with friends all characters are allowed.

Back on topic

It really doesn´t matter how you play fighting games since in the end it is to win and make your opponent salty.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:46:44 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 01:44:22 pm »
I don't play to make my opponent salty.  I play to have fun.

People getting all salty and butthurt ruins the fun.