Author Topic: APF 1000/TV Fun Power Cord Compatible?  (Read 1674 times)

APF 1000/TV Fun Power Cord Compatible?
« on: September 09, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »
Hey, all - I posted this in the APF thread, but since that thread is a couple years old, I figured I'd start a new one as well. I just picked up an APF, they said it's tested and works - but it's missing the power cord. Obviously I'm a little anxious to test before too much time goes by, but how?

I figured I could wait for another APF to come up, buy it, cannibalize the cord and re-sell, but they don't pop up often, and they're kinda spendy. And then I suddenly thought about the TV Fun and how they might have used the same power cord - but again, how to find out? So I figured I'd see if any of you experts might provide some advice?

Thanks!

Re: APF 1000/TV Fun Power Cord Compatible?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 06:19:12 pm »
Hey, Gang -

I got a nice response to my above query when I posted it to APF Yahoo group; Lance there said that if the pin and mA match, I should be able to use a third party. (but mA on AFP TV Fun didn't match)

Then I did some searching on the always-indispensable Atari Age and saw another person's thread that indicated that apparently you can use an NES power adapter:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/201285-apf-mp1000-power-supply-question/

So in case anyone saw this thread but didn't see the resolution at Atari Age, I'm posting that link here as an update. I just ordered an NES cord and will post another update if it doesn't work.

theflea

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 02:28:06 am »
I own 2 APF-1000's and i'll try and look at the adapter and see what is compatable. Your the first i've seen on this forum even talk about it other then myself.
I wrote a review on it once on this site.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

theflea

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:08:52 am »
I tested out the APF-1000 and found a NES adapter will work on it without any issues.
They both even use the same voltage so it shouldn't damage the system.

I gotta warn you this console is finicky about what TV you hook it up too.
It will not work well on any modern TV at all. On a newer model CRT it will work but it makes annoying static noises and you have to turn off the sound. The only TV I can get it to work fine on is an old TV from the 80s (old knobs and all). I first thought maybe my system had issues and when I found a second one it has the same problems. Hope this helps.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:06:18 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

theflea

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:11:16 am »
This is the APF MP-1000 I tested just in case your talking about a different APF console. They did make several pong style cone consoles too. Also for those who wonder WTH is a APF MP-1000, here's what it looks like.  :P

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:16:37 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 03:42:49 pm »
Man that is such a cool looking console.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)