Author Topic: What is your favorite pizza place?  (Read 3359 times)

kashell

Re: What is your favorite pizza place?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 10:12:33 am »
My favorite chain for the lord of all foods are Mellow Mushroom, California Pizza Kitchen and Jet's.

For non-chains, I like the NY Pizza Exchange in Atlanta.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 12:40:14 pm »
Pizza is like sex. Even if you're eating bad pizza, you're still eating pizza.   ;)

For chains; I like Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's.

My favorite pizza is a place called Upper Crust Pizza.  Give me that Greek with extra olives! I love it.

Wait, where are you at? Upper Crust is a local place here where I live. Either we're close, or it's just a crazy coincidence.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 02:29:24 pm »
Pizza is like sex. Even if you're eating bad pizza, you're still eating pizza.   ;)

My favorite pizza is a place called Upper Crust Pizza.  Give me that Greek with extra olives! I love it.

Wait, where are you at? Upper Crust is a local place here where I live. Either we're close, or it's just a crazy coincidence.

It's in Jonesboro Arkansas.  As far as I know there's just two stores associated with each other.  One is more of a pizzeria feel and the other is a little more like a sit-down restaurant.

I'm sure there are more pizza places named Upper Crust.  It's a good name for a pizza joint.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 02:40:07 pm »

It's in Jonesboro Arkansas.  As far as I know there's just two stores associated with each other.  One is more of a pizzeria feel and the other is a little more like a sit-down restaurant.

I'm sure there are more pizza places named Upper Crust.  It's a good name for a pizza joint.

Yeah, coincidence, then. People rave about the Upper Crust here, too. I've never been, personally.

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 02:46:22 pm »
I've only been to a couple of pizza places outside of my city.  I hit one in the middle of nowhere in Arizona or New Mexico (I honestly can't even remember what state I was in) and the pizza was homemade and realllllly good.

Other than that... Chicago's Pizzeria in San Antonio, TX.  It's not often that you can get Chicago style pizza outside of Chicago that bares any resemblance to authentic Chicago style pizza.  Most places either just serve you deep dish (Not Chicago style) or they don't use cornmeal in the dough (Most places will add food dye over cornmeal, to save money and keep that yellow color).

mrnikon

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 04:49:33 pm »
for "chains" Lou Malnati's. othewise I go for my local place La Villa, or if i want to travel I will go to Vito and Nick's. Being from Chicago there are a ton of local places not too many chains. And no we all don't just eat deep dish, Chicago style thin cracker crust is more popular. Vito and Nick's has some of the best in the city.

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 08:21:12 am »
for "chains" Lou Malnati's. othewise I go for my local place La Villa, or if i want to travel I will go to Vito and Nick's. Being from Chicago there are a ton of local places not too many chains. And no we all don't just eat deep dish, Chicago style thin cracker crust is more popular. Vito and Nick's has some of the best in the city.
I've never found a place that serves good Chicago bar pizza.  It's almost always New York style, without that crunch.

pizzasafari

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 08:52:40 pm »
Well my favourite pizza place I've eaten from was a restaurant I went to in Gran Canaria called Da Pinocchio. It was a general Italian restaurant but half the menu was pizza so it was basically a pizza place. It was really fancy though, proper Italian pizza, extremely thin base, could barely even pick it up with my hands. I had a "Pizza Scampi" which was a prawn pizza (I was a pescatarian at the time so had to eat pleb pizza) and oh my god it was amazing. I only got to eat there a few times but I seriously haven't tasted anything like it since. It was awesome. It was just cheese, tomato and prawns with the usual Italian miscellanies but it had some kind of stock covering it as well which gave it this amazing flavour.
They were also the only restaurant out of the literally hundreds that covered the district that didn't have people stood outside chasing you down the street trying to drag you in so that was a plus.

In terms of local chains, Domino's all the way. Used to love Pizza Hut but one day their pizzas started tasting disgusting to me all of a sudden. I get myself a takeaway most weekends and I usually go for a Domino's. Large Meateor pizza, Domino's stuffed crust, replace the BBQ sauce with extra tomato sauce. Get some chicken wings & garlic bread pizza with it on the side. Heaven.
Don't know what they did with their sriracha chicken wings though. I was sad to see them go. They were lovely.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:58:21 pm by LeJason »

deftommo

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 12:41:17 pm »

Is is one of the Upper Crusts in the Boston area?  They were one of my favorites when I lived out there, and they also made a pretty good calzone!

alkaid

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 05:33:30 am »
Round Table has good pizza and atmosphere, but for quick take-home pizza I go to Domino's or get Digiorno frozen pizza (with loads of Tapatio hot sauce on it). The egg pizza at a local place called World Pizza is really good, but they're a little expensive.

Not pizza, but I love Little Caesar's hot wings! Haven't had it in forever though.
No, really.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 08:08:50 am »

Is is one of the Upper Crusts in the Boston area?  They were one of my favorites when I lived out there, and they also made a pretty good calzone!

It's not. It's in Jonesboro, AR.  I doubt it's part of the same bunch.