Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016  (Read 28801 times)

soera

Secret Santa 2016
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:22:37 pm »
All right, its almost that time of year ... Christmas. Im putting up a thread to see if people are interested in round 4 of Secret Santa. ****WISHLIST LOCKED****

If you want to participate this year, please post your name on this thread. I want people to have been members of these forums for at least 3 months prior to this and some sort of activity here. We have had 3 years so far of 100% success and we are not going to fail this year! Sign ups will be for 3 weeks. Once its done, you have a week to send me your wishlist, address info, and what not. Also include if you are willing to send out of your own country cause every year we get non US participants.

When you reply on this thread, post what you think the spending limit should be. I will take the most popular option and thats what we will go with. And since Im mentioning it ... if the limit is $100 (an example) please dont send someone $10 worth of crap. The limit is more of a guideline as to what to expect to spend. Almost everyone here the past few years has went over the limit for their participant. Within the week of sending in the wishlists, if the limit becomes more than you want to spend, let me know and I can remove you from the list. No hard feelings will be had.

1. Soera
2. Azure - wishlist received - package sent - package received
3. Redblaze57 - wishlist received - package sent - package received
4. Kashell -wishlist received - package sent - package received
5. Ignition365 - wishlist received - package sent - package received
6. Davifus - wishlist received - package sent - package received
7. Indenton
8. Telly - wishlist received - package sent - package received
9. Tpugmire - wishlist received - package sent - package received
10. Flashback2012 - wishlist received - package sent - package received
11. Rayne315 - wishlist received - package sent - package received
12. Desocietas - wishlist received - package sent - package received
13. Pacpix - wishlist received - package sent - package received
14. Burningdoom - wishlist received - package sent - package received
15. Karyann - wishlist received - package sent - package received
16. Turf - wishlist received - package sent - package received
17. Puddignm - wishlist received - package sent - package received
18. Dstone - wishlist received - package sent - package received
19. Dashv - wishlist received - package sent - package received
20. Mrnikon - wishlist received - package sent - package received
21. Koemo1 - wishlist received - package sent - package received
22. Tafk - wishlist received - package sent - package received
23. Theflea
24. Devancowan
25. Warmsignal - wishlist received - package sent - package received

Also I know last year I mentioned not doing it this year. Ive decided to keep going and doing it. Last year was frustrating for many reasons but this year has been pretty good for me in all sorts of ways so Im happy to keep doing this.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:57:36 am by soera »

realpoketendonl

Re: Interest for Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 07:05:38 pm »
This sounds like fun! Unfortunately I'm pretty broke right now so I don't think I can join in :(
Still, to everyone joining in: Have fun!  ;D
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

azure

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:29:00 pm »
I'd like to participate, 30$-50$ sounds like a decent median to me.

EDIT: Seeing a lot of users talk about out of country shipping, I would like to stay within my country if possible as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:29:50 am by azure »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:15:08 pm »
you know I'm in

BRING ON THE TOOTSIE ROLLS!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:43:08 pm by redblaze57 »

kashell

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:13:42 pm »
I'm in, and I'll give a range of 30 to 50 dollars.

EDIT: And while I didn't mind, because my giftee was AWESOME, I would prefer to not have to ship to Canada again. It really bumped up the cost of things. I wanted to add more to the gift but the shipping rate would go up even more.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:32:13 pm by kashell »

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 09:30:35 pm »
I was thinking about not joining this year after the shenanigans of last year, but it's all about the spirit of the season and stuff.

So I'm in again.

I think we did $50 last year, but maybe that was an upper limit rather than a suggested value.  I vote $50.

I'd prefer not to have an international giftee, I think shipping for my SS last year cost me almost as much as what I got him.

davifus

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 12:14:38 am »
M
E

I
G
U
E
S
S
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

indenton

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 07:54:05 am »
Yeah I'm up.  We used $50 last time as the threshold, that seemed pretty good

Shipping over borders, try shipping overseas!  This did concern me as well, I believe I accidentally went over the $50 mark a fair bit
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:07:52 am by indenton »

telly

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 09:19:28 am »
Hell yes I'm in!  8)

I think 50$ was perfect last year, honestly
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 10:25:10 am »
I'm in. $50 sounds good to me.
EDIT: Just don't give me redblaze again, I've had him two years in a row.  Zack is a cool dude and all, but let's spread it around a bit.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:14:45 am by tpugmire »
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Flashback2012

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 10:32:21 am »
Color me interested.  8)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 11:39:54 am »
I guess I'll give it a shot. Never did it before. I don't see anything wrong with a $65 limit since it's about the price of a brand new current gen game. As for wish lists, couldn't someone just check your wish list on the website rather than sending one in; gives a better element of surprise.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:42:44 am by mrfoxhound »

Badges

telly

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 11:49:18 am »
As for wish lists, couldn't someone just check your wish list on the website rather than sending one in; gives a better element of surprise.

It depends on what you want to do, but you could definitely do that. Some people have very large wish lists on the site (like me) or some don't put priority in the listings.

So last year I put 20 items in a "top preference" list that I sent to Soera, and mentioned that really anything from my site wishlist that was above "medium" priority would be just as good. I did end up getting something from my site wishlist anyway, so it was quite the awesome suprise.  :D
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 11:55:43 am »
I always love unboxing the SS gift on Christmas morning - always a fun surprise and nice to get something physical from a community we're so familiar with online.

Count me in! I'd prefer to stay in-country but if there aren't enough folks in the other parts of North America to exchange with each other, I'd be willing to help out.

Also, I thought $50 was a good amount. I thought people did a good job of taking into account used items and such to make the most of the dollars or to have it be equivalent to what it would've been sealed. Also, people made handmade things last year as well :)

And in regard to wishlists, the more items on the list, the better, and I think we all use our VGC wishlists differently. Last year, my wishlist for my SS included additional info about stuff I liked in general and game-related things like plushies and DVDs to give the SS some options (I love gaming-related keychains to add my Christmas tree, for example). I also specified that I was perfectly fine with used items as long as they were complete. I've received wishlists from others with their preferred genres and favorite games because they were happy to receive any memorabilia as well.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 11:58:19 am »
I always love unboxing the SS gift on Christmas morning - always a fun surprise and nice to get something physical from a community we're so familiar with online.

It's probably my favorite thing we do on the site, not gonna lie. :) It's just really cool to send and receive gifts from fellow gamers from all over the country/world

Also, I think $65 works fine too, makes more sense to me. Certainly will be ok with whatever we end up deciding on though!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:00:37 pm by telly »
Currently Playing: