Author Topic: Need New Game Review Shows  (Read 1331 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Need New Game Review Shows
« on: October 12, 2016, 04:04:43 pm »
So, how many of you watch YouTube game review shows? Stuff like GameSack and Classic Game Room?

It seems that we're getting less and less of the quality reviewer's stuff in the last year. There's plenty of amateurs doing it, but their's usually aren't as good.

So, does anyone have any recommendations on some new reviewers that are worth watching?

Already watch: GameSack, Classic Game Room, MetalJesusRocks, and Gamester81. Used to watch Irate Gamer, TurboViews, CGRUndertow, The Video Game Years, Icons, and ROB the Robot; but all of those ended. But even the ones I named that still make new videos have slowed down a bit.

So what have you got, for me?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:39:38 pm by burningdoom »

Re: Need New Game Review Shows
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 05:08:41 pm »
Lazy Game Review
PeteDorr

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:13:26 pm »
Lord karnage

robertoman

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:02:10 am »
ProJared
Caddicarus - mainly reviews Ps1 and Ps2 titles
Jontron

indenton

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:27:38 am »
I'd like to nominate 'GigaBoots', They understand the Hardware side of things too, so they're very insightful.  Standard reviews aren't that common, but just listening to podcasts and quick plays is interesting and informative for the gaming community. 

EDIT: Oh yeah!  Yuriofwind is pretty cool too, very laid back
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:36:28 pm by indenton »

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 11:33:16 am »
I came to a sad realization about a year ago that I can't stand 90% of the youtube gaming community, particularly many of the heavy hitters like Projared, MetalJesusRocks, Jontronn, AlphaOmegaSin, Gamester81, ReviewTechUSA and most recently Pat the NES Punk has been really getting on my nerves. I dislike them all for various reasons, but this limits me greatly to who I watch on there now. Here are some that I still can watch and don't make me want to blow my brains out.

Classic Game Room
Angry Video Game Nerd
GGGmanlives
NEScomplex
Yuri of Wind
Beta64

doafan

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »
Kinda worried that nobody has mentioned the channels that I follow, they might not be the great deal but everyone have their special way to do their reviews, give it a try to one of the five channels that am leaving below and if you like one of them please let me know which one did you liked  ;D

Michael B the Game Genie
Cannot be Tamed
Gaming Historian
Drink a Beer and Play a Game
SpaceKappa

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 02:26:37 pm »
Matthewmatosis. https://www.youtube.com/user/Matthewmatosis/videos?&ab_channel=Matthewmatosis

Cannot recommend him enough. Great speaking voice, very engaging and does extremely in depth analyses. Only issue is that if you haven't played the game before you will be spoiled and he doesn't upload very often so there may not be many reviews of his you can watch without something being spoiled for you. However if you played a game that he's reviewed, you'll be amazed by how much you'll learn about it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:42:06 pm by throughtheiris56 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »
Thanks guys!