Author Topic: Is there a game console you have that most people don't?  (Read 5362 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Is there a game console you have that most people don't?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 01:12:36 pm »
Maybe CDX? Vectrex??

stlgamer75

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 02:30:15 pm »
My most uncommon consoles would probably be:

- Vectrex
- Arcadia 2001
- 3DO

And to a lesser extent:
- Atari 7800
- TG-16
- Atari Jaguar
- Odyssey 2
- NES top loader

Consoles I still want:
- Neo Geo
- Neo Geo Pocket Color
- Fairchild Channel F

Wow, you have an arcadia! I have a bunch of games but no console. They are insanely difficult to find.

Yep, got mine off ebay probably 15+ years ago now. I rarely play it but it's one of those consoles that people say "huh?"
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

stlgamer75

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 02:33:05 pm »
I have a buddy who doesn't collect or anything, but he has a Vectrex and a couple of games.  I've been asking him to sell it to me for 10 years now, he always refuses.

Just hit him up about once a year to make sure his mind hasn't changed. Asked to be added to his will just in case.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »
I have a buddy who doesn't collect or anything, but he has a Vectrex and a couple of games.  I've been asking him to sell it to me for 10 years now, he always refuses.

Just hit him up about once a year to make sure his mind hasn't changed. Asked to be added to his will just in case.
At this point I think if he were to sell it, he'd want about market value.  I bought most of his childhood games off of him and at first he gave me good deals, but then at some point he had some left overs he found (which I thought he had said he would throw in if he found them) and asked for full market value for them, so I passed.  I think it was like street fighter and tetris or something, real common stuff.

tpugmire

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 07:29:03 pm »
CD-i 450
Turbografx 16
Atari 800XL
Atari 1200XL

Nothing too spectacular, but I have fun.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »
Does everyone have an NES?  ;)

I have all the Coleco Tabletop Arcades.  Does that count?

I also have a PlayChoice-10.  You can swap out games.  Does that make it a console?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 01:33:56 pm »
I remember that i also have both Tapwave Zodiac's, and a Gizmondo.

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 01:22:02 am »
I've got quite a few consoles, but I'd have to say the top 3 are my N64DD, Pioneer LaserActive, and a fully boxed Apple Pippin @World.

I see a lot of @Mark systems out there, but rarely see one of the @World, and I don't think I've seen another one with all of the packaging, though I'm sure there are others.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 03:22:04 am »
I've got quite a few consoles, but I'd have to say the top 3 are my N64DD, Pioneer LaserActive, and a fully boxed Apple Pippin @World.

I see a lot of @Mark systems out there, but rarely see one of the @World, and I don't think I've seen another one with all of the packaging, though I'm sure there are others.
Laser Active, nice.

I suspect there are more Sega and Turbo Grafx LD games out there than the internets are aware of.

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 01:10:32 pm »
Yeah, I got it at a thrift store for a ridiculously low price with the sega pac. Didn't find any LD games in the store tho, just LD movies. LD player still works, reads LD and CD fine, but the Sega PAC needs the caps replaced.  :(

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2016, 01:46:55 pm »
Yeah, I got it at a thrift store for a ridiculously low price with the sega pac. Didn't find any LD games in the store tho, just LD movies. LD player still works, reads LD and CD fine, but the Sega PAC needs the caps replaced.  :(

I'm constantly scanning the electronics rack at Savers hoping for a find like that! Good score! Hope you get those caps replaced! I saw somewhere evidence of a Street Fighter Sega LD. Other than the fact it exists I couldn't find anything else about it. It's not on any known LD games list.

pizzasafari

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2016, 08:03:38 am »
I've got a WonderSwan Color, I just got it because it was a Final Fantasy 2 edition and I love Final Fantasy edition anything.

I have a Master System too, which isn't really all that unusual in general but I've never known anyone else in the UK that has a Master System aside from the guy I bought it off.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2016, 05:17:18 pm »

I almost picked up one of these back in Ebay's infancy. Many of the early listings were for models that needed new capacitors, but no one knew at the time and there were no internet sites that talked about it like now.  I wish I would have bought one because now I could fix it like I did a Game Gear.

I don't own a lot of offbeat consoles. Probably my most uncommon ones are Mark III, Game Gear, Sega Master System, Neo Geo AES, Sega CD, and the Famicom Disk System add-on.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

brazbit

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 12:31:19 am »
Nothing too off the wall. Some of these are listed as others have mentioned them despite millions of units existing.

Coleco Adam (Unknown: 95K in 1983, canceled by 1985, high failure/return rate)
Atari Jaguar (<250,000)
Atari Lynx I & II (500K-1 Million depending on source)
Sega Nomad (1 million)
Magnavox Odyssey2 (~2 Million)
Atari 7800 (~3.77 Million)
A working Game Gear (Uncommon) and two that currently don't work (Common) (10.62 Million combined)

Various knock-offs, dedicated systems and such

kashell

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 09:10:58 am »
I've got a WonderSwan Color, I just got it because it was a Final Fantasy 2 edition and I love Final Fantasy edition anything.

I always go back and forth about getting a Wonder Swan Color. Do you think they're worth it? I've played FF and FFII plenty, but I'm sure that there are other games that would be worth a look.

Plus, I think the WSC looks nifty.