Author Topic: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat: which are you more fan of  (Read 1428 times)

lordscott

Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat: which are you more fan of
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:19:21 am »
This is 1 of the rounds of VS of asking fandoms if i choose to or if i thought of good question(s) or seeing which franchise are you more a fan of & such depends if i want to ask it so to the point I'll gladly start first and do the honor I'm more a fan of Street Fighter even though i have 3,4,5 or 6 favorite characters at the most from Mortal Kombat don't get me wrong i still love Mortal Kombat I'm just more a fan of Street Fighter now it's your turn.

Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat: which are you more fan of?

Be honest with us and say which are you more a fan of or just say how you feel and enjoy,have fun and have fun discussing it if you want to discus it :).

doafan

Re: Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat: which are you more fan of
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:08:46 am »
Street Fighter because it was the one that started all the damn fighting industry  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 10:48:56 am »
Didn't this topic come up not long ago?

Cause I know I answered Guilty Gear to this question.

lordscott

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 10:55:21 am »
Didn't this topic come up not long ago?

Cause I know I answered Guilty Gear to this question.

If so can you or anyone send me a link to that question & + it's asking about both Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat just to see which are you more a fan of :).

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:02:21 am »
For the most part I love the Street Fighter series way more than MK. Street Fighter has always been a more deep fighting game with way more complex controls and gameplay that allow for many different play styles. I have also felt it to be a great deal more balanced than MK. While this still holds true to this day, I have way more nostalgia for MK because of how big a deal it was when it first came out, and how awesome the art style and graphics are. Also the fatality system has made MK almost just as iconic as Street Fighter imo. I also fully admit that I like MK9 and MKX more than Street Fighter IV and especially V; the series has really come a long way from it's relatively shallow roots.

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 11:21:00 am »
Street Fighter because it was the one that started all the damn fighting industry  8)

Karate Champ would like a word with you.  ;)

I know. I know. Semantics. It was actually Street Fighter II that caused the fighting game genre to blow up like it did.  :P

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 01:20:43 pm »
Street Fighter. Never was a fan of MK series.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 01:23:33 pm »
Mortal Kombat has a cooler style to it, better character-designs, and a better story.

But Street Fighter has the better gameplay. And in the end, that's the most important thing.

robertoman

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 01:34:01 pm »
I like the both of them a lot but Street Fighter is better in my opinion.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 03:31:04 pm »
I think Street Fighter is a far better game series.  I've never really liked how Mortal Kombat played, especially having a block button.  It's annoying.

azure

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:49 pm »
Guilty Gear.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »
Tekken lol

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 05:28:36 pm »
I like Street Fighter slightly more. :D.  I love Mortal Kombat because me and my brother used to play it every day after school on our Genesis. But street fighter was always a better game with better controls.  Nostalgia pulls me towards mortal kombat because of childhood memories but Street Fighter is a more polished and memorable fighter imo :)

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 06:59:51 pm »
hard to say, I like the earlier Street Fighters and the later Mortal Kombats.

Though, I like Smash Bros. and Soul Calibur more than either of them.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 08:31:52 pm »
At the time I enjoyed both. My uncle owned Street Fighter 2 for snes. My cousin rented Mortal Kombat for Genesis and we played the crap out of it.

Nostalgia wise I (like others) have more attachment to Mortal Kombat. The first and second games specifically.

I think the cheat menu of the Genesis version made the replay value very high. The controversy surrounding the title certainly helped. :)

Mortal Kombat 2 for the snes was pretty epic.

Trilogy for PlayStation was alright finally giving us the ability to play as boss characters without cheats or glitches.

After that Mortal Kombat kinda lost its way for a while.

Once they stopped using digitized people I lost interest.