Author Topic: Should i get Dark Cloud 2 or Klonoa 2?  (Read 2188 times)

Should i get Dark Cloud 2 or Klonoa 2?
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:02:57 pm »
For PS2,  I really want to try both but I am not sure which is better as a whole. Which do you prefer. I am leaning more towards Dark Cloud 2 because it seems like it has more Depth but I am not sure.   :D

azure

Re: Should i get Dark Cloud 2 or Klonoa 2?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:11:02 pm »
Can't speak for Dark Cloud 2, but Klonoa 2 is a great. I honestly prefer it over the first game, but they are both great.

indenton

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »
I adore Klonoa 2, but the thing is that these are two completely different games.  I've heard very good things about Dark Cloud.  As much as I would urge you to jump into Klonoa 2, since you seem like a Zelda person, high-adventure, I think you'll enjoy Dark Cloud a bit more.  (I've only played a demo of the original mind you so I am of no authority to talk about Dark Cloud). 
Can't speak for Dark Cloud 2, but Klonoa 2 is a great. I honestly prefer it over the first game, but they are both great.

Yup, I much prefer Klonoa 2 over the original, more crisp visuals, more gameplay variety, more levels and variations of environments.  Even the remake of the original feels half-asses

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 03:55:03 am »
For PS2,  I really want to try both but I am not sure which is better as a whole. Which do you prefer. I am leaning more towards Dark Cloud 2 because it seems like it has more Depth but I am not sure.   :D

It depends what one is looking for since both are excellent games and totally different.

The main difference aside from the one being a platformer and the other being a game is the content.

Dark cloud 2 has so much content you can easily put 100+ hours in that game while in klonoa 2 I can't imagine even close to half of that.

Furthermore dark cloud 2 has many more things aside from fighting fishing exploring pictures inventions etc etc.

If you want a short experience I should go for klonoa 2, If you want to invest some more time than dark cloud 2 is the better option.

dark cloud 2 is a true time pit one can easily spend 100 + hours in that game to 100% it even the main story only takes a long time.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 09:51:15 am »

It depends what one is looking for since both are excellent games and totally different.

The main difference aside from the one being a platformer and the other being a game is the content.

Dark cloud 2 has so much content you can easily put 100+ hours in that game while in klonoa 2 I can't imagine even close to half of that.

Furthermore dark cloud 2 has many more things aside from fighting fishing exploring pictures inventions etc etc.

If you want a short experience I should go for klonoa 2, If you want to invest some more time than dark cloud 2 is the better option.

dark cloud 2 is a true time pit one can easily spend 100 + hours in that game to 100% it even the main story only takes a long time.

ive never played klonoa2 but I can say the above description for dark cloud 2 is spot on. running through when I was a kid I had a profile with ~150 hours on it and enjoyed every moment of it. building the towns you find is enjoyable, fishing is enjoyable, filling out your photo album is hard but enjoyable, inventing stuff was fun, the golf game was fun but difficult (worse because I tried to get every hole in 2 shots or less), and upgrading your weapons to max was a challenge that younger me found to be worth the grind (I tried to go down every upgrade line which took longer).

they really need to make a DC3
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:57:23 am »
I only played the first couple of hours of Dark Cloud 2, but from what I can tell it looks like it's going to be truly unique adventure. In typical Level 5 fashion, there is a boatload of stuff to do when you're not advancing the story. If you want something to last you a long time, Dark Cloud 2 looks like a good choice.

Klonoa 2 is great. It's a tight platform adventure with an adorable hero and story. It won't last you as long as Dark Cloud 2, but it's still a great time for as long as it lasts.

pizzasafari

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:16:15 pm »
I haven't played Klonoa 2 but I looooooove Dark Chronicle. Dark Cloud 2. Whuddever you want to call it.

I don't know if you've played the first Dark Cloud but Chronicle absolutely blows it out of the water. It's great. I still haven't finished it. I really need to.