Author Topic: Sega saturn pictures dia's What are these?  (Read 2333 times)

sworddude

Sega saturn pictures dia's What are these?
« on: October 14, 2016, 10:38:30 am »
So i came across these

Does anybody know what these are

Seem like old photo's pretty dark without light

I have no clue anyone?

panzer dragoon
virtua fighter
daytona
sega saturn console
sega saturn logo

Your Stylish Sword Master!

indenton

Re: Sega saturn pictures dia's What are these?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 11:51:02 am »
Projector slides?  Two of these games happen to be launch titles for the Sega Saturn, seeing as there's an image of the console maybe it was being used for commercial means, maybe like a display kiosk for the console's games.  Just throwing out ideas...

Looks like 2121/02 is missing, I wonder what game that could have been 

How did you get hold of these? 

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:05:08 pm »
Projector slides?  Two of these games happen to be launch titles for the Sega Saturn, seeing as there's an image of the console maybe it was being used for commercial means, maybe like a display kiosk for the console's games.  Just throwing out ideas...

Looks like 2121/02 is missing, I wonder what game that could have been 

How did you get hold of these?

Some collector got rid of his random Nintendo sega non game collectibles for really cheap prices.

they were a couple 2-3 euro's each

Also bought a black gamecube box with all the contents inlay and plastics in excellent shape for 7,50 and a memory card 259 MB box with inlay's and unused stickers for 3

Unfortunately I missed out on the posters wich were 20 Large ninendo sized ones for only 7,50 Some really neat ones including F zero etc.

The sega saturn photo's Seem cool to have for that cheap.

More of a side deal since I managed to complete my zelda cdi collection for nothing this week was pretty lucky.

That aside the missing one could be night into dreams but I don't know
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 12:23:53 pm by sworddude »

indenton

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 01:17:57 pm »
Some collector got rid of his random Nintendo sega non game collectibles for really cheap prices.

Also bought a black gamecube box with all the contents inlay and plastics in excellent shape for 7,50 and a memory card 259 MB box with inlay's and unused stickers for 3

Unfortunately I missed out on the posters wich were 20 Large ninendo sized ones for only 7,50 Some really neat ones including F zero etc.

More of a side deal since I managed to complete my zelda cdi collection for nothing this week was pretty lucky.

Not sure if they'd be valuable or anything, but I've certainly never seen anything like it.  You'll have to see if you can get hold of a magnifying glass and a torch at some point.  See if you can get a better look at those slides! 

A complete Zelda CDi collection?  Sorry Marth, I can't give credit

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 04:57:39 pm »

Not sure if they'd be valuable or anything, but I've certainly never seen anything like it.  You'll have to see if you can get hold of a magnifying glass and a torch at some point.  See if you can get a better look at those slides! 

A complete Zelda CDi collection?  Sorry Marth, I can't give credit

True the games are pretty crappy

But i like the art work on the covers especially the link one and they are zelda games so I had to get them someday.

At least I don't have to spend 200- 300 + on a zelda's adventure cdi or 50- 60 + on the best versions of the zelda and link one here in europe, and that's still a nice deal at those prices. Excellent deals but such terrible games with nice art work  :)

It's a pretty grim day if a cdi title is the most expensive game in the collection  :o
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:59:29 pm by sworddude »

theflea

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »
They are slides to use for promotional purposes. Used to transfer screen shots and pictures to newspapers & magazines.
I used to get those all the time when I reviewed games.
Nowadays they send a disc with screen shots but back in the 90s they sent slides with their promotional packs.

I think I threw most of those away back in the day, kinda wish I held on to them now.  :P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:59:22 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 02:21:26 pm »
They are slides to use for promotional purposes. Used to transfer screen shots and pictures to newspapers & magazines.
Nowadays they send a disc with screen shots but back in the 90s they sent slides with their promotional packs.

I think I threw most of those away back in the day, kinda wish I held on to them now.  :P

I think I'll only keep the panzer dragoon one

But you were a game reviewer back in the day.

Was that your job? Were you hired by the company, how did they choose you.

Nowadays it seems like allot of well known youtubers are game reviewers for publicity. Might be wrong but that's what my guess is.

theflea

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 07:54:59 am »

Nowadays it seems like allot of well known youtubers are game reviewers for publicity. Might be wrong but that's what my guess is.

I wrote reviews for a website. (it's no longer around) I started by writing a newsletter that I made for fun and emailed it to people who wanted it. Well someone saw it and I was offered a "job" to write reviews but the only payment was free games. My brother also wrote reviews for a local newspaper. At first we only had maybe three companies sending us games but then we went to several E3's and talked to every PR person that would talk to us. After a while we where getting more games then we could review. The only company that wouldn't send us games was Nintendo, they only offered "loaner copies" So Nintendo didn't get much reviews from us. lol
I still recall talking to the game programmers while playing an early beta of the game and telling them pointers to make it better then sometimes seeing those ideas used when the final game came out. I miss that. lol

I only stopped because about the mid 2000's the economy was getting bad and the game companies started being picky who got review copies of games and we didn't make the cut. The website wasn't that big. Only the big sites and publications got free products. So I quit doing it. I was only doing it for the free games. I wasn't getting paid after all. lol
I did get offers from other web pages to write for them but it was always free work and the sites where never big enough to get game companies to send me review copies.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:00:14 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:39 am »

I wrote reviews for a website. (it's no longer around) I started by writing a newsletter that I made for fun and emailed it to people who wanted it. Well someone saw it and I was offered a "job" to write reviews but the only payment was free games. My brother also wrote reviews for a local newspaper. At first we only had maybe three companies sending us games but then we went to several E3's and talked to every PR person that would talk to us. After a while we where getting more games then we could review. The only company that wouldn't send us games was Nintendo, they only offered "loaner copies" So Nintendo didn't get much reviews from us. lol
I still recall talking to the game programmers while playing an early beta of the game and telling them pointers to make it better then sometimes seeing those ideas used when the final game came out. I miss that. lol

I only stopped because about the mid 2000's the economy was getting bad and the game companies started being picky who got review copies of games and we didn't make the cut. The website wasn't that big. Only the big sites and publications got free products. So I quit doing it. I was only doing it for the free games. I wasn't getting paid after all. lol
I did get offers from other web pages to write for them but it was always free work and the sites where never big enough to get game companies to send me review copies.

never knew thanks for sharing.