Author Topic: Buying the same series across multiple platforms, yay or nay?  (Read 691 times)

Warmsignal

Buying the same series across multiple platforms, yay or nay?
« on: October 17, 2016, 12:49:35 pm »
Say that a multi-plat game comes out across several plaftorms. You go with the PlayStation version, does it bother you to then pick up the sequel or further installments for Xbox, or Nintendo, instead of the console you've started buying the series for? I'm sort of struggling with this, on occasion. Sometimes it's just easier to find stuff across platforms instead of all on one. But at the same time, you can't keep the games together because the unwritten rule is you must organize your games by console. It's a really petty thing, it annoys me a lot.

What do you say? Pick up whatever version is most convenient, or try to get the whole series all on the same platform?

azure

Re: Buying the same series across multiple platforms, yay or nay?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:52:52 pm »
I usually research which version is the best port. If this isn't the case it really depends, some games I prefer on certain systems.

drshavargo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:10:21 pm »
Personally, it comes down to which system I'll enjoy playing the game on more. I can't disagree more with "unwritten rule is you must organize your games by console". At the end of the day, it's your collection, and comes down to your preference.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:08 pm »
Whatever is cheapest without compromising too much.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 03:29:48 pm »
It should be about which system will provide you with the most enjoyment. If that means dipping into consoles across the spectrum, then so be it.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 03:31:38 pm »
I prefer to get them all on the same platform.  I always hope games do like Mass Effect and port your previous saves to the next game, even though rarely do games do this.

But a lot of times I just get what I can get it for and just not worry about it.