Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 250943 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1350 on: April 24, 2019, 07:31:50 am »
Hello and welcome.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1351 on: April 24, 2019, 06:11:19 pm »
Hello and welcome to vgc

« Reply #1352 on: April 25, 2019, 10:33:48 am »
New here.
Have a fairly small library that's filled with gems and some big boys. I pretty much go for quality but i like to experiment too.
Pretty much only Nintendo; Gameboy/Color/Advance, DS, N64, GC & Wii, so all the stuff i grew up with.
I'll poke my head around the topics and updating my library so take a look.

ysssk

« Reply #1353 on: June 27, 2019, 01:41:02 pm »
Been Here awhile, but never said anything about myself.
I'm James
Living in Kentucky USA
Artist and craftsman by trade
(Just ask if anyone wants a link to see my stuff)

Mainly Collect NA PS2, but dabble with the PS3 collection.
Trying for a red set and it's been a bit trying to find them complete.
I tend to go over the database and send error fixes a lot (Sorry about that,
but i'm a bit particular, Hope i dont create TOO much work)
~J
The Smiling Bandit Strikes again HAHAHAHAHA

« Reply #1354 on: September 11, 2019, 10:22:37 pm »
Hey Guys. Buff Elvis here. Found this site while searching for a way to better keep track of my collection. And Just got to say this site is great!! I am 26 years old and currently located in Idaho. I've had a lot of consoles and hundreds of games through the years but sadly had to sell my collection before I moved here. So over the last couple of years I've been rebuilding my collection. This site has been a life saver!!!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1355 on: September 14, 2019, 02:00:34 pm »
Welcome folks! 
Good to see new faces around here.
Y’all enjoy the community. These are good folks.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1356 on: September 15, 2019, 08:05:58 pm »
Welcome.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1357 on: November 13, 2019, 02:59:10 pm »
Hey Guys. Buff Elvis here. Found this site while searching for a way to better keep track of my collection. And Just got to say this site is great!! I am 26 years old and currently located in Idaho. I've had a lot of consoles and hundreds of games through the years but sadly had to sell my collection before I moved here. So over the last couple of years I've been rebuilding my collection. This site has been a life saver!!!

Welcome to VGcollect!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #1358 on: November 23, 2019, 06:34:14 am »
New here.

Sup y'all?

:)

kashell

« Reply #1359 on: November 24, 2019, 11:19:49 am »
Welcome to the site!

« Reply #1360 on: December 12, 2019, 10:29:56 am »
Hey fellow gamer dudes and dudettes (I will never say that again.)

So, first I guess I should tell you my name.  I'm Shawn.  I'm 37 years old, I have high (very high)functioing Aspbergers, and I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember. 

My first system was the NES.  Well, okay, if I'm being honest, it was actually an old pong thing, but I have little to no memory of it.  Just that it only worked if you flicked it on and off a few times first.  But the first game I truly remember playing is Duck Hunt.

Despite this, I didn't have a happy life.  My dad was an asshole and mom and I had to endure him for 35 years.  I'm not going to go into to much detail (I don't mind, it's just too much to post here and I feel it's too off-topic)  So gaming always gave me an escape.  But every old game I didn't play anymore would be sold.   We didn't know better back then.  And then in 2005 we had a house fire.  Most of my games survived thanks to my storage system, but every other valuable object we had needed to be tossed out.  (My Mighty Max and Masters of the Universe collection, sadly, was part of that trash heap.  Including Snake Mountain)

My mom passed away in 2017.  I think after realizing what dad had been doing to us all these years, she lost the will to go on.  Doctors took her off life support and she died 5 days later.  I was evicted from the family home when my dad's attorneys decided they needed to sell it to pay for his medical treatments.  So for a year I was living in a cheap hotel.  I didn't get to keep much, but my games were fortunately allowed to come with me.  Finally, I was granted an apartment in a nice state funded community where I currently reside.

I am now on the path to mental health recovery, and it's a very long one.  I hold no illusions that it will be easy, and will slip into despair often, so to keep myself focused, I decided to make it my personal goal to collect as many old games and hardware as I can.  I always loved seeing those features in gaming magazines about collectors who have an entire room of the house dedicated to classic games.  I loved the pictures of Atari, Nintendo, and Sega cartridges sitting on shelves along the walls.  I won't lie, I may have drooled a little. 

I am a beginner, and while I am pretty knowledgeable, I am willing to learn more.  Are there any specific places that I can look for older games/systems?  I know about garage sales, but they're pretty sparse in the winter ;)  There is also a pawn shop with a handful of classics nearby.  But I like to have different leads.

I am so happy to have found this site.  I'm mostly using it as a makeshift list to remind myself of what I have/don't have.  Therefore everything is getting wishlisted.  Oh, I do want to ask, should I add homebrews?  I know they're made by regular people and therefore unique, but are there any I should look out for?  I've mostly just been adding the ones that look like fun.

I am staying away from computer systems like the Apple II for now.  I just don't have the desire or, let's face it, the space to keep them.  Same with Arcade cabinets.  PC games are also off my radar (for now).  When I move into a nicer space, that will probably change.

That's the gist of it, my story, what I want to do, etc.  I look forward to meeting everyone!

OH!!!  Wait, one last thing!  Okay, so while I do not have the money right now, I am fully planning to get the gold cart 1990 Championship cartridge for the NES.  I can hear you laughing right now.  Yes, you.  Stop it.  After what I've gotten away from, I feel nothing is impossible.  Among those that have one, whether they bought it off the winner, or are the winner themselves, I figure at least one of them would be willing to sell for the right price.

tripredacus

« Reply #1361 on: December 12, 2019, 12:34:09 pm »
Oh, I do want to ask, should I add homebrews?

Homebrews that are actually sold as a physical item. We do not track roms in the database. Also, entries for homemade items is not permitted either.

Welcome to VGCollect!  :)

« Reply #1362 on: February 02, 2020, 08:40:39 pm »
Hello my name is JD and I am 35 years old. I live in the complete middle of nowhere in southern Illinois.Second cornfield to the left. U.S. You know the type of place that has no game stores in a 30 mile radius and few outside of that. The perfect place for a collector..However it does afford me to be the first and sometimes only person to ask about, see, and buy from yard sales attics and other places of hidden treasure in my area. I collect and for just about every console post Atari. Although my favorites are...all the things... Now even though my semi advanced age would suggest I've used a lot of forums in the past. I have not and I worry about posting threads that have already been posted, because I didn't see the info I needed. Sorry in advance to that one guy who absolutely freaks out when that happens. There is always at least one. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

pzeke

« Reply #1363 on: February 02, 2020, 09:09:19 pm »

Welcome to the forums. While definitely not the first new member of 2020, you're certainly the first to make an introduction, so it's nice to see a new face around here.

Anyway, as long as you don't break anything, go wild. Enjoy your stay.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

aliensstudios

« Reply #1364 on: February 03, 2020, 07:47:49 pm »
Welcome gamewarden! Hope you enjoy your time here.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."