Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252182 times)

dondetti

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1140 on: August 04, 2015, 06:53:58 pm »
Thought I'd drop by and say hello. I'm from Germany, 28. I started out at an early age in around '92/'93 with the C64, SNES, Mega Drive and Game Boy, continued later on with the PSX and N64, GC and a bit of PS2 and Wii then. Only played a few older PC/DOS or Amiga titles back then. The 16/32/64 bitters are still my main interest to this day though I occassionally check out new major titles and indies as well. I do plan on expanding on my NES and C64 stuff though.

During my teens I had a silly moment and sold a sizeable chunk of my SNES collection for peanuts. Then I got seriously into vinyl & demo tape collecting and other music related stuff which consumed most of my disposable incoming for over 12 years. Means I checked up on games very sparsely most of the time. A couple of months ago my old love somehow was revived again and I painfully bought those childhood games back as well as PSX ones of which I only had burnt copies of (yeah who didn't do this?). Most of these weren't very rare or really expensive titles, but compared to what I sold them for it hurt quite a bit...

Well and by thinking - if I already catalogued my music collection on the net, why not do the same with my game stuff - I found this place and signed up some weeks ago. Anyway, I think I really like this forum and hope my english isn't too off-putting for the appearantly mostly american based people here (I'm trying!). Cheers!
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
To the horrid spooky devil
That's a voyage to Hell

Games: https://vgcollect.com/dondetti
Music: https://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/parabellum

telly

« Reply #1141 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:55 pm »
Thought I'd drop by and say hello. I'm from Germany, 28. I started out at an early age in around '92/'93 with the C64, SNES, Mega Drive and Game Boy, continued later on with the PSX and N64, GC and a bit of PS2 and Wii then. Only played a few older PC/DOS or Amiga titles back then. The 16/32/64 bitters are still my main interest to this day though I occassionally check out new major titles and indies as well. I do plan on expanding on my NES and C64 stuff though.

During my teens I had a silly moment and sold a sizeable chunk of my SNES collection for peanuts. Then I got seriously into vinyl & demo tape collecting and other music related stuff which consumed most of my disposable incoming for over 12 years. Means I checked up on games very sparsely most of the time. A couple of months ago my old love somehow was revived again and I painfully bought those childhood games back as well as PSX ones of which I only had burnt copies of (yeah who didn't do this?). Most of these weren't very rare or really expensive titles, but compared to what I sold them for it hurt quite a bit...

Well and by thinking - if I already catalogued my music collection on the net, why not do the same with my game stuff - I found this place and signed up some weeks ago. Anyway, I think I really like this forum and hope my english isn't too off-putting for the appearantly mostly american based people here (I'm trying!). Cheers!

Welcome to the site/ forums! I personally think your English is really good, would have never guessed you weren't from an English speaking country! :P
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:25:50 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

stealthrush

« Reply #1142 on: August 07, 2015, 01:40:25 am »

Hey welcome aboard, I too recently joined myself.

I can relate to most of your introduction;

I'm 27 from United States. Also started out playing at an early age, around 1990 with the MS-DOS, NES, eventually SNES and Game Boy Pocket continued with SAT and PSX, never cared for N64 (still dont) PS2, GC, and a bit of X360. Im also fond of 16/32 and 8-bit era games. At one point during my childhood my friend literally gave me his entire SNES collection of loose cartridges, around 45 or so. I eventually traded them in, or sold them which I also regretted. As for burnt copies I had/have many and which took up most of my time around 2004-2009 playing copied games for Sega Saturn and Sony PlayStation. Decided to buy actual games for those consoles 2013-Present since I wore down my lens from reading poor quality CD-R in time.

dondetti

« Reply #1143 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:19 pm »
Welcome to the site/ forums! I personally think your English is really good, would have never guessed you weren't from an English speaking country! :P

Thanks! Well I never had much real life exchange so I don't really know if my english is maybe weird or something.

I'm 27 from United States. Also started out playing at an early age, around 1990 with the MS-DOS, NES, eventually SNES and Game Boy Pocket continued with SAT and PSX, never cared for N64 (still dont) PS2, GC, and a bit of X360. Im also fond of 16/32 and 8-bit era games. At one point during my childhood my friend literally gave me his entire SNES collection of loose cartridges, around 45 or so. I eventually traded them in, or sold them which I also regretted. As for burnt copies I had/have many and which took up most of my time around 2004-2009 playing copied games for Sega Saturn and Sony PlayStation. Decided to buy actual games for those consoles 2013-Present since I wore down my lens from reading poor quality CD-R in time.

A lot of people trade in stuff and regret it later and like I said, pirating was rampant as it was super easy to do so yeah I think we are in good company :).
Maybe take a peek at some N64 games though. I know its graphics look super ugly for the most part today but there are still some gems. Rare had its peak time and released a lot of enjoyable games that are still fun today. Blast Corps f.ex. stood the test of time amazingly well IMO! Also there is the awesome Doom spin off if you enjoy old fashioned FPSs with an intense atmosphere. And both Zelda games & Mario 64 of course.
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
That's a voyage to Hell

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1144 on: August 07, 2015, 03:30:23 pm »

I'm 27 from United States. Also started out playing at an early age, around 1990
Overstatement on the early age  :o

And welcome everyone. Good to see more Europeans.

dondetti

« Reply #1145 on: August 08, 2015, 05:54:41 am »
Re: early age. I kind of remember pissing myself because I could not figure out how to pause the game in Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts to go take a leak. Mom was super angry of course ;). We both took turns on Super Metroid and beat it together though - I was good at most bosses but Crocomire and both self destruction countdowns made me freak out completely so these were her professions. Good times :)
I can you only chance
You need spell your soul
That's a voyage to Hell

« Reply #1146 on: October 02, 2015, 05:25:56 pm »
Hey, I'm Eli, or gitaroo! I'm a bit on the younger side, but I've been seriously collecting since I was 15. I'm a huge fan of fighting games, JRPG's, and rhythm games and you can definitely see that in my collection. Besides collecting games, I also collect figures and other merch. My collection is at MFC: gamagooru

My top 10 favorite games are probably Persona 4, No More Heroes, Gitaroo Man, any BEMANI game, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Street Fighter, E.X. Troopers, and Kirby Super Star.

On the more professional and personal side, I'm going to school to become a freelance graphic designer. I used to be a huge music major, but after 6 years, including 5 years of going to an arts school, I decided it wasn't really my thing. Speaking of music, I'm also super interested in music production and management.
I hope to post more here, as well as get to know some of you guys!  :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:31:57 pm by gitaroo »

3DS FC: 3394 - 4954 - 1426 (please message me if you add me!)
Wii U: digicults
MyFigureCollection: gamagooru

davifus

« Reply #1147 on: October 02, 2015, 06:02:08 pm »
Hey, I'm Eli, or gitaroo! I'm a bit on the younger side, but I've been seriously collecting since I was 15. I'm a huge fan of fighting games, JRPG's, and rhythm games and you can definitely see that in my collection. Besides collecting games, I also collect figures and other merch. My collection is at MFC: gamagooru

My top 10 favorite games are probably Persona 4, No More Heroes, Gitaroo Man, any BEMANI game, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Street Fighter, E.X. Troopers, and Kirby Super Star.

On the more professional and personal side, I'm going to school to become a freelance graphic designer. I used to be a huge music major, but after 6 years, including 5 years of going to an arts school, I decided it wasn't really my thing. Speaking of music, I'm also super interested in music production and management.
I hope to post more here, as well as get to know some of you guys!  :D

Welcome to vgc
Wooeee that's a lot figures. I only got like 10-15 atm and 5-7 ordered. 

Great game p4. I been listening to the reincarnation album for p4 lately so jazzy.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1148 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:15 pm »
Hey guys, figured I would do one of these things finally. Just got into this forum thing.

I'm Mike. I'm 23 from New York City. I'm in the Navy right now in Connecticut. I started playing with my brother's copy of the original Zelda. Eventually I got a Gameboy and got hooked in by Pokemon Red/Blue. Since then I loved almost all handhelds. I have a hectic collection of whatever I feel like getting at the time. I mostly stay in the Sony or handheld areas for now. I look forward to getting to know some more of you guys around here. Cheers!

abe

« Reply #1149 on: October 06, 2015, 07:27:07 am »
Welcome new people!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #1150 on: October 06, 2015, 08:12:44 am »
Welcome to both lisitsa and gitaroo!

@lisitsa: You're in the Navy now? Thanks for all of your service.

@gitaroo: Gitaroo Man is a fantastic game; I'm digging your username!

« Reply #1151 on: December 11, 2015, 04:10:44 am »
Howdy! I'm new, had been looking for a nice way to catalog my collection and this site offers just that :)

Been gaming since I was three, starting with the good old C64 but I was never much of a collector for the most part. I committed just about every sin known to collectors; sold my old consoles when I got new ones, sold the guts of my PS2 library to buy a 360, and regularly traded in games to get new ones. I'd say I started collecting about three years ago when I realised I'd stopped trading in games and had amassed about 80 titles for my 360 which was console of choice; around that time I also decided I wanted a handheld, something I hadn't owned for years so I asked for a 3DS for Xmas. The following year I re-bought a PSP, got a PS3, replaced my broken PS2 and started buying games for the Wii that was collecting dust in the family room. I haven't looked back since :) I'm not a hardcore collector in that I have no plans for a complete SNES library for example (I don't currently own a single SNES cart :D); I more so stick to collecting for series/franchises that I love, in particular RPGs.

So yeah, happy to be here :)

rayne315

« Reply #1152 on: December 11, 2015, 01:44:46 pm »
Welcome kmacdw!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #1153 on: January 08, 2016, 01:41:23 am »
  Hello! Retro gamer living in Japan. I am originally from New York. My collection thus far includes games from Famicom, Super Famicom, GB, GBA, Virtual Boy (Finally found one boxed, working, and at a good price), Sega Genesis, SS, PCE(turbo gfx), Playstation, and Playstation 2. I do have games after that and play current gen as well but wont include those (everything non xbox basically). Since I live in Japan obviously my collection is all Japanese releases! Although I do have my old SNES games and such back home but thats all boxed up in NY :(.

Hope to start adding my collection to the database soon which is going to take a long time! My famicom collection is probably my largest collection but I find more for super famicom and ps2 more now a days. Sifting through the same pachinko games and repeats got tiring for famicom haha.

If there are any other collectors based here in Japan let me know =D 宜しくお願いします!

rayne315

« Reply #1154 on: January 08, 2016, 01:35:46 pm »
welcome DownTimeJapan!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2