Author Topic: What are some of the worst games you own?  (Read 7903 times)

What are some of the worst games you own?
« on: October 30, 2016, 11:36:35 am »
What are some of the games in your collection that are so awful you will most likely never play them but somehow they are still in your collection?  lol.   :D

Mine is Sammy Sosa Softball Slam lol. :)   Let's all laugh at it's expense.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:38:53 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: What are some of the worst games you own?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
DT Racer (PS2)
Superman (N64)
Tranformers Beast Wars Transmetals (N64)

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 12:28:27 pm »
Probably Superman for N64. I do echnically own some FMV games for the Sega CD that I've removed from my collection, which in my opinion are some of the worst ideas ever pressed to a disc.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 01:01:41 pm »
Toxic Crusaders - NES
Other than being related to the Troma universe there is nothing redeeming about this game.

Vector Racing - 3DS eShop
A slow and frankly boring racing game with awful design, and because of the wireframe visuals the stereoscopic effect on the 3DS is not even noticeable.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:54:07 pm by badATchaos »

realpoketendonl

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 01:09:46 pm »
I have a few really bad DSiWare games, like Snakenoid, System Flaw: Recruit and WarioWare: Snapped.

I have plenty of DSiWare titles, but these three really stick out in my mind as the worst ones by far. Snakenoid is incredibly monotonous and pretty tedious, and System Flaw: Recruit and WarioWare: Snapped! are just straight up broken and borderline unplayable.

Another downloadable title that comes to mind is the WiiWare game Bloons.

Easily the most tedious and frustrating game on here. The goals are WAY too strict and hard to get, especially for a game like this (I can't even get past level 2!), and the overall gameplay isn't fun in the slightest. Even the free Flash version is WAY better than this pile of garbage.

One retail title that immediately comes to mind is Game Party for Wii.

Without a doubt the worst Wii game I own by far. Essentially a minigame collection, but a bad one in every way. It's mainly hampered by it's controls. The only game that controls OK is the Trivia game (which is just point-and-click). All the other games control awfully. The controls are incredibly unresponsive in general, and range from too stiff on games like basketball to too twitchy on games like table tennis. Other games like ping cups and darts are frustrating because no matter what you do you'll never hit where you aim (darts often land on the other side of the board). To top it all off, apart from the games being bad, there are so few games in there that you'll be shutting it down and booting up something else in 15 minutes tops, because by then you would've tried out every game on there. Sure, the minigames have unlockable extra modes, and PAGES of Avatars to unlock (rather than, oh I dunno, USE MIIS), but who cares when the games aren't fun to play? When your minigame collection is so bad I consider booting up Wii Music again instead, then you know you've reached a low point. Definitely the worst retail game in my collection.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 01:24:23 pm »
For me it's probably the PS2 games that came with the ebay bundle for the PS2 Slim that I bought. Mountain Bike Adrenaline and Monster Jam. They were probably decent, maybe, probably not, back when they were more modern, but now they are fairly unplayable for me. Monster Jam isn't terrible really, but compared to Monster Truck Madness I used to play on PC, it's got little stand impress with. Probably won't last in my collection though they aren't really worth anything.

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 01:25:21 pm »
I try to steer clear of crappy games, but even I myself have fallen privy to a few pretty cruddy games
Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots

The game itself isn't awful but the co-op mode ALWAYS freezes. Apparently it does on everyone's Wii copy from what I've researched.
Ninjabread Man

This is one of the most objectively awful games ever, it's got three levels and it took maybe two hours to beat 100%, but I have a soft spot for this mediocre pile, that's why it remains in my collection
Mario Party 10

I might get some hate comments for this, but it's just a mediocre cash grab in my opinion. The game's winners feels completely randomized and the boards and mini games are pretty uninteresting to boot. If I didn't think I was going to go for a complete Wii U collection someday, I'd sell it.
Starsky & Hutch

It's just not a very good game. It might do something for you if you're a fan of the tv show and movie but overall it's a pretty bad game. The only reason I keep it is because it's not worth anything. I might just donate it, as I often do with games I don't like.
Stargate

The movie sucked, so does the game. Need I say more?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 01:41:26 pm »
Probably this:
http://vgcollect.com/item/47203

To be fair, it's not really game, it's a programming tool. But yeah, it just generates colors. It's pretty rare, that's about it's only redeeming quality.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 05:27:52 pm »
Official releases only?

In my case, "King Neptune's Adventure" for the NES. It's awful.
André Pinheiro de Souza
-----------------------------------------------------
www.vgcollect.com/andrepsouza
www.instagram.com/apinheirosouza
www.linkedin.com/in/apinheirosouza

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 05:39:12 pm »
I've got tons of them as I'll actually buy horrible titles just to say I have them.

I've got great games such as:

SNES:
Mario is Missing
Shaq-Fu

N64:
Superman
Blues Bros. 2000

GCN:
Aquaman
Finding Nemo
Legends of Wrestling II

Wii:
101 in 1 party Megamix
Birthday Party Bash
Bratz: The Movie
Iron Chef America: Extreme Cuisine
M&M's Kart Racing
Pirates Plundarrr
Wordjong Party

GBA:
Polly Pocket: Super Splash Island

Xbox 360:
Attack of the Movies 3-D
Barbie Puppy Rescue
Bomberman: Act Zero
Cars: Race-O-Rama
Hannah Montana
Monster High: New Ghoul in School
Farming Simulator
Madagascar Kartz
Pimp My Ride

Xbox One:
Duck Dynasty

I'm still missing the best worst game out there though: Captain Novolin for the SNES. It's an absolute garbage platformer about a superhero whose only power is super-diabetes.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
Probably Superman for N64. I do echnically own some FMV games for the Sega CD that I've removed from my collection, which in my opinion are some of the worst ideas ever pressed to a disc.

If you are interested in selling those fmv games let me know in pm. :)

My worst games according to the internet:

Night Trap - 3DO
Dr. Jekkyl & Mr. Hyde - famicom
Superman 64 - N64
Shaq-fu - SNES

Actual worst games I own in my personal opinion:
Hell - 3DO
Brain dead 13 - 3DO
Chuck Norris Superkicks - Colecovision
Heart of the Alien (Out of this World Parts I&2) - Sega CD

Hmmmm, what else...

*runs off to go check*
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 06:09:44 pm by dashv »

azure

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »
Only one that comes to mind is Super Man 64, don't even know how it came into my collection.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 07:13:38 pm »
GB
Mouse Trap Hotel
Simpsons Bart VS the Juggernaut
Gba
The Bible Game
I Spy Challenger
Quad Desert Fury
Rugrats Go Wild
Tak 2
Gbc
Billy Bob's Huntin n Fishin
Godzilla the Series
NBA in the Zone
Rugrats Time Traveler
Rampage World Tour
N64
Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
DS
To many to mention
PS1
Armorines Project Swarm
WWF Attitude
PS2
The Bible Game
Yu Gi Oh Duelist of the Roses
Wii
To many to mention

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 08:33:29 pm »
I loved Bart vs the juggernauts.

Harder than piss though! (But I've beaten it)

indenton

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 10:36:30 pm »
I picked up Crash Boom Bang recently, I only played it briefly many years ago but I vividly remember being quite confused.  Man, it actually upsets me how bad it is.  Easily one of the worst games I've played in a while, especially considering it's part of a long running franchise.