Author Topic: What are some of the worst games you own?  (Read 7902 times)

spac316

Re: What are some of the worst games you own?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 06:27:57 pm »
I have a few bad wrestling games that I got for the sake of my wrestling collection. Games like WWF Wrestlemania and M.U.S.CL.E. for NES.

doafan

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »
Would like to say that none but the true is that I own two of these bastards being the first one Athena for the NES and Mighty No. 9 for the 360  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 12:44:04 pm »
Most the games that I think are outright bad, I usually quickly trade away. So I really don't have any.

But I do have games that I thoroughly enjoy, that others think are bad. Games like Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Viking: Battle For Asgard, King's Field, Super Mario Bros. 2 (U.S.), and others.

doafan

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 02:00:44 pm »
But I do have games that I thoroughly enjoy, that others think are bad. Games like Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Viking: Battle For Asgard, King's Field, Super Mario Bros. 2 (U.S.), and others.

Can I say Wait and What also Why ?, I know the thread mention the worst games and you got this opinion about SMB2 which of course is valid but the gameplay of this title isn't that bad, not if you compare this one with Athena which not only the gameplay but also the hit detection, the music and the stages totally suck, that's why I asked the first three questions  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 02:02:51 pm »

Can I say Wait and What also Why ?, I know the thread mention the worst games and you got this opinion about SMB2 which of course is valid but the gameplay of this title isn't that bad, not if you compare this one with Athena which not only the gameplay but also the hit detection, the music and the stages totally suck, that's why I asked the first three questions  ;D

Re-read that sentence. I don't think it's bad. Other people do.

doafan

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 02:17:10 pm »
Damn it was my mistake, that's what happens when someone is at work and it's supposed to be working not writing  :P

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2017, 08:06:59 pm »
Mighty Number 9 Wii U version

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 05:59:24 pm »
Before you read any further, I have barely games that I don't like because I only buy games if I'm relatively confident I'll enjoy them.

But one of the least favourite games I own that comes to mind is Red Dead Redemption. Probably wouldn't say it's a bad game, more just mediocre. However I'm not kidding I when I say I think it's the most overrated game ever. Poor shooting and controls, awkward lighting in some areas, excruciating cow herding missions, few characters I gave a damn about Finally I couldn't care about John reuniting with his family throughout the story because I had never seen them so I had no attachment to them, and John didn't seem to either. And when you do finally meet them they're not particularly likable. I could go on, but the real kicker is that everyone seems to think this is a masterpiece.

aliensstudios

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 06:07:02 pm »
I bought Hong Kong 97 at a con over the summer. It's pretty bad but so entertaining I kind of like it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

abe

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 08:11:45 am »
The Da Vinci Code on the PS2. It's so awful I like to pretend I don't own it, so it's not catalogued in my VGC and it's hidden away in a closet somewhere in my house. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

shfan

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 08:45:30 am »
Most the games that I think are outright bad, I usually quickly trade away. So I really don't have any.

Ditto, gaming stuff you don't want is gaming stuff you do want when traded in.

One title which I hate, I'd sooner have a tooth extracted via my bum than play it again, is Call of Cthulu on the Xbox. It's collectible and it's horror so I wanted to keep it in my collection, but I couldn't do that (at least I thought not) without having beaten it, even though first impressions were that it was poo. God, hair-pullingly awful it was. Still, managed it, kept it.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 09:20:41 am »
The Da Vinci Code on the PS2. It's so awful I like to pretend I don't own it, so it's not catalogued in my VGC and it's hidden away in a closet somewhere in my house. :'(
I have this game too I have never played it so I didnt know it was that bad.  Good thing it was only 1$ lol.

rayne315

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 05:05:09 pm »
I have this game too I have never played it so I didnt know it was that bad.  Good thing it was only 1$ lol.
is it as bad as lost: Via Domus? that game was terrible nothing fun really happened to keep your attention. in the first 10-20 minutes of the game the slow moving lost sign happens no joke like 10 times and you cant skip it. Controls were bad, voice acting was bad. it was one of the most linear games that had potential for open world I have ever seen. just feels like a cash grab by ubisoft.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:08:52 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2017, 09:26:24 pm »
SpinDrive PingPong lol I haven't played it in SO long but in my memories it's barely playable!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 05:25:37 pm »
Jaws

Karate Kid
Road Runner's Death Valley Rally

I know this is an opinion thread; but I take a little issue with some of your choices, especially Jaws. Jaws is not a bad game. It's simplistic and repetitive, but not bad. The controls are responsive, the sound fitting, and the graphics are on par with the average NES game. It's not the best game on the system, but it's definitely not bad.

The other two? I just have a soft spot for Karate Kid and Road Runner.  ;)

Well, when compared to the other games I own, these are some of the worst. Like others have stated in the thread, I tend to stay away from bad games and a number of the bad ones I own were not bought by me (for example, Heroes of the Lance was a gift).
Both Jaws and KK are, IMO, exceptionally mediocre.

And I included Death Valley Rally because it is among the most frustrating games I own. And believe me, I wanted so much to like it and gave it chance after chance. It has great graphics and presentation, but in addition to iffy hit detection, it has among the worst level design I've ever encountered, sucking all the fun out and making it a chore to play.