Author Topic: Any particular game series you are trying to complete a collection of?  (Read 5641 times)

kashell

Re: Any particular game series you are trying to complete a collection of?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 08:52:15 am »
I have a humble little Klonoa collection, right now I'm missing 'Empire of Dreams' for GBA and 'Moonlight Museum' for WonderSwan

Empire of Dreams is really fun. I think it's better than Dream Champ Tournament. Klonoa is a great, underrated series. The sad thing is I didn't know much about it until I saw Presea's Klonoa costume in Tales of Symphonia.

Some series that I'd like to fully complete are the SaGa series, Kirby series and the Atelier series. As far as NA localizations go, I'm about with all of them. Sometimes I go back and forth with import titles, but I'm pretty content with their completeness.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:10:57 pm by kashell »

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 10:16:06 am »
After Burner and Daytona USA have historically been the ones I try to look for. I took some time off from it tho.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 01:43:14 pm »
Resident Evil. I only need Outbreak 1 & 2, RE: Gaiden, and Operation Raccoon City to complete it.

And Metroid. I really am only missing the pinball one, in that series.

soera

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 03:51:46 pm »
I have a complete DQ collection.  8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 04:06:23 pm »
I have a complete DQ collection.  8)

Me too, at least the main series. The Monster spin-off titles don't look that interesting to me, never been a fan of the Pokemon games or their clones.

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »
Fire emblem ofcourse except for the newer games and the trash FE wii u spinoff.

Including the tharacia 776 CE and I'll probably aim for all sealed as well later on.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 08:34:29 pm »
Contra. This shouldn't be too hard none of them are super-expensive... except the arcade cabinet.

sworddude

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 08:54:54 pm »
Welp... here I am... been a collector for years and didn't know there were 12+ different Fire Emblem titles... lol.  I knew there were a few released in Japan only, but didn't think there were that many.  I thought I was lucky to even pickup my Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn copies.  Not too many people want to let go of theirs anymore.  A very nice collection to have though!  Fire Emblem is always sought after!

This is wrong, plenty of people want to sell it, there are plenty of them on the open market so there is no excuse. I guess you mean that nobody wants to let it go for a low price. two different things in my opinion. But than again if you knew the value would you do the same thing and sell it for a very generous price? I can imagine doing so to a friend but to anyone else I highly doubt it. The list is way to long for people looking for a cheap copy.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »
Suikoden Series.

With me finding Tierkreis today I am only missing the Japan Only games!! So close!!

creag4

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 09:47:58 pm »
Welp... here I am... been a collector for years and didn't know there were 12+ different Fire Emblem titles... lol.  I knew there were a few released in Japan only, but didn't think there were that many.  I thought I was lucky to even pickup my Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn copies.  Not too many people want to let go of theirs anymore.  A very nice collection to have though!  Fire Emblem is always sought after!

This is wrong, plenty of people want to sell it, there are plenty of them on the open market so there is no excuse. I guess you mean that nobody wants to let it go for a low price. two different things in my opinion. But than again if you knew the value would you do the same thing and sell it for a very generous price? I can imagine doing so to a friend but to anyone else I highly doubt it. The list is way to long for people looking for a cheap copy.

Out of the three sentences you bolded, I'd say 2/3 of them are pretty accurate / correct statements, but I guess that means I'm wrong.  My bad lol.  Didn't think anyone would have the nerve to pick apart my posts word for word.  Maybe a better worded statement would have been: "Not too many collectors want to let go of theirs anymore." (given the fact they don't pick up an extra somewhere).  I will say that although many copies may be listed online, most of them are online scalpers, which list above retail in hopes of maximizing profit (especially around Christmas-time with quantities low and demand high).  I will say in the past few years the demand for these games has definitely skyrocketed, and with a higher demand deems a higher possible listing price.  Sorry if this post "offended you", I'm not looking to start a fight, just to have friendly conversations, but you did come across as "aggressive" in your opinions.  I think starting a post with, "This is wrong..." is a bit harsh, don't you? 
Currently playing: Evo: The Search for Eden (SNES) & Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1).

sworddude

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2016, 03:48:47 am »

Out of the three sentences you bolded, I'd say 2/3 of them are pretty accurate / correct statements, but I guess that means I'm wrong.  My bad lol.  Didn't think anyone would have the nerve to pick apart my posts word for word.  Maybe a better worded statement would have been: "Not too many collectors want to let go of theirs anymore." (given the fact they don't pick up an extra somewhere).  I will say that although many copies may be listed online, most of them are online scalpers, which list above retail in hopes of maximizing profit (especially around Christmas-time with quantities low and demand high).  I will say in the past few years the demand for these games has definitely skyrocketed, and with a higher demand deems a higher possible listing price.  Sorry if this post "offended you", I'm not looking to start a fight, just to have friendly conversations, but you did come across as "aggressive" in your opinions.  I think starting a post with, "This is wrong..." is a bit harsh, don't you?

I'm just saying that your statement about people not wanting to get rid of the FE games is wrong. Nothing more nothing less.

if your statement was true barely any copies would surface on the open market however there are countless auctions and listing running on all FE games and that's only ebay, plenty of other roads and online stores aswell.

Also If I look at the US and path of radiance the most sought after FE game the going price is around 80 - 130 +. Most people list them between those prices so to be fair most of the fire emblem games are listed with their true market value and are under the current retail price including some scalpers who want a quick buck. and ofcourse finding the game in the lower end is pretty challenging because nobody wants the least value for their goods, especially with those ebay taxes for non scalpers wich is around 15% total after paypal and ebay fees.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:07:22 am by sworddude »

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 05:39:35 am »
Sorry if this post "offended you", I'm not looking to start a fight, just to have friendly conversations, but you did come across as "aggressive" in your opinions.  I think starting a post with, "This is wrong..." is a bit harsh, don't you?

Don't mind Sword, he's gotten into more than a few arguments around here with folks lol  Most of us are alot less hostile than he can be sometimes.

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 01:38:28 pm »
The original .hack quartet on PS2. Sadly the fourth game was released in a super limited quantity for whatever reason and people want outrageous sums of money for it ><

creag4

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2016, 05:22:15 pm »
Sorry if this post "offended you", I'm not looking to start a fight, just to have friendly conversations, but you did come across as "aggressive" in your opinions.  I think starting a post with, "This is wrong..." is a bit harsh, don't you?

Don't mind Sword, he's gotten into more than a few arguments around here with folks lol  Most of us are alot less hostile than he can be sometimes.

I'd never go around saying people are wrong, lol I didn't think anyone like that was in the community, but there's always bound to be a few, no biggie.  I mean, he's practically looking for a fight if he's going after me for 1-2 words, lol.  I will however say that the #FE Wii U title was receiving some decent~mediocre reviews, so I wouldn't call it trash. 
Currently playing: Evo: The Search for Eden (SNES) & Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1).

creag4

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 05:24:24 pm »
The original .hack quartet on PS2. Sadly the fourth game was released in a super limited quantity for whatever reason and people want outrageous sums of money for it ><

Yea, what's with that?  I've been hearing about this .hack series for awhile now, and am starting to get interested.  Is it a 4 part series for the PS2?  I've seen a few in the wild, but never even considered picking them up.