Author Topic: Any particular game series you are trying to complete a collection of?  (Read 5642 times)

Re: Any particular game series you are trying to complete a collection of?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2016, 06:42:17 pm »
The original .hack quartet on PS2. Sadly the fourth game was released in a super limited quantity for whatever reason and people want outrageous sums of money for it ><

Yea, what's with that?  I've been hearing about this .hack series for awhile now, and am starting to get interested.  Is it a 4 part series for the PS2?  I've seen a few in the wild, but never even considered picking them up. 
They're actually pretty good. What was really good was everything carried over from game to game. Just for whatever reason only the first 3 can be bought at reasonable prices.

Sorry if this post "offended you", I'm not looking to start a fight, just to have friendly conversations, but you did come across as "aggressive" in your opinions.  I think starting a post with, "This is wrong..." is a bit harsh, don't you?

Don't mind Sword, he's gotten into more than a few arguments around here with folks lol  Most of us are alot less hostile than he can be sometimes.

I'd never go around saying people are wrong, lol I didn't think anyone like that was in the community, but there's always bound to be a few, no biggie.  I mean, he's practically looking for a fight if he's going after me for 1-2 words, lol.  I will however say that the #FE Wii U title was receiving some decent~mediocre reviews, so I wouldn't call it trash.

I thought #FE was pretty good. Good graphics and catchy music. Just why no Lyn?!

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »
I'd never go around saying people are wrong, lol I didn't think anyone like that was in the community, but there's always bound to be a few, no biggie.  I mean, he's practically looking for a fight if he's going after me for 1-2 words, lol.  I will however say that the #FE Wii U title was receiving some decent~mediocre reviews, so I wouldn't call it trash.

#FE is in my backlog after putting about 15 hours into it.  Solid enough RPG, though a tad on the boring side kinda due to the dungeon design I feel, and would be on the boring side for those not interested in modern Japanese culture and J-Pop.  I also don't play Fire Emblem, so I have no draw towards that, but it's a spinoff collaboration game, so it's harmless when it comes to the series as a whole.  Looking to see if I can't push through and get it beat before Final Fantasy XV releases this month.

creag4

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2016, 09:27:52 pm »

#FE is in my backlog after putting about 15 hours into it.  Solid enough RPG, though a tad on the boring side kinda due to the dungeon design I feel, and would be on the boring side for those not interested in modern Japanese culture and J-Pop.  I also don't play Fire Emblem, so I have no draw towards that, but it's a spinoff collaboration game, so it's harmless when it comes to the series as a whole.  Looking to see if I can't push through and get it beat before Final Fantasy XV releases this month.

I wonder what I can even get out of the way before XV... very excited for that as well.  I might even try to pickup #FE if it ever goes down in price, but I doubt it will go down much.  I haven't bought retail for modern in a long time, only for a few releases.  I've been retro for a pretty long time, so it's kind of difficult switching back and forth between consoles (with all of these cords and such...even my current setup is all over the place).  I'm not a fan of J-Pop or Japanese culture either, but I figure I'd at least give it a shot. 
Currently playing: Evo: The Search for Eden (SNES) & Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1).

azure

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2016, 09:34:14 pm »
Yes, various series actually. Close to completing my SMT set.

theflea

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2016, 02:02:46 am »
I collect everything console & handheld so ya i'm going for complete everything. Lol
So far the only complete sets i have are...
- Dreamcast
- Virtual Boy
- Tomy Tutor

I'm close to a complete NES collection with only 1 to go.
(Not counting holy grail games) to me stadium events is one of these games. Its a varation and in my opinion not needed for a complete set. Now if your going for a complete set with all varations then yes this game is counted.

I'm not far off for a complete ps1 and N64 set with both about 30 games for a complete. Everyone is pushing me to complete the ps1 set just because not many people have done this.  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2016, 01:01:35 pm »
I collect everything console & handheld so ya i'm going for complete everything. Lol
So far the only complete sets i have are...
- Dreamcast
- Virtual Boy
- Tomy Tutor

I'm close to a complete NES collection with only 1 to go.
(Not counting holy grail games) to me stadium events is one of these games. Its a varation and in my opinion not needed for a complete set. Now if your going for a complete set with all varations then yes this game is counted.

I'm not far off for a complete ps1 and N64 set with both about 30 games for a complete. Everyone is pushing me to complete the ps1 set just because not many people have done this.  :P

I imagine your house looking like the inside of The 40-Year Old Virgin's apartment, but with games and consoles instead of action figures. And that's not an insult, that sounds awesome!

stlgamer75

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 09:57:58 pm »
Legend of Zelda and Castlevania series are two I'm trying to collect all of the titles of. Two of the seminal games of my youth were the original Legend of Zelda and Castlevania on the NES & I've been huge fans of the series ever since.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 09:24:14 am »
Most of the ones I care about I have completed... at least to whatever lengths I want to complete them.

Right now I'm working on Armored Core and Mobile Suit Gundam (US releases only).

After I finish Armored Core and MSG I'll probably move on to some other franchise.

I have been thinking about seriously going after the .hack games, especially now that I have Quarantine knocked out.  I think one more .hack game and I'll take it serious.

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 04:07:09 pm »
Yes, various series actually. Close to completing my SMT set.

Got a pic? I'd love to see what you have!  ;D

As for FE x SMT... yeah, i made a long rant video about it some time ago. ::) I don't have a WiiU, so I didn't get a chance to play it yet and see how it turned out.

Hmm... I'm hoping Switch will have another SMT/Persona or Fire Emblem game released on it. That'd be pretty sweet.