Author Topic: Gaming Resolutions for 2017  (Read 4952 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Gaming Resolutions for 2017
« on: November 10, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »
Since the old 2016 thread showed up, why not start a 2017 one while our thoughts are there? (And I already accidently wrote an entire post I was gonna post on that thread by accident :-[ )

So what are your gaming resolutions for 2017?

I'm starting to hit a wall with my game collection. Most of the stuff left that I want is either far more expensive than I usually spend, or it's just something I kind of want but aren't must-plays. So my collecting has slowed down a lot.

So at this point, I think I'm focused mostly on the bigger, more expensive items in my wishlist that I've been scared to tackle due to price:

-Ducktales 2 (NES)
-Sunset Riders (SNES)
-Punisher (Genesis)
-Resident Evil: Gaiden (GB Color)
-Einhander (PS1)
-Intelligent Qube (PS1)
-GameCube Hori Controller

I do also want to start collecting for the PSP. I still don't have one. Maybe next year will be the year, since prices on the hardware seems to finally be coming down.

What about you?

Re: Gaming Resolutions for 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 01:57:57 pm »
Eh.  I'll decide my resolutions for next year when after x-mas comes around.  This is too early to be thinking about what I'm gonna do next year.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »
Next year will be a fairly light year for me in regards to gaming in general. I have a lot of important things I've been putting off for too long and video games, both playing and collecting them will be on the back burner. With that said I will still be collecting and playing games, just not near the volume I have in the past. With that said, this is what I hope to accomplish next year:

- Reach 2000 games in my collection
- Replay every game in my top 15 games and re-evaluate where they stand as my favorite games of all time
- Participate in the 52-games challenge for next year (probably wont even come close to reaching 52-games beat though)
- Shoot new Game Room Tour after reaching 2000 games (moving into a new place soon and I'll have a completely different game room to show off)
- Purchase a very special, and probably very expensive game for number 2000
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:01:02 pm by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »
Just gonna try and get the rest of my Zelda collection CIB.  I still have a few Gameboy ones, Zelda 2, and A Link To The Past to get.  I have all the main games, so that was one goal accomplished.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 08:28:56 pm »
I'm putting collecting on a low fire. I want to go on vacation coming summer, and I want to get the Switch as soon as possible when it launches. In other words, I have to save up. So I'm holding back until both of those things have been taken care of.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

soera

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 10:25:54 pm »
My retro collecting is done for now. I have acquired every retro item I have wanted. My entire focus now is a complete PS4 collection. So ... my only resolution is to keep up with it. The switch has potential but until it's there, I wont get one.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 12:23:38 am »
- Purchase & build enough shelving for my game collection
- Continue working towards a complete retail Xbox 360 NTSC collection (575 to go currently)
- Usurp the #2 spot for largest Single Effect Unusual collection in Team Fortress 2 and cement the lead. (Currently at #3 with 1 less than #2 but 85 less than #1).
- Either do some damage to my backlog of doom or Go back to unfinished games and get my achievement completion % up a few points (currently at 60%)
- Reach 150 posted solutions on True Achievements (currently 118)

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 03:33:40 am »
I want earthbound really bad lol :D   but in fairness I will probably hold off on it for another year until I find it "in the wild" for a "fair price" lol.  look at me lying to myself again. :)  I will never find it in the wild for a fair price. I might as well just try to save for a fair priced one on ebay. I very well may. It's one of the rarer games I lust for. I hope I can convince myself to actually hunt it because I tend to sleep on games if they are pricey.

I will try to hit the 500 mark in PS2 games :)
Score a top loader NES
Score a majority of the video game themed Pop! vinyl figures and some of the new wave amiibos
Buy the Scorpio when it drops

Beat Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads....... On APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!  lol

My biggest resolution though is to collect ever Godzilla game ever made.

Wish me luck :D

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 09:50:36 am »
This year I have beaten 3 RPGs (4 if I can pound out FF7 here at the end of the year).

Next year I need to at least double that! No way I can get through my backlog at my current pace!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 11:06:55 am »
Oh yeah, I need to replace the Game Gear, too. And repurchase a Master System. Maybe I'll have the extra dough to do that at Christmas, I usually get money then.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »
It's rare for me to do the resolution thing, but eh...let's see.

*Continue to play more games
*Continue to buy more games

Actually, I guess that's it for now. Maybe I'll think of something more specific down the road. XD

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »
Finding a NES xd
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 07:46:58 pm »
Finish more games! I'd personally like to dig into the older Final Fantasy titles if I don't start that by the end of this year. I'd like to jump start my collection a bit more as well, we are hoping to move within the next year or so which could potentially mean more room for this hobby.

More specifically I'd like to get some more N64 titles, and possibly pick up some other older systems I never owned growing up.

thewelshman

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 12:48:13 am »
- Rearrange my game room (better shelves for games, LEs, figurines, etc)
- Work on my PSP collection (Foolishly sold many of them years ago.)
- Complete more games
- Buy less impulse games
- Buy new PS Vita (Wearing current one out)

I play fairly regularly, but I tend to get overly focused on trying to platinum games rather than be content with beating them. So I would like to be able to beat more games without getting hung up on getting 100% of the trophies.

robertoman

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 08:34:45 am »
- Get a Shelf
- Reach 600+ Steam games
- Get games that are on the top of my wish list
- Get a Sega Dreamcast with either Virtua Tennis or NFL2k (possibly)

I have been collecting for 2 years now and I cant believe how much my collection has grown since then! and no, I do not collect games for the sake of collecting, I try to play every game I get. I seriously cannot stand people who collect just to collect.