Author Topic: Man...SCREW Apple!  (Read 2019 times)

gf78

Man...SCREW Apple!
« on: November 19, 2016, 09:46:56 pm »
I've begrudgingly dealt with Apple since moving on to an Android phone. I've kept my iPad even though I also have an LG tablet, mainly because I had all my documents on it and it was familiar. But with each subsequent iTunes update, things just keep getting worse. Two versions ago, my battery life went to shit. This time, battery has gotten worse. I can't swipe my screen to unlock anymore, I have to press the home button a second time. They've fucked up Pages by changing the way you tab. Not only that, when trying to tab back and forth between a document and second app, the screen turns into a checkerboard pattern before reloading. Somehow, songs I have downloaded from iTunes are no longer showing in my purchase history. When I try to find them manually, the song shows I've purchased it, but won't allow me to re-download!   >:(. It does the same shit on my PC.

The final straw was tonight. I bought a physical copy of Metallica's new Hardwired...to self-destruct 3-CD set. Ripped it to my PC with iTunes only to find it impossible to transfer the shit to my phone. No matter what, I couldn't even open the damn file folder!  Then, POOF!  The album just stops showing that I've even copied it!  Nowhere to be found!  I then just ripped them with Media Player, did a simple drag & drop and was good to go.

So FU Crapple. I've had enough of your walled-off garden, proprietary cables and shitty iOS updates. Since Steve Jobs passed, your company has gone to shit.

I'm taking my iPad to GameStop tomorrow and trading it in for a Gears 4 external HDD and some extra store credit. At least I'll get some use out of that instead of two hours of beating my head against the wall and raging because iTunes sucks so friggin bad!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

darkragnorok

Re: Man...SCREW Apple!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 10:58:47 pm »
I dont have an iphone but my parents do and even I can say that not being able to swipe to unlock the phone was unnecessary. Dont understand why they did that. Also doesnt help that I always get the feeling that every new update seems to do harm to the devices, having that sense of fear is well not good. But the fact that it denied you Metallica, well Apple should be exiled.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:23:50 pm »
I used ipod for awhile, which was fine, but I've had my phone for 2 years, so no need.  I only use itunes for three podcasts I subscribe too lol I've never liked apple products.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:27:31 am »
I use CDex (still) to make MP3s. Then use Winamp to put them on iPod, or just copy to the phone. Haven't used iTunes since... uh... when did Windows XP SP2 come out?  ;D

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:58 pm »
I use Musicbee for my music stuff now. I  had Winamp, but with that losing support because they ended the program, it didn't always run right, so I found one that I think is mostly as good.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 05:40:05 pm »
Sounds like Apple. I don't use a tablet myself, my main multi-media device is my Windows 10 PC. I keep on-the-go stuff to a minimum with my 5 year old Android, though I do most of my music listening in my car, via CD player. I've never found any phone, or tablet to be worth watching or listening to unless absolutely necessary.

Had an iPod that lasted about 10 years, it was more trouble than it was worth.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 05:48:03 pm »
I have a super-old version of itunes that actually kinda works, but it crashes super easily, because well, I like to think the Windows version of itunes is purposely super buggy and broken.
I have an ipod nano (6th gen) lasted a few years, then the power button broke... Then I got a Sandisk, and managing files is SO much easier!
I am real conflicted about Android Vs. iOS, although it probably doesn't help the newest (non-jailbroken) iOS I used is ios 7.1 whereas I have Android Marshmallow on my current phone.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 07:07:22 pm »

davifus

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 08:20:03 pm »
Itune works fine with me. No problem with it yet.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 09:10:06 pm »
I've been a pretty dedicated Apple consumer for the past decade and the most reliable, well built computer I ever owned was a 2006 Macbook. I dropped the thing countless times, got me through college and never had any major issues with it up until the HDD became corrupted after about 8 years of reliable use. After that i purchased a Macbook Pro and like my old Macbook it has been incredibly reliable. With all that said, however I do not like the new direct Apple's product line has gone in the past 3-years or so. I hate how they are pushing USB-C like crazy even though the whole world is using USB A and to a lessor extent B. It would be fine if they wanted to include several C ports alongside your standard A ports, but nope, just C. And while their products have always been more expensive, they are now just ridiculous; $1400 for a basic Macbook Pro...screw that!

I have become more and more a fan of Windows over the years, in part because I know how it works and how to use it now. I am 90% sure that when my current Macbook Pro dies I will be getting a Windows PC; I just cant justify getting their computers anymore. I'll probably still get an Ipod when my current one kicks the bucket someday, but I don't plan on switching off Android when it comes to mobile devices. I really like the platform.