Author Topic: Game that Never Released that You Wish Had?  (Read 4384 times)

kypherion

Re: Game that Never Released that You Wish Had?
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2020, 03:01:05 pm »
Castlevania: The Bloodletting. There's a sprite of Richter and some other dude online and it looks cool, but unfortunately never became it's own game.

"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2020, 08:36:28 am »
Shining Force III B and C were only released in Japan for Saturn and I can't read Japanese.

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2020, 10:06:20 am »
I'm pretty sure that there was a version of Daytona planned for the 32X. I would have loved to see how that turned out as Virtua Fighter and Racing are my favourite versions on that system. On the DC we should have seen more arcade ports. Scud Race, Daytona 2 etc. I would also have liked to see Sega Rally 2 and Virtua Fighter 3 ported across to either XB or PS2 as the Dreamcast releases were rushed.

Oh well its not like I am short of games to play :)

megasilverx1

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 12:36:16 am »
Given how short lived the console was their are many games to choose from, but Dragon Hopper on Virtual Boy seems like it would've been a fun game to play.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 03:18:47 pm »
Lunar 3 for Sega CD (or playstation).  The 2 games are still my favorite jrpg stories and characters.  Sad the system died before we got the 3rd. (and then the game company that localized it went under a few years later!)

Full Throttle 2.  I think this one was still in development right up until LucasArts was closed down by Disney.  I don't know who could've replace Roy Conrad's gravelly voice for Ben.

Space Quest 7, Quest for Glory 6, King's Quest 9.  I miss classic Sierra.  (Space Quest 7 is still said to be a thing by the Two Guys, but I'm not very optimistic at this point.)

Wolf Among Us 2.  Eff you, guy that bankrupted Telltale.  Eff you so hard in the a-ay what do you mean it's coming after all?  Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!
Pretty sure they announced the Wolf Among Us 2 in the last Nindies Direct. Check and make sure!
EDIT: NVM I read that wrong, yeah it's happening.

Mine's StarCraft Ghost. I'm pretty sure I got a GameCube just for it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:20:21 pm by dharmajones93 »

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 06:09:48 am »
Weirdly for me it's Silent Hills.

Weird, because I very rarely finish horror games. I have a low tolerance to being scared witless!

But I do like trying them at least until I have to stop, and I never got to play PT.

I like to think that Kojima and Konami could bury the hatchet in 10 years time and it finally gets made...I'm a dreamer  :)

ferraroso

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2020, 08:33:59 pm »
Weirdly for me it's Silent Hills.

Yeah... I really wish we could have played Silent Hills too...
Other than that, Half Life on the Dreamcast is a game that comes to mind...

astralsoul13

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 12:17:45 pm »
EarthBound 64. This one just breaks my heart even to this day. I know we got Mother 3 eventually on GBA - well, not the US, but at least the game was fan translated and the fact that it exists is enough for me. But EB64 was my most hyped game ever, until it was cancelled. Would've loved to see what it turned out to be and compare it to the GBA game that did get released.

Project Dream - the prototype SNES game that eventually became Banjo-Kazooie on N64. I don't know much about it but this was created by Rare during the height of their greatness. Every game they put out was gold and I have little doubt this would've been as well. Plus I would've loved to see how different or similar it is to Banjo-Kazooie.

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 12:56:38 am »
Secret of Mana on the SNES CD
Scalebound
Star Control IV
Star Command X: Armada

There’s more but I’m drawing a blank.  :(