Author Topic: What failed 90s console do you think had the most potential?  (Read 4926 times)

zappman

PRO Supporter

Re: What failed 90s console do you think had the most potential?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2019, 07:16:52 pm »
Atari Jaguar, the first 64-Bit console.

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2019, 11:29:55 pm »
Dreamcast seems like the most obvious answer.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2019, 10:51:22 pm »
Dreamcast would be my answer a great system that never even got to prove itself.Sega just pulled the plug when Sony released the ps2. My second would be saturn.

ferraroso

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2019, 08:32:33 am »
Living in Japan, I don't consider that the Saturn was a failure at all. Around here, it is just as easy to find games for it as it is for the Nintendo 64, for example (with the exception that the Saturn's library is much larger, has a lot more of variety and is, overall, much better than that of it's Nintendo counterpart).
So, I'd definitelly vote for the Dreamcast (even though, for me personally, it feels much more as a console belonging to the early 2000's than to the 90's...)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2019, 05:32:13 am »
Philips CD-i
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

astralsoul13

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 12:49:36 pm »
I'm going to go rogue and say the Virtual Boy. Okay, okay, hear me out! Yes it was a gigantic failure. Yes the system itself was prone to hardware failure. But for its time it was revolutionary. No, it was not true VR like we have today, but it was the closest thing and the 3D worked very very well for what it was. The black and red display was retina-burning for sure, and you couldn't play the system in long stretches, but if by some miracle it sold well and was supported for 4 or 5 years it would've had some really killer games.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 12:47:40 am »
1. 3DO
2. Saturn
3. PC Engine / Turbo Grafx / PC-FX