Author Topic: Platform Regions  (Read 1027 times)

Platform Regions
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:49:42 am »
The way the regions work at the moment is a bit puzzling to me. As the database increases you are going have a massive amount of consoles listed each with 2/3 regions, would it not be better to have 1 option for each console then use a drop down or something similar to select the region? I know its basically an aesthetics thing but otherwise you are going to end up with a hugely long browse page. Or do something along the lines of you select your console then be displayed buttons for each region to take you to that section?

Just an idea :)

matt

Re: Platform Regions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:36:26 am »
Good suggestion. The browse function was something that was just added and I'm not too happy with it at the moment. A way to group consoles would be great. I'll add this to my (long) to-do list.

matt

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:45:31 am »
I'm updating the database today so that each console has a parent. This will allow us to say group all flavors of a certain console together and should help clean up the browse page a bit. I'll post an update when this is live.

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:38:40 am »
Updated the browse page to this:

http://vgcollect.com/browse

I'm not 100% done with the design but please take a look and critique it.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:29 am »
Looking better :D
The problem would still exist that its still a long list and I am sure more things will be added over time making it longer. having something along the lines of:

Parent page > Region page > List page

Might work a bit better as each page will be shorter.

That said its good :) and dosent need to really be a hugly high priority I guess as the functionality is all there like this.