Author Topic: The Game Awards 2016  (Read 1560 times)

The Game Awards 2016
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:06:13 pm »
While the awards aren't a big deal, they do reveal new stuff.

We are getting new Zelda footage, where they already teasing stuff in the pre-show.  Villages, airships, bird people, and likely Zelda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVdYopGBN8

They finally confirmed the Bullet Storm Remaster, a dumb fun game from the last generation which apparently have a Duke Nukem bonus mission or something.

More proper Zelda stuff to come and there will be Shovel Knight footage.

Brand new Death Stranding trailer, introducing some new actors to the world, more of the setting, and just as much weirdness as always lol
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:21:59 pm by kamikazekeeg »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: The Game Awards 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 09:26:17 pm »
Appearantly Del Toro is on for Death Stranding. Hey finally something interesting about game

the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild trailer - I seriously can't wait for this game\

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition - knock another remaster I wanted off the list. Looks like the Duke Content replaces the main Character with Duke Nukem so that's cool

Gaurdians of the Galaxy - Really that's all you have to show Telltale?

Dauntless - just a CG Trailer but I'm Guessing... Overwatch X Monster Hunter maybe

Lawbreakers - might check out, looks like other shooters i tend to enjoy

won't say much about the awards themselves, but it's nice to see Boogie win that Trending Gamer award

WAIT HOLD ON did he say that DLC for a game won Best RPG???

Music from Doom Time to open up this Pit
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:02:01 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:03:05 pm »
Both Del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen are in Death Stranding. I didn't expect Del Toro involvement going as far as to introduce him as seemingly a character.

Sick Doom music live from Mick Gordon to wash out that rap that seemed randomly added to the show lol

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:06:07 pm »
Both Del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen are in Death Stranding. I didn't expect Del Toro involvement going as far as to introduce him as seemingly a character.

Sick Doom music live from Mick Gordon to wash out that rap that seemed randomly added to the show lol

I'm pretty sure that the rap song came from Gears 4. I'm sure I've heard it recently and I think it was from that

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 10:08:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the rap song came from Gears 4. I'm sure I've heard it recently and I think it was from that

Ah, well not so random, but just as awful.  Not just because it's rap, even if I hate most rap, it just had terrible mixing and the two guys sounded like shit with really dumb lyrics lol

soera

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 10:13:17 pm »
Yeah that rap was the worst part so far ... but that Doom music. OMG I need that soundtrack now!!!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 10:16:35 pm »
Yeah that rap was the worst part so far ... but that Doom music. OMG I need that soundtrack now!!!
I don't know the bad acting from the shickbot to the Broadcasting in VR is getting worst

soera

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 10:29:50 pm »
My vote still for the rap.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 10:53:37 pm »

SSsooooooo... the first rap song or the second one?

AND with that I'm done for the night
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:55:19 pm by redblaze57 »

soera

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »
LOL no idea now. This song sucks balls too.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 11:05:50 pm »

SSsooooooo... the first rap song or the second one?

AND with that I'm done for the night

Both were equally awful, though I remembered I had to bring in the trash cans, so I only listened to a minute of the second one lol

Mass Effect Andromeda is looking good.  More planetary exploration is something I like.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:11:44 pm by kamikazekeeg »

soera

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 11:16:17 pm »
Curious at the lack of some games.

Shocked that Overwatch took GOTY.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 12:10:27 am »

I think Overwatch is a great multiplayer shooter, probably one of my favorites since Team Fortress 2,  but I was surprised too.  Thought Doom or Uncharted 4 would take it.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 10:43:39 am »

I can't think of a more deserving game to win this award. The soundtrack matches perfectly with the gameplay and action going on in the game. It gets me pumped beyond what is probably healthy while I'm playing!

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 02:38:52 am »

I can definitely understand your shock. I've hardly touched it since I bought it. To me, it just feels entirely over-simplified. I'd much prefer playing vanilla TF2.

I mean, I can understand why people like the game, but it just isn't what I'd give the GOTY throne to. Then again, I really wouldn't be able to name any other game I'd give it to, either. This year's game picks haven't scratched my gaming itch all that well.