Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite  (Read 1316 times)

doafan

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
« on: December 05, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »
Kinda disappointed that nobody is talking about this one or maybe they are talking in a different thread which if it is the case please let me know it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAOgJ9y0Ots

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:08:59 pm »
I was not a huge fan of MvC3 and this looks like a lot of the same honestly. I would love for Capcom to go back to hand drawn character models, I just feel like they were a lot more appealing and worked a lot better for this type of game. Another thing I am worried about is Capcom giving MvCI the Street Fighter V treatment, essentailly releasing a bare bones game with barely any content or characters; I grew bored with Street Fighter V after one evening and have had little desire to pick it back up despite additional characters being added. I'll wait until it comes out to get excited.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:40:38 pm »
Same, I'd like to see the return of sprites instead of 2.5D. Just looks nicer.

Badges

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 03:29:45 pm »
I was not a huge fan of MvC3 and this looks like a lot of the same honestly. I would love for Capcom to go back to hand drawn character models, I just feel like they were a lot more appealing and worked a lot better for this type of game. Another thing I am worried about is Capcom giving MvCI the Street Fighter V treatment, essentailly releasing a bare bones game with barely any content or characters; I grew bored with Street Fighter V after one evening and have had little desire to pick it back up despite additional characters being added. I'll wait until it comes out to get excited.

I can say this is not the case for most of this.  They've already specified it'll release with a story mode and arcade mode, so it'll have content.  While it is seemingly re-using assets from MvC3, people are saying this is so they can greatly expand the roster.  Bring over most of everyone outside of the mutants and then add a whole bunch more, greating a vastly bigger roster than ever before.  And from what I understand, they are returning to something that is more old school for the series, which is 2 vs 2 and bringing back the infinity stones.  It's being developed in house at Capcom also, which is the first time in a number of years, rather than most of their other fighting games which were done by two other developers.  I think they realized how badly they fucked up on SFV and are seemingly doing everything to try and remedy that for this soft reboot.

Not that I'll probably play the game, I've never played the series, I'm just interested from an entertainment point of view.  Marvel vs Capcom is an insane and nonsensical fighting game to watch being played lol

doafan

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:07:57 pm »
There is some speculation circulating the web that says that this will be the first Marvel vs. Capcom game that will not gonna include the X-Men fighters mainly because they will focus on those characters from Marvel which properties are owned fully by Marvel/Disney in all media forms, like the Guardians of the Galaxy team  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 03:30:16 pm »
Gamestop exclusive UMvC3 Physical copies for X1/PS4
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Ultimate+Marvel+vs+Capcom+3+Only+at+GameStop,28zu0

Well that's some bullshit. Hopefully it is some sort of exclusive steel cover or something.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 03:44:16 pm »
Gamestop exclusive UMvC3 Physical copies for X1/PS4
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Ultimate+Marvel+vs+Capcom+3+Only+at+GameStop,28zu0

Well that's some bullshit. Hopefully it is some sort of exclusive steel cover or something.
Sounds like full exclusive, but who knows.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »
Better than no physical version lol It's likely just a simple physical copy, maybe a special case, it's not like there will be exclusive content.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 05:27:52 pm »
Better than no physical version lol It's likely just a simple physical copy, maybe a special case, it's not like there will be exclusive content.

I know, I'm mostly just shocked that a game with some much hype around it may be getting a retail exclusive release. Seems like a weird decision on Capcom's part.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 05:33:22 pm »

I know, I'm mostly just shocked that a game with some much hype around it may be getting a retail exclusive release. Seems like a weird decision on Capcom's part.

You know that it's Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, right? This isn't a physical exclusive for Infinite.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 05:54:03 pm »

You know that it's Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, right? This isn't a physical exclusive for Infinite.

Nope I did not...reading hard lol. That makes more sense.

spac316

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 01:05:27 pm »
The possibility that there may not be any X-Men characters initially because of the MCU is unsettling. It's stupid how that would influence the roster just because Fox owns film rights to a franchise. So that could mean no fan favorites like Wolverine, Storm and Magneto among others would not make it and to me, that would keep me from buying the game.

I like the MCU but keep it for the cinemas! It's Marvel's IP, they should be allowed in the game, regardless of who owns the film rights!

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 01:28:17 pm »
The possibility that there may not be any X-Men characters initially because of the MCU is unsettling. It's stupid how that would influence the roster just because Fox owns film rights to a franchise. So that could mean no fan favorites like Wolverine, Storm and Magneto among others would not make it and to me, that would keep me from buying the game.

I like the MCU but keep it for the cinemas! It's Marvel's IP, they should be allowed in the game, regardless of who owns the film rights!

You're misunderstanding I think. It's not that characters such as Wolverine (Logan) and Magneto won't be in the game; it's that they won't be prominently featured. They'll downplay their inclusion (but will still include them) and the emphasis will be put on characters who are largely part of the current MCU as well as those who have upcoming movies like Captain Marvel and the Inhumans. Spider-Man's movie rights are tied up with Sony and they somewhat capitulated with Marvel behind the scenes (royalties, payments and what not) so that they could incorporate him into the MCU. My point to that is you can guarantee he'll be prominently featured whereas they'll release a roster update and go "Oh yeah, some guys named Magneto and Logan are getting added....but here's Wolverine/X-23!!!!!1!!"

Fox apparently has no designs to give up what they've got so Marvel is less inclined to help them out any which is why we were getting stuff like Uncanny Avengers. There's only so much material for Fox to work with and now that fans are fully aware of the relationship between them and Marvel, it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets their IPs back (and things like that FF reboot bomb certainly helps speed things up).

spac316

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »

You're misunderstanding I think. It's not that characters such as Wolverine (Logan) and Magneto won't be in the game; it's that they won't be prominently featured. They'll downplay their inclusion (but will still include them) and the emphasis will be put on characters who are largely part of the current MCU as well as those who have upcoming movies like Captain Marvel and the Inhumans. Spider-Man's movie rights are tied up with Sony and they somewhat capitulated with Marvel behind the scenes (royalties, payments and what not) so that they could incorporate him into the MCU. My point to that is you can guarantee he'll be prominently featured whereas they'll release a roster update and go "Oh yeah, some guys named Magneto and Logan are getting added....but here's Wolverine/X-23!!!!!1!!"

Fox apparently has no designs to give up what they've got so Marvel is less inclined to help them out any which is why we were getting stuff like Uncanny Avengers. There's only so much material for Fox to work with and now that fans are fully aware of the relationship between them and Marvel, it's only a matter of time before Marvel gets their IPs back (and things like that FF reboot bomb certainly helps speed things up).
Alright. I know the full roster has yet to be announced, so they have a year to prove me wrong. I also hear that non-MCU characters could be DLC, so I might wait for a "Definitive Edition" to be released then buy it.