Author Topic: eBay scammer help stop this kinda thing  (Read 1831 times)

nellen

eBay scammer help stop this kinda thing
« on: December 06, 2016, 12:21:51 pm »
Hello guys, so I was on eBay looking at some snes games to add to my collection. And seen Chrono trigger for a to good to be true price. So I look in the description and see this "I don't know if it's an original or reproduction so please don't ask." So I pmed him saying this "you say 'I don't know if it's an original or reproduction' but that's bs its bootlag,on the back that little oval should say nintendo. you know what you are doing. i reported you and i hope they ban you. good day"    he's reply was a joke "Good day ..... Don't tell me what I know or don't know.... Get a life.... What makes you a pro???? I have professionals who tell me that I should open the game and show the inside.... Go get a life you miserable person.... Don't inbox me anymore or I will report you Mr."     please everyone report him for selling bootlegs he know he's trying to rip people off .  http://m.ebay.ca/itm/Chrono-Trigger-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1995-/122251628663?hash=item1c76c3d077%3Ag%3AasoAAOSwo4pYQPPk&_trkparms=pageci%253A767a4a98-bbd6-11e6-b403-74dbd18079bf%257Cparentrq%253Ad51ab3231580a787022277dfffdfbf3f%257Ciid%253A4
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 12:50:12 pm by nellen »

Re: eBay scammer help stop this kinda thing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 12:39:13 pm »
Reported and also reported to ap.nintendo.com

kashell

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:32:28 pm »
Hello guys, so I was on eBay looking at some snes games to add to my collection. And seen Chrono trigger for a to good to be true price. So I look in the description and see this "I don't know if it's an original or reproduction so please don't ask." So I pmed him saying this "you say 'I don't know if it's an original or reproduction' but that's bs its bootlag,on the back that little oval should say nintendo. you know what you are doing. i reported you and i hope they ban you. good day"    he's reply was a joke "Good day ..... Don't tell me what I know or don't know.... Get a life.... What makes you a pro???? I have professionals who tell me that I should open the game and show the inside.... Go get a life you miserable person.... Don't inbox me anymore or I will report you Mr."     please everyone report him for selling bootlegs he know he's trying to rip people off .  http://m.ebay.ca/itm/Chrono-Trigger-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1995-/122251628663?hash=item1c76c3d077%3Ag%3AasoAAOSwo4pYQPPk&_trkparms=pageci%253A767a4a98-bbd6-11e6-b403-74dbd18079bf%257Cparentrq%253Ad51ab3231580a787022277dfffdfbf3f%257Ciid%253A4

eBay is blocked at work, but I will report him when I get home.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 06:58:46 pm »
The pictures show what it is. Also the seller has 6 feedback... why even bother.

If you sent him that message, that isn't very nice.

nellen

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »
he says he doesn't know if its real and he know's its fake it's even against the law. people like this should be held accountable for selling bootleg's. he's lying to people to try and make money.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:33:42 pm by nellen »

azure

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 07:33:24 pm »
Reported, also love that description.

nellen

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 07:36:10 pm »
ya any one that say's i don't know if it's real so don't ask. is full of it

azure

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 07:39:57 pm »

Basically trying to cover their ass, but making it painfully obvious it's a fake at the same time.

nellen

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 07:43:36 pm »

Basically trying to cover their ass, but making it painfully obvious it's a fake at the same time.

lol i still love the email he sent me.  "I have professionals who tell me that I should open the game and show the inside"
like what anyone that know's video games can see its a fake.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 09:06:22 pm »
Easy way to avoid is to ask them to send a picture of the board, but even then then can sent you a stock picture. Actually the best way is to not buy from eBay the sought after titles that are that cheap.

nellen

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »
how ebay work's is they cant sell you bootleg's on ebay if they do you can get a refund because selling bootlegs is illegal. but what i was saying about the listing you don't need a pic of the bored to know it's a bootleg. its missing the nintendo marking on the back.

nellen

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 09:45:33 pm »
Easy way to avoid is to ask them to send a picture of the board, but even then then can sent you a stock picture. Actually the best way is to not buy from eBay the sought after titles that are that cheap.

how ebay work's is they cant sell you bootleg's on ebay if they do you can get a refund because selling bootlegs is illegal. but what i was saying about the listing you don't need a pic of the bored to know it's a bootleg. its missing the nintendo marking on the back.

nellen

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 11:06:47 pm »
just a update thanks to you guy's. the seller fixed he's listing and is now calling the game a repro.

darkragnorok

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 01:24:58 am »
Even without the Nintendo logo on the back, the KA ESRB rating is darken when everyone knows they didnt start becoming darken until like the early 2000s. Depending on what games it is, if its a repro I wouldnt mind but dont outright lie to people saying you are not sure when clearly it is.

nellen

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 01:40:26 am »
he emailed me back saying this

"Just wanted to let you know that you were correct.... I took this product and was told that it's a reproduction.... If your going to approach a person.... Approach properly and you'll get better results... My add was informing ppl to figure it out and bid if they want.... Not a scammer, just didn't do my homework and didn't feel like doing my homework.... The auction is down and reworded.... Thanks and goodbye'

you can tell hes just trying to cover he's ass

so do you guys think i should post more stuff like this ?