Author Topic: browser testing  (Read 2539 times)

htimreimer

browser testing
« on: March 17, 2012, 12:45:13 am »
do you guys think it would be a good idea if we test the site on different browser on different platforms like windows mac linux  and mobile platforms

matt

Re: browser testing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 12:39:27 pm »
I already do this.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 12:42:03 pm »
Has there been any development for the Android App? It would be awesome to be able to search with it while in a store.

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 01:15:39 pm »
The search in the app is fully functional, although you can just search by name. You can even add it to your universal serach and search straight from your hardware search button.

But there hasn't been much progress in any other area. I'll hopefully be firing it up this week and pushing out an update.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 01:18:30 pm »
The search in the app is fully functional, although you can just search by name. You can even add it to your universal serach and search straight from your hardware search button.

But there hasn't been much progress in any other area. I'll hopefully be firing it up this week and pushing out an update.
If the app update is as good as the forum update it should be a good one.

darko

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »
Not to downplay Matt's response, but I've used the site on Firefox (mac/pc), IE 8, 9 and 10, 3 different builds of Chrome (mac/pc) and Safari. They all seem to work. I've also tested it on Safari (iphone), Dolphin (Android), and various other mobile browsers.

I don't know if you'd call it testing per se, but they've all seemed to work fine. I'm a little bit of a browser skitzo.

Looks like the only mainstream one I'm missing is Opera, but seriously...who uses that?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:01:35 pm by darko »

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:03:25 am »
I use Opera on my phone and it works well.

matt

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 10:42:33 am »
I use Opera on my phone and it works well.
My day job consists of full time web development, so testing is part of my nature. Not only that but I like to use common technology as to not single out any specific browser.

darko

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 10:04:32 am »
My day job consists of full time web development, so testing is part of my nature. Not only that but I like to use common technology as to not single out any specific browser.

There are many people out there who could take head to the term "common technology".