Author Topic: Fighting Games You Would Like To See  (Read 3078 times)

Fighting Games You Would Like To See
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:33:03 pm »
Pick a property and pick a gameplay style you'd love to see for a new fighting! Or just kinda create something out of your own imagination, though at least try to keep in mind a media property of some sort.

One thing that I feel Dragon Ball misses a lot, is quality fighting gameplay.  There have been proper fighting games over the years, I think a number of the older sprite based ones played like regular fighters, but it's been a long time since DB has had good fighting in it, as Xenoverse certainly doesn't have that.

I'd personally want to see a game that encompasses Dragon Ball, Z, GT, and Super, but done in a Capcom fighting game style, so either Street Fighter or maybe something more crazy being Marvel vs Capcom which allows for a lot more special bar craziness and mobility.  V Triggers could be powering up or even transformation like Super Saiyan, supers are clearly for the special moves like Final Flash for Vegeta or Supernova for Frieza.  Art style could actually be what they used on like what I feel is only one cutscene in the entire game of Xenoverse 2, where they show the death of Gohan in Trunks future, and it has like this serious shading and lighting and detail.  It looks like it is from a different game and gives Dragon Ball some visual depth it hasn't had too much of.  The rest of this game doesn't look this good lol  Either this or something on the level of animation quality that is Guilty Gear Xrd, which uses 3D models to create an animated look.

Re: Fighting Games You Would Like To See
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 12:28:55 am »
I want something with a character roster that would put games like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Marvel vs Capcom to shame. Like a giant crossover title where they take from as many properties (Both Eastern and Western) as they can. So, basically I want a MUGEN that's balanced.

darkragnorok

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:05:54 am »
I want something with a character roster that would put games like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or Marvel vs Capcom to shame. Like a giant crossover title where they take from as many properties (Both Eastern and Western) as they can. So, basically I want a MUGEN that's balanced.

Ah MUGEN, you unbalanced son of a bitch

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 01:05:27 pm »
Since both Street Fighter and KOF have moved to the whole 2.5D style, I think we need a new Capcom vs SNK. The old ones are among my favorites of the Capcom versus series and I just want to be able to pit Kyo versus Ryu again.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 02:04:34 pm »
Since both Street Fighter and KOF have moved to the whole 2.5D style, I think we need a new Capcom vs SNK. The old ones are among my favorites of the Capcom versus series and I just want to be able to pit Kyo versus Ryu again.
My thoughts exactly, one of my favorite fighting games ever is Capcom vs SNK 2. The amount of characters and different styles to use is amazing to me

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 02:37:10 pm »
I'm still holding out for a Nintendo Vs. Capcom. A guy can dream, right?

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 03:42:04 pm »
tekken vs virtua fighter

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 04:16:54 pm »

That would be pretty cool.  Would you like to see it be a Street Fighter gameplay crossover or a Smash Bros gameplay crossover?  We've partially got this crossover with like Mega Man and Ryu in Smash, and I'd be all for more characters showing up in a proper Smash Bros crossover.  Then again, it would be interesting to see Link, Mario, and others in a proper Street Fighter-esque game.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »
tekken vs virtua fighter

Oh this would be awesome!

dreama1

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 04:47:54 pm »
tekken vs virtua fighter

Oh this would be awesome!
Maybe it'll be a little strange actually. Idk.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
this is complete fantasy, but I would like to see a reboot of Justice League Task Force from SNES.. except this time make the game awesome instead of mediocre..  and add loads more characters

i just want to be the FLASH
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 02:11:24 am »

A new Capcom/SNK or SNK/Capcom would be my go-to answer for a topic like this. I love both CvS games and SVC: Chaos as well despite how broken it is (though I probably shouldn't leave out MotM on NGPC). My preference would be for SNK to spearhead this first and then Capcom make their own version. I'd prefer the SNK one to be more of a strict KOF vs SF and the Capcom iteration to be more of an over-the-top SNK Universe vs. Capcom Universe akin to the MvC series.

Even if neither of them wanted to do the work on the games themselves, there's plenty of developers out there who could rise to the task, namely Dimps, 8ing/Eighting, and maybe even Arc System Works. Me personally I would contract out the KOF/SF game to Dimps, put Eighting on the Cap/SNK 3, and have Arc do a Samurai Spirits/Last Blade mash up game.  :)

For some reason, this is one of those things that wouldn't really thrill me. I'm quite okay with all of the guest appearances of Ryu and Mega Man in SSB but I think having a 2D/3D "serious" fighter with Nintendo characters wouldn't sit right. I can't quite put my finger on why that is but it would have be MvC2 zany x1000 for me to be intrigued.  :-\

tekken vs virtua fighter

This should have already happened forever ago. I remember back in the day around 2003 or so when Sega got out of the hardware business and started publishing on other platforms that there was massive rumors tossed out about a possible merger between them and Namco. This was before the whole Bandai/Namco thing happened but I remember seeing banners showing Akira from VF and Jin or Kazuya from Tekken side-by-side. Some VF characters eventually did show up in the DoA franchise but more as guests than a full blown crossover. Tekken and SF were hobbled together in a somewhat meh pairing (and we're STILL waiting on Namco's Tekken Vs. SF game...putting Akuma/Gouki in Tekken 7 isn't enough!  :P).

You would think Sega would have pushed for this considering how they like to have their characters appear in other games like Sonic being in SSB and LEGO Dimensions, Bayonetta being in SSB, the previously mentioned cameos of VF characters in DoA and their collaboration with Capcom/Namco/Monolith on the Project X Zone games.  ??? 

this is complete fantasy, but I would like to see a reboot of Justice League Task Force from SNES.. except this time make the game awesome instead of mediocre..  and add loads more characters

i just want to be the FLASH

I'm guessing the MK vs. DC or Injustice games don't provide you with that Flash Fighting Fix?  ;)

I've tried looking for a copy of JLTF on either Genesis or SNES. Trying to find a CIB SNES version is not looking promising and the few times I've found the Genesis version out in the wild; they either wanted too much or it had a deal breaker imperfection such as being cart only, missing the book, or having rental stickers all over the game/case. I'm sure I could have picked it up plenty of times a long time ago before the market got stupid but back then I never was keen on the idea of DC always wanting their heroes fighting each other instead of fighting villains.  :P

TL;DR I'm sure so here's a Cliff Notes...

KOF vs SF (only KOF/Garou/AoF/etc and SF/Alpha/Final Fight characters), preferably done by Dimps
Capcom vs SNK 3 (SNK Universe vs Capcom Universe), preferably done by Eighting
Tekken X Street Fighter (done by Namco...or maybe not, just release it already!)
Samurai Shodown/ Last Blade mash up fighter done by Arc System Works (in 2D no less)
A true DoA vs Virtua Fighter Crossover fighter
Sega X Namco using VF/Fighting Vipers/Megamix along with Yakuza characters and Bayonetta, Shinobi, Altered Beast and of course Sonic versus Tekken, Soul Calibur, Pac-Man, and whomever else they can dredge up like Bravoman, Valkyrie or Wonder Momo.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 05:38:49 pm »

I'm guessing the MK vs. DC or Injustice games don't provide you with that Flash Fighting Fix?  ;)

it'd be just another opportunity to enjoy the speed force..  the more the merrier =)

i kinda agree, i didn't like the premise of fighting the other heroes at first, but then I embraced the story and found that there are some good villains later on... plus that whole thing where you fight your own clone, that was cool at the time.

spac316

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »
Pretend for a minute that Konami is awesome again...with that said,

I would love to see a Capcom vs. Konami game! Just think...Arthur vs. Simon Belmont, Strider vs. Goemon, Rad Spencer vs. Solid Snake, Pyramid head vs. Tyrant, Mega Man vs. Contra soldier, Street Fighters vs. Martial champions...

(But that won't happen because Konami sucks now!)

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 03:55:45 pm »
Pretend for a minute that Konami is awesome again...with that said,

I would love to see a Capcom vs. Konami game! Just think...Arthur vs. Simon Belmont, Strider vs. Goemon, Rad Spencer vs. Solid Snake, Pyramid head vs. Tyrant, Mega Man vs. Contra soldier, Street Fighters vs. Martial champions...

(But that won't happen because Konami sucks now!)

mega man VS bomberman would be the premier matchup for me =)

even though i'd much rather see bomberman on smash... and owned by nintendo... sigh...     i get depressed thinking about bomberman lol