Author Topic: Mini NES reviews & my thoughts  (Read 1847 times)

lordscott

Mini NES reviews & my thoughts
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:45 am »
I don't know have anyone on here do review or not here is my reviews,my thoughts & plus i apologize if i sound like i have bias or a fan of the classics even though i buy,i still buy,i love,i still love,i play & i still play both the classics & modern games equally without farther ado here are my thoughts+reviews enjoy.

& be warned i don't do reviews of what i love I.E gaming,anime,manga,etc. etc. at all i only rarely do them if i choose to share what i think,share my thoughts & most of all share my opinions and tell you all what i think & if I'm in the mood to do reviews & if i choose to only if i choose to do any reviews you've been warned :).

Overall i gave the system i don't know how to give it a proper rating to Mini NES so I'll give it at least a rating of 8-8.5 or 9 of 10 at the most and here are my thoughts like some of you notice including some of you who have it in your collection too like i do is that Controllers are short really short unless you buy a extension cord if you want to make your controller longer if you want to sit back,relax & play some of your favorite games on the Mini NES classics.

Farther more it doesn't stop it from being fun though sure you'll need to buy a 2nd controller if you want to play 2 player games on there or a Co-op but who cares if that controller is too short for you & if you worried about the motherboard rusted out then no need to worry about it anymore.

& those of you just wanted to plug in & have fun then look no farther Mini NES have you covered if you hate the classics then only advice I'll give you is this either try it and see if you love the games or don't or just stay far far away from the Mini NES & those of you who love both the classics & modern games equally like i do.

You'll might overlook the short controller,get hang of using it & love it like i have like i said i just don't know how to give it a fair & proper rating & for that i apologize & to finished off i will do 2 things 1 to give this message out there if you only care about graphics or if you hate/just hate the classics or if the short controller bothers you way too much don't even bother pick up the Mini NES.

& To end it here I'll say they have awesome fun games on the Mini NES i know someone already say what's on there or the box tells you but i want to share you all the list of games on there too as well if it's OK with you all enjoy,feel free to comment if you want to & to finished this reviews with a quote from 1 of my friends on youtube he said good graphics don't make good games i have to say i completely agreed with him.

Here are the list of games on there

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts N' Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

& there you have it & if you wanted to know who i was talking about his youtube channel is homestar92 & my youtube channel is thecrown871 enjoy,feel free to comment or don't it's up to you & be honest & MOD if any of the comments is harsh please don't delete it or banned them because i gave them my permission to do so because I'm asking everyone to be honest :).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:52:25 am by lordscott »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Mini NES reviews & my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:42:41 pm »
A 9 or 10?! Seriously?!

For a plug and play system that limits you to a measly 30 games?

So then what does the actual NES get? Like a 50?

lordscott

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:09 pm »
A 9 or 10?! Seriously?!

For a plug and play system that limits you to a measly 30 games?

So then what does the actual NES get? Like a 50?

Like i just said i don't know how to give it a fair proper ratings that's why gave a range of what i think once you get hang of it it's not so bad ask yourself this would you rather have a completely a easily rusted out motherboard of that fat NES or would you want the Mini NES the choice is yours.

Like i said i don't know how to give it a fair proper ratings if you look closely :).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:42:15 pm »
If your NES's motherboard is rusted, you're taking terrible care of your systems. My NES runs fine, as do many other people's.

I just don't understand all the hype about the NES Classic. It makes no sense at all that people are paying outrageous prices for a system that limits you to only 30 games. Granted, it's a good selection of 30 games. But at the same time, you can get a real NES, that plays all 700+ games, for about $50.

lordscott

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 01:47:37 pm »
If your NES's motherboard is rusted, you're taking terrible care of your systems. My NES runs fine, as do many other people's.

I just don't understand all the hype about the NES Classic. It makes no sense at all that people are paying outrageous prices for a system that limits you to only 30 games. Granted, it's a good selection of 30 games. But at the same time, you can get a real NES, that plays all 700+ games, for about $50.

Maybe i have maybe i have not i don't know what did i do to get that rusted don't worry i still love the original NES too as well and i don't follow the hype either my grandma(my dad's mom) got it for me for my birthday which was on December 28th and i do respect your opinions and i know exactly what you mean though.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts :).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:49:37 pm »

If you bought that OG NES and the 30 games on it, you'd be up around $300 or so.  Now, that's just a number I pulled out of the air, but I'd bet that would be on the low end. 

Just playing devil's advocate.   ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:57:22 pm »
^ Which is what crazy people are paying for the damn thing.

kashell

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 04:26:31 pm »
Sounds like a lose-lose situation.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 04:41:26 pm »

Nah.  If folks will just wait, they'll be in stores.  At $60, this thing is a huge win for folks that don't already have the games.

lordscott

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 05:44:31 pm »

Nah.  If folks will just wait, they'll be in stores.  At $60, this thing is a huge win for folks that don't already have the games.

In a way i kinda have to agreed with there when you said this thing is a huge win for folks that don't already have the games since some games you either can't find anywhere,can't find it cheap or the game is so valuable that you can't find it anywhere or or you can't find it cheap depends on the game in question when i said if it's a rare or valuable game :).

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 01:45:25 am »
I think for a plug 'n' play system though it is really nice. I think Nintendo missed a big opportunity though, it would have been really neat to have some sort of virtual console store. I know we already have the VC but I think it would have been better on the classic. For what it is though I recommend it. It's nice, I've had a blast with mine, to be honest, a lot of that is out of laziness, I don't want to hook up one of my Nintendo consoles only to play a game or two for a couple of minutes.

darkragnorok

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 01:07:49 am »
My thing about the NES Classic is that it would be a nice novelty to have around. Its a really small NES with a selection of 30 games you may or may not have and of course the whole hacking games onto it buts that different story. With that said, I wouldnt mind one at MSRP but the people paying like 5 times or more the original price is ridiculous that Im hoping that alot of those who went and bought a buttload to scalp are suffering in terms getting back more than what they payed for because again not cool but on the other side of the coin you have morons paying more than they should rather than to wait. Of course now the holidays are over, it should cool down but by the same token Nintendo can pull it under the rug and discontinue it which could result in another Metroid Prime Trilogy fiasco which is never good.