Author Topic: Any shops that specialize in European retro games?  (Read 1202 times)

tpugmire

Any shops that specialize in European retro games?
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:36:43 pm »
Does such a place exist?  I'm specifically hoping to find some of the European CD-i software. Most of the stuff on eBay is US releases.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Re: Any shops that specialize in European retro games?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 07:28:58 pm »
Take a look at www.retrogamingfun.be , it's a Belgian website of a retro game store owner in Belgium. Very nice guy! There's also stuff in his shop that's not on the website and he doesn't mind shipping. You can always ask him if he has anything :)

Some other stores are www.blackmax.be and www.gamewalhalla.be and www.nedgame.nl . They all sell PAL retro stuff and are all localised in Belgium or The Netherlands ;) Hope this helps you out a little. If you got any questions , shoot ;)

Kind regards

Laurenz

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:05:16 am »
Take a look at www.retrogamingfun.be , it's a Belgian website of a retro game store owner in Belgium. Very nice guy! There's also stuff in his shop that's not on the website and he doesn't mind shipping. You can always ask him if he has anything :)

I wonder if that's the store I visited last summer when I was in Brussels? We were off doing touristy things sorta near the Manneken Pis when I encountered an awesome game shop with a great selection of different things. The owner there was really nice!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 05:03:08 am »
Does such a place exist?  I'm specifically hoping to find some of the European CD-i software. Most of the stuff on eBay is US releases.

Your looking for a shop in the USA i think?

Isn't most cdi software the same in Europe and USA? Cause some stuff i have has i think USA barcode's on them, all do i'm not sure. And especially the later (reprints) software looks the same in the cd cases.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 08:41:13 am »

I wonder if that's the store I visited last summer when I was in Brussels? We were off doing touristy things sorta near the Manneken Pis when I encountered an awesome game shop with a great selection of different things. The owner there was really nice!

I think that's T Speelmarantje :D Never been there tho :D

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:37:35 am »

I'm guessing that you are looking for the european exclusive CDI games. Zelda's adventure is one of them if I am not mistaken but also a few other playable cdi games wich are not cheap.

I'm pretty sure that even in the US stores try to get these exclusives and to be fair there are not really stores who focus on cdi games since overall not much value, only a select few titles are worth it. say 10 - 15 That's just not enough for a store. Ebay in foreigns countries is your best bet. There was one store which focuses on cdi in the UK but the stock is really low since they don't have allot anymore.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 04:24:12 pm »
Thanks for all the help. I have a handful of games already, including copies of all three Zelda games, so it's not a huge priority. I just like weird stuff that I can't get easily here.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »
Thanks for all the help. I have a handful of games already, including copies of all three Zelda games, so it's not a huge priority. I just like weird stuff that I can't get easily here.

Wich titles are you looking for

Shoot em ups like tetsuo gaiden alien gate?

Or unique games like zenith and the lost ride
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:41:58 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!